Need opinions--VWL or BWV with the 3 night cruise?

Rock'n Robin

Disney Queen
At this point we are looking at the 3 night cruise at the end of next June. We would be spending a Sunday-Wednesday night in either the VWL or BWV. We use fewer points at BWV (standard view). The only other difference is how many nights we can stay in 2003 with what is left.
I know next year we'll want to see
Spectro (we missed it this year, but hopefully it will be around for a while) and possibly the snowglobe parade at MK too
MGM to see the new parade and icon
AK parade (maybe, I'm sure that will be there in 2003 too)
DH has missed "the living seas" for 2 years now and wants to see it next year or else!;)
I am kind of leaning to VWL because I don't want to wait to 2003 to go "home" there.
Any opinions from you wise, wise folks? You've never let me down so far! :cool:
Robin M.
Poly 6/2000
BWV 6/2001
cruise/ ? 6/2002

I'm too new to offer an opinion on that, BUT if your DH likes and misses the Living Seas, I would like to give a hearty endorsement and recommendation that you arrange to do the Dolphins in Depth tour at the Living Seas when you're there. My wife and I just went on it about a month ago, and it was absolutely *wonderful*. It lasts about 3 hours, much of which is educational about dolphins, but peripherally you get to spend an awful lot of time "backstage" at the living seas, walking around the top of the enormous saltwater tanks, and at the end you get to spend about half an hour in waist deep water with the dolphins. It was truly fantastic, DVC provides a 15% discount on the tour, the money that you *do* spend on it goes exclusively to Dolphin Conservation, and it's just a whole heck of a lot of fun! If your DH likes the Living Seas, I think he would really love that tour.

Do you have BWV as a home resort? If so, I would recommend it particularly if you want to spend time at Epcot and MGM (you can walk to both from BWV). If you do not have BWV as a home resort, do not count on being able to get standard view with the 7 month ressie window--in other words even if you want BWV, reserve VWL at 11 months and then try to switch at 7. Only 20% of the BWV rooms are standard view and those are often gone before the 7 month window starts.

We have points at both BWV and VWL, although we have more at BWV. If we stay at VWL this time, we could do a 6 or 7 nights at BWV in 2003--if we stay at BWV, only 5 nights at VWL in 2003.
Any other opinions? We walked through VWL on our trip but only saw the VWL model at BWV. Looks cool, though.
Robin M.

I would take a different approach and take the 4 day cruise. The 3 day is nice- but by th etime you get used to the ship, its time to disembark.

Do the 4 day - you'll be glad you did!

The problem with doing the 4 day cruise is that would make you stay at your DVC resort over a Friday and Saturday nights costing many more points. Smart DVC'rs are at Sea when the point cost is high at their DVC resorts.

Dumbo

Robin,

I don't think this really matters. Stay at the resort you want to. What matters is which one of your home resort points are you going to pay for the cruise with. When you use points to reserve your cruise, use the home resort points that you want to get rid of first.

Dumbo

We are 3-day cruising in Sept. Yes, the 3 day cruise falls better for us DVC'ers since it is over the weekend. We are staying 1 night before and 5 nights after, all on weekday points. Our home resort is BWV but we are staying at VWL for a couple of reasons. First of all if you are using DCL transfers as we are, there is no longer a pick up at BWV. You will have to lug your luggage to either S/D or Y&BC. At WLV they do have the pick-up. We are also NOT doing the parks and find the atmosphere at WLV and the ease of resort hopping and catching the monorail (something we enjoy esp. to try different resorts for lunch) better from here. We also like to rent the watercraft and this is the largest body of water on Disney property. If any of these reasons fits your needs than go w/ WLV, but if being close to Epcot and MGM is what you need then go with BWV. If you are renting a car then it matters not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter