Need opinions on hotels.

Aaron_of_London

Earning My Ears
My wife and I are planning our trip to WDW and had the following criteria for what we want in a hotel:

in-room kitchen (fridge, stove, microwave, sink)
king-size bed
shuttle to Disney
complimentary breakfast

We've narrowed our selection to these three hotels:

Quality Suites Maingate East
Hawthorne Suites Resort Lake Buena Vista
Homewood Suites Resort Lake Buena Vista

We'd like to know what's good and bad about them each so we can make an informed decision about which to stay at as we'll be there a full week.

Any advice would be helpful.

I can't help you with any of the above hotels but I just wanted to say WELCOME to the DIS. :wave2: This is the greatest place for Disney information. I'm sure someone will answer your question before too long but if not, try posting it on the Orlando Hotels & Attractions Board ...someone there will be able to answer your questions for sure.

Welcome to the DIS! :wave:

While I haven't stayed at the Hawthorne or Homewood Suites on Palm Parkway, LBV, I have stayed at the Comfort Inn and find it not a bad walk to Downtown Disney (1/2 hr at most) if you want to stay out later than the shuttle from your hotel runs. Goodings grocery store located at "Crossroads" (Hotel Plaza Blvd and SR 535) as well as several restaurants are approximately 1/2 way to Downtown Disney.

Homewood Suites gets my vote....they have the superior product of the 3 choices cited. The one I would eliminate (i.e. definitely would NOT go with) is the Quality Suites.

Hope this helps.

Why don't you look into staying on site. :earseek:

The budget Disney hotels, Allstar Resorts and the new Pop Century, have fridge, microwave and the bus service is far superior to off site. :tongue:

Just a thought, if you want to do Disney why not go all out, the experience is far outweighed by the extra price (if any) ! :hyper:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter