need to cancel one of two hotel rooms on reservation, < 29 days

jkh1978

DIS Veteran
My mother needs eye surgery so she nor my dad can go on our family trip. We planned on two hotel rooms. How can I cancel one of the two hotel rooms and some of those tickets? It is this month so we are in that < 29 days window. Any problem adjusting dining reservations? If we got the insurance from that third party while booking on Disney, will that help if it's only two of the 6 people not going?

My mother needs eye surgery so she nor my dad can go on our family trip. We planned on two hotel rooms. How can I cancel one of the two hotel rooms and some of those tickets? It is this month so we are in that < 29 days window. Any problem adjusting dining reservations? If we got the insurance from that third party while booking on Disney, will that help if it's only two of the 6 people not going?

Is it a room only reservation? If so, I thought you could cancel those 5 days before the start date of the reservation without penalty.
For dining reservations, there shouldn't be an issue adjusting. Just modify it on MDE.
For the tickets, I don't know if insurance will cover it since you don't actually lose money on the tickets (value is never lost, just applied to the cost of new tickets).

Call. Under these circumstances Disney is likely to waive any Disney penalty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter