Need Some Extra-Special Experience for My Kids

BamaBrad

I've Been in the Castle Suite
On my kids' first trip to WDW, we got to tour the Castle Suite. On the second, Ariel recognized my daughter and gave her a special necklace at Ariel's Grotto.

We're going again in March, but I don't have contacts at WDW anymore and I need ideas. What extra-special experiences have your kids had there?

Why do your kids need some extra special experience every time they go to WDW? Shouldn't just going there be enough?
Yes, it's enough. We could also stay at a Motel 6 and not eat at Cinderella's Royal Table or Be Our Guest, and that would be fine. But what kind of parent wants only "enough" for his kids?

BBB (Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique) is the beauty parlor. They do the "princess makeovers" you see on the little girls visiting the parks. Not sure if you have boys or girls or their ages. I've wanted to try the Segway tour of Epcot. That could be kind of cool.
Dessert ANYWHERE!!!! Pack up some of the kids favorite Disney treats and snack out on Tom Sawyer Island. It is very pretty and peaceful there.
Even if you don't have connections anymore it wouldn't hurt to ask a CM to have a character give a gift to your kids. Ask them to please "slip" this paintbrush to Rapunzel to give to your child. Might work, might not. Be kind and remember your manners. That stuff goes a long way. I know your children will have a great time and they will remember it because of all the LOVE you are putting into their trip.

BBB (Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique) is the beauty parlor. They do the "princess makeovers" you see on the little girls visiting the parks. Not sure if you have boys or girls or their ages. I've wanted to try the Segway tour of Epcot. That could be kind of cool.
Dessert ANYWHERE!!!! Pack up some of the kids favorite Disney treats and snack out on Tom Sawyer Island. It is very pretty and peaceful there.
Even if you don't have connections anymore it wouldn't hurt to ask a CM to have a character give a gift to your kids. Ask them to please "slip" this paintbrush to Rapunzel to give to your child. Might work, might not. Be kind and remember your manners. That stuff goes a long way. I know your children will have a great time and they will remember it because of all the LOVE you are putting into their trip.
This is exactly the kind of stuff I'm looking for. Thank you!

I am surprising my daughter(10) and niece(14) with the 45 minute horseback ride at Circle-D ranch, horse drawn carriage ride at POR, and the Sea Raycer boat rental. Just a few extra things to make things more special.

There's also the campfire and singalong at the Fort. It's nothing super secret or special, but really fun and the s'mores make our kids nights! Then there's a movie out there after. While you're there you can also make a day of it and go on a carriage ride, fish (if you're into that kind of thing). Plus taking the boat from MK to the fort is nice in and of itself. Have a great trip!

You can charter a boat from Fort Wilderness (and other resorts I'm sure) and watch fireworks from the lake in front of Magic Kingdom - I think the boat seats 10 but it is a flat rate for the entire boat even if less than 10 are in your party. They provide snacks and cold soda - you cruise out in time to see Electric Water Parade (pagent? I can't remember what it is called) Then boats grab a spot facing the castle in MK. Be sure to get a boat that pipes in the music that accompanies the fireworks! If you prefer Illuminations fireworks - I believe they offer similar charters for Epcot.

What extra-special experiences have your kids had there?
As my DD would put it, "Being in our Disney home for 7 days!"

She loves every little detail of being "In the Bubble". The view from our balcony is just as thrilling and exciting for her as meeting another person in line who also loves Buzz Lightyear, as finding everyone in sight wearing a Happy Birthday button to tell them "happy b-day". Giving the doorman a hug, singing thank-you's to our bus driver... I SWEAR she has a future in the hospitality industry... ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter