Need more suncream! A Sep 22 Solo PTR

Sparkly

Starlight, starbright...
Welcome to my PTR for September 2022!

I am Emma. I like to make stupid jokes (don't laugh at them, you'll just encourage me) and to snack.

Tell me more about your trip!

I was so excited to go back to Disney in February 2021...then a little thing called Covid hit and of course, that never happened. I started a new job in March and started planning to go on a solo trip in May 2023, but then Disney released their UK visitor 50th anniversary offer for 2022. I was tempted, very tempted. I worked out that I could afford to do it if I went later in the year and went ahead and booked.

It's not quite as good an offer as free dining, but I have no guarantee of that returning, and as a solo traveller the $488 dining credits work out to $61 per night which was my food budget anyway. (and the $200 gift card takes care of the few souvenirs I do buy and a tip or two if I want to treat myself to a sit down meal) Plus the free goodie basket sweetens the deal a little as well.

72XDoDs.jpg

And maaaybe one of these as well.

So what's the plan?

The plan is 8 nights at Port Orleans French Quarter resort, with BA flights for the first time, as Virgin no longer seem to fly from Gatwick and I would rather fly from Gatwick than Heathrow as I'm in South London and it's closer. The flight is earlier at 10:10am so I'm planning to stay overnight the night before to make it easier.

The resort is new to me and I'm looking forward to it. I started out at Coronado Springs, however, when Port Orleans reopened I jumped on the phone to change my resort. French Quarter was actually a little cheaper then Riverside which is great because it's smaller and looks absolutely beautiful. I'm looking forward to beignets and strolling around both resorts again.

Gk2oI0c.jpg

I have 7 whole days to enjoy so I have enough time to do each park at least once with MK and Epcot twice and also have a rest day in the middle to visit a water park or maybe finally go golfing. As much as I'd like to do Universal, I just can't afford another set of park tickets.

I did purchase Genie+ in advance because it was a slightly cheaper price for UK people. We'll see how that goes. I also booked the new Mears Connect for transport to and from WDW because it was only $32 for a round trip. A Uber would probably cost more and they also price gouge at certain times. I'm planning to get a Uber to Gatwick for the moment though.

To do-list
[x] Book flights
[x] Book Disney hotel
[x] Book airport hotel
[x] Book park tickets
[x] Do ESTA
[x] Get travel insurance
[] Plan travel to/from Gatwick
[x] Plan travel to/from WDW
[] GET SAVING!

Thanks for reading, I'll update more as I plan stuff!

167 days and counting!

pozX7WP.gif

Reactions: DLo
Following Along!! I have to admit I just found the pre-trip trip report sub-forum!!! We too will be there in September! Hope all the rest of your plans go super smooth!

I've finished my itinerary! :yay:

plan.png

I've been very organised and done a spreadsheet with days split into morning, afternoon, evening and everything. :surfweb:

I'd like to work in a ride on the Skyliner, a visit to a water park, a visit to Disney Springs, all of the night time shows at the parks and hanging out at the resort, but it's going to be tricky with only 7 whole days available. Still, being solo, hopefully I'll be able to get loads done.

I'm also rounding up all my shorts to put away for my holiday! I still have some denim shorts to wear in the actual summer, but it's probably better to take the soft fabric ones because of water rides and general heat. I have a few pairs of bike shorts because they're slightly longer and will be way more comfortable.

Guess who's fully paid up? :yay:

Aaaand, guess who booked the Halloween party? :rainbow:
I haven't been since 2018 so I'm quite excited, and already know what I want to go as. It'll be so much fun.

X65TDDP.jpg

I just booked my Halloween party also. But I arrive 8/27. Booked the Monday 9/5 for the party. You are going to love the French Quarter. Been 3x and love it. Was just there in Jan. I love how small and quaint the resort feels.

I need to get organized. Will have to try creating a spreadsheet. Maybe this weekend if time permits. Thanks for the inspiration.

I go this month! So exciting!
Pretty much everything has been planned and done, got most of the bits and bobs I need like suncream.

Bought Soltan Once Factor 50 kids because it'll be a slightly gentler formulation and because I don't want to have to mess around putting on suncream multiple times a day, though I'll reapply at lunchtime because I don't trust it to last for 8 hours in the heat and humidity!

Now all I have to do is round up all the clothes I got, decide on which suitcase to take and pack!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter