Need Some Guidance - AP Make Sense?

cbsnyber1

Baxter All Grown Up
I know there's an answer out there:

Prospective trip in 2021. Four couples, planning a stay at RPR for five nights around Thanksgiving (arrive Monday Thanksgiving week, depart Saturday after TG). We would need four double rooms or perhaps two - two bedroom suites (one bedroom with a sofa bed would work - king suite).

Would it save any $$ if one of the couples gets an annual pass to take advantage of all the discounts it offers? This would be the only trip of the year's time frame of the AP.

I've been researching and understand that there are AP discounts for rooms, tickets, restaurants, etc. Is the cost of the AP offset by these savings given these circumstances? Has anyone done the math on this? We will need eight five day 3 park-to-park tickets. We also want eight tickets to Blue Man Group for one night.

One other factor: the prospective AP purchaser will be parking a car at the RPR for those five days but will not be driving to the parks.

Appreciate your help!

You don’t need an AP at the time you book the AP rate, so I would stalk the APH reservation link and establish that you can get an AP discounted rate for your dates. I book what I want at the full rate, to ensure that I have a room on standby and then check the APH link regularly.
I am usually lucky and get a discount but it doesn’t apply to all rooms or all hotels but usually the hotels that include free EPs are available.
The discounts on food and merchandise add up and there are usually AP offers for the BMG.
https://res.windsurfercrs.com/ibe/d...a=&group=&hotels=&ada=0&currid=0&vouchercode=

Yes, it`ll give you some discounts for sure.

The person with the car won`t get a discount on the parking if you were wondering that......but it`ll be worth getting the AP.

On a side note.....good to see you post, it`s been a while since we`ve seen you.....hope you`re good :wave2:

5 day 3 park tickets are $420, a 3 park seasonal AP is $403 and isn’t blocked out for thanksgiving. All of you should get the annual pass.

Yes, it`ll give you some discounts for sure.

The person with the car won`t get a discount on the parking if you were wondering that......but it`ll be worth getting the AP.

On a side note.....good to see you post, it`s been a while since we`ve seen you.....hope you`re good :wave2:

Hi Schumi:

Yes, I still lurk on these boards to stay up a bit with all the goings on. The good news is I finally got DW talked into another trip (FINALLY!!) for 2021 (because of this virus situation) so I'll be popping on more frequently. She likes Uni, I love Uni and would go every year if I had my way. But, happy wife, happy life so I'll take what I can get.

And yes, things are very good with us, thanks for asking. We had an epic house situation the past year, too long to get into details. Short version: we sold our house in May 2019 and moved into our family "cabin in the woods" - literally (Google map "Fairhope Township PA to see what I mean) - while we built a new home. We expected to be in that cabin for, at most, 7 or 8 months while the new house was built. No WiFi service in that area; I had to resort to a MiFI device, with all of 15G of high speed allowance per month. We'd use that up in ten days even without streaming anything on the TV.

For a lot of reasons that new house build did not work out. We did NOT want to stay in that cabin forever, and the local market had few to none recently built homes listed, so we ended up looking for a house near Wilmington, NC where my sister-in-law and her hubby live. They moved there just five years ago. We found a new build house in one of the many private communities in this area and moved into it in January of this year. We had just started finding our way around restaurants, places to visit (including the beach - a short half hour away) and the virus happened.

So here we sit, but the best part of this story: we now are only an eight hour drive from Universal!

I know the virus has messed your plans up big time, so hopefully you get there in September. We need a new one of your trip reports! And say hi to Tom and Kyle for me.

5 day 3 park tickets are $420, a 3 park seasonal AP is $403 and isn’t blocked out for thanksgiving. All of you should get the annual pass.

This was my "duhhh" moment today; I never thought to check ticket prices vs. the AP. I found $399.38 on Undercover Tourist for a five day park to park with Volcano Bay and the Power Pass on Uni's site is $428.99 - close enough. You are right; I believe, if pricing holds, the AP makes sense for everyone. Thanks.

Hi Schumi:

Yes, I still lurk on these boards to stay up a bit with all the goings on. The good news is I finally got DW talked into another trip (FINALLY!!) for 2021 (because of this virus situation) so I'll be popping on more frequently. She likes Uni, I love Uni and would go every year if I had my way. But, happy wife, happy life so I'll take what I can get.

And yes, things are very good with us, thanks for asking. We had an epic house situation the past year, too long to get into details. Short version: we sold our house in May 2019 and moved into our family "cabin in the woods" - literally (Google map "Fairhope Township PA to see what I mean) - while we built a new home. We expected to be in that cabin for, at most, 7 or 8 months while the new house was built. No WiFi service in that area; I had to resort to a MiFI device, with all of 15G of high speed allowance per month. We'd use that up in ten days even without streaming anything on the TV.

For a lot of reasons that new house build did not work out. We did NOT want to stay in that cabin forever, and the local market had few to none recently built homes listed, so we ended up looking for a house near Wilmington, NC where my sister-in-law and her hubby live. They moved there just five years ago. We found a new build house in one of the many private communities in this area and moved into it in January of this year. We had just started finding our way around restaurants, places to visit (including the beach - a short half hour away) and the virus happened.

So here we sit, but the best part of this story: we now are only an eight hour drive from Universal!

I know the virus has messed your plans up big time, so hopefully you get there in September. We need a new one of your trip reports! And say hi to Tom and Kyle for me.

lol...yes, happy wife happy life is a phrase well known here too......hey, if it works......:thumbsup2

Glad you have a trip planned though!!!

Oh I did Google that place......yes, I see what you mean......no internet would about end me I think!!!! But, glad you`re settled and finding your way around the new place, although yes, not great timing for trying out all the great places.....it`ll come. And nice you are within driving time.....

Yes, it has certainly changed our plans this year, but we go with the flow.....and yes, hoping September will happen, if not then it`ll be the Christmas trip...

I still remember the lovely things you said about Kyle a few years back when he got his degree, he`s doing great still and enjoying the Financial world. They both say Hi back!!!

But, good to see you and hope to see more of you with planning for your trip, and yes with an AP it`s an excellent excuse to get another trip in the planning after this one.......:wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!