Need Help with Banking / Borrowing Fast!

deanna2426

DIS Veteran
I hope someone can help me with the following scenario. I called MS and currently there are standard view 1-bedrooms at BWV for the dates we want, but I wanted to make sure I knew what I was doing!

We have 150 points with an October UY. We are taking family in January and using all of our 2005 points plus some banked points from 2004.

We were planning on taking our next trip in November during NJ Teacher Convention week, but just found out my son's school will be opening late next year due to construction. So, we've decided to go the week after Labor Day. However, this means we need to borrow points from 2006 UY. My concern is if something comes up, we will need to use those borrowed points by the end of September and probably won't be able to.

So, is it possble to use the borrowed points for our January trip and save the 2005 points for our September trip? Is there any advantage to this? I was thinking that if we do need to cancel the trip, we could then bank those points, since they are current UY?

Any suggestions on the best way to handle this?

Sorry if this is confusing!

Thanks so much for your help!!!

I'm not sure MS will allow you to do that. When you call to make your ressie, ask to speak to a manager.

Hi Diane.

Thanks for the quick reply!!!

You are right about asking for a manager...I called just to see how MS would answer my question. The rep said I had to cancel my January reservation, get on the waitlist, then if it comes up, book with borrowed points. I could then make my September reservation with the current points.

I was hoping they could just do a reallocation of points, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Unfortunately, I cannot take a chance on losing the January reservation. I have too many people counting on it!

I may try to talk to a manager.

Thanks again!

You can't just substitute/reallocate points if there is a waitlist. But are you sure that there is a waitlist for the all of the January days for the same size unit?

Maybe there isn't a waitlist for the first few days or the last few days or maybe the CM didn't even check. The process you were told about is what happens.

Best wishes -

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter