Need off-site Resort Options

Cheese Law

Earning My Ears
Hi All,

I just saw that flights to Orlando are ridiculously cheap for us next weekend. We are looking to find an off-site resort to try something different. We have never stayed off-site. There will be four adults and four kids ages 5-8 and we are looking for an option that offers plenty for the kids that is very close, particularly swimming, but something that has options for the adults, too. Three bedrooms would be ideal.

I looked at Reunion Resort, but I can't seem to find out just how far away any rooms/condos/villas would be from the water park on their property.

Any guidance or suggestions are very much appreciated.

I would check with vacation strategy to see if anything is available for Bonnet creek resort or check eBay for your dates.

If you can book a condo at WBC, almost all of the units are near at least one of the kid-friendly water features - 2 lazy rivers and a great pirate ship pool. I'd try to get a place there if possible. We're owners, so I don't know how to find one short notice for non-owners, but it's certainly worth looking for that one.

What’s the approximate time it takes to get to the closest Disney park and the farthest park?

Thanks!

From bonnet creek 8-12 minutes. 15 minutes Longer to get to magic kingdom because you have to park and take monorail or ferry to get to magic kingdom

Yes. Bonnet creek is across the road from Caribbean beach resort so during is actually faster driving since you don’t have to wait for bus and stop at several bus stops.

Personally, I think Bonnet Creek is dramatically over-hyped on this board. It's not bad, but nothing special for what you pay. We've looked into it based on the feedback here, but I wasn't impressed and for us the fact that it is on property is actually a negative. That means grocery stores, offsite dining, gift shops, etc...are actually farther away instead of closer. Check out places like VRBO, Homeaway or Airbnb and you'll find an endless selection of rental homes within a 10-15 minute drive of WDW. You can find a 3 or 4 bedroom townhouse/condo for $100/night or less, including all fees/taxes.

Windsor Hills would be my suggestion. They have a variety of condos, town homes and houses up to 6 bedrooms. Great amenities - community pool with water slides (town homes and houses have private pools), sport courts, movie theater, etc. It's about 10-15 minute drive to WDW depending on which park and traffic.

I second Windsor Hills. We have used vrbo, homeaway, and also direct with owners without any problems. Just check for multiple and recent reviews of the property.

We are currently staying in a villa at Reunion resort and it’s about a 4 minute drive to the pools/activities. There are villas closer to the main activities but we chose this one because the pool was so good we haven’t needed any more activities.

The drive to the parks has been about 20 minutes. It’s a REALLY nice area here and especially good if you’re a golfer (it’s basically how I lured my husband into coming to Disney)

Personally, I think Bonnet Creek is dramatically over-hyped on this board. It's not bad, but nothing special for what you pay. We've looked into it based on the feedback here, but I wasn't impressed and for us the fact that it is on property is actually a negative. That means grocery stores, offsite dining, gift shops, etc...are actually farther away instead of closer. Check out places like VRBO, Homeaway or Airbnb and you'll find an endless selection of rental homes within a 10-15 minute drive of WDW. You can find a 3 or 4 bedroom townhouse/condo for $100/night or less, including all fees/taxes.

Have you stayed at Bonnet Creek?

I don't think it's just hyped on this board. It's hyped by every hotel and travel website and guide book as well as almost everyone that has stayed there. Many rank it as the best resort to stay at in Orlando. Also, because of the location near 192, there are actually several offsite restaurants and a grocery store nearby.

Hi All,

I just saw that flights to Orlando are ridiculously cheap for us next weekend. We are looking to find an off-site resort to try something different. We have never stayed off-site. There will be four adults and four kids ages 5-8 and we are looking for an option that offers plenty for the kids that is very close, particularly swimming, but something that has options for the adults, too. Three bedrooms would be ideal.

I looked at Reunion Resort, but I can't seem to find out just how far away any rooms/condos/villas would be from the water park on their property.

3 bedroom suites at Floridays don't break the bank, has a wonderful pool and is within easy driving distance to Disney Springs (plus there is a Publix supermarket within walking distance to stock the refrigerator/freezer if need be).

Personally, I think Bonnet Creek is dramatically over-hyped on this board. .....

I've always wondered why WBC had a designated thread on the main "Orlando hotels and attractions" board and other resort reviews are tucked away under a sub board "hotel and accommodation reviews". ???? WBC gets center stage and is therefore more noticed on the Dis, for sure. I don't doubt it's a nice resort and I'm not opposed to staying there if the price was right....the problem has been that the price has not been right and I've found much better prices at other resorts.

Our most recent stays have been at Sheraton Vistana Resort, where we are staying again in May. It's super close to Disney property (directly across I4 from Disney Springs), a gorgeous property and beautiful rooms, several pools, lots of activities, very centrally located to offsite restaurants and shopping, and we frequently find great deals. We usually get a get-away through our timeshare for ridiculously low prices, but we've also rented through Skyauction for $399 for the week for a one bedroom unit.

I think people see WBC as being the closest resort to other Disney onsite resorts and believe there is a big advantage over other resorts just due to proximity to WDW property. The reality is that there are MANY resorts in a very small area that the major time difference in travel is about 5 minutes. I can get from Marriott Sabal Palms to Epcot in 5 minutes, closer to 7- 10 minutes if we stay at SVR and depending on which roads we take and traffic in general.

I've always wondered why WBC had a designated thread on the main "Orlando hotels and attractions" board and other resort reviews are tucked away under a sub board "hotel and accommodation reviews". ???? WBC gets center stage and is therefore more noticed on the Dis, for sure. I don't doubt it's a nice resort and I'm not opposed to staying there if the price was right....the problem has been that the price has not been right and I've found much better prices at other resorts.

Our most recent stays have been at Sheraton Vistana Resort, where we are staying again in May. It's super close to Disney property (directly across I4 from Disney Springs), a gorgeous property and beautiful rooms, several pools, lots of activities, very centrally located to offsite restaurants and shopping, and we frequently find great deals. We usually get a get-away through our timeshare for ridiculously low prices, but we've also rented through Skyauction for $399 for the week for a one bedroom unit.

I think people see WBC as being the closest resort to other Disney onsite resorts and believe there is a big advantage over other resorts just due to proximity to WDW property. The reality is that there are MANY resorts in a very small area that the major time difference in travel is about 5 minutes. I can get from Marriott Sabal Palms to Epcot in 5 minutes, closer to 7- 10 minutes if we stay at SVR and depending on which roads we take and traffic in general.

Thanks for this information.

Hi All,

Did you go? If so, where did you decide to stay?

Thanks!

I really like Sheraton vistana, we just stayed there a few weeks ago. Already reserved next year.
It's on idrive past seaworld across the freeway from DS. Try sky auction.com I got the tip from others on here it was the best.

Did you go? If so, where did you decide to stay?

Thanks!
Yes, we went and stayed at reunion. We had a great 3br villa. It was spacious and just a 3 minute walk to the water park.

Kids loved it. Drive to magic kingdom was very short. As a family who typically stays on property, leaving at the end of the night was not very fun. Otherwise, a wonderful experience.

Thanks for all the feedback.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter