Need to rent an ECV, which company to choose?

Which EVC rental company to use?

• Buena Vista Scooters

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Walker Mobility

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Apple scooters

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexsandra

Ready for the next adventure
Hi there,
I am renting an ECV for my mother in law for our upcoming trip in 2 weeks. We are staying at the Polynesian Resort for 7 days.

I used Buena Vista in the past for my dad but we had trouble with one of their scooters. The battery life of the first scooter we received died only after 2 hours in the park and it was a real hassle getting it charged and back to the resort that day. We called the company and they offered to replace it only the next morning. The second scooter we received was ok but now I am a little reluctant on using Buena Vista scooters again.

I heard good things about Walker Mobility but I will need to be there for pick up and drop off of ECV which is kind of a bummer. I loved arriving at hotel and ECV was waiting for us at Bell services. Walker mobility however has good prices and their scooters are waterproof.

There is also Apple scooter but I heard their fleet is really old and the same problem I had last time can occur with the scooters. They are cheeper than Buena Vista though.

What do you recommend?

I have rented from Buena Vista School only three or four times. One of the scooter had a problem once and it was replace with in two hours. I told them not to rush because we were taking a break.
It’s always at Bell when I arrive. Have not used anyone else so I can’t say anything about them or have any options on them I would used one of those three because they can come into the pales to do repairs. Other scooter company’s may be cheaper but you are on your own to get it to the gate or parking lot

I've rented from Walker Mobility on all of our trips.

As far as the pickup and drop off it's super easy. They can schedule a time for dropoff. If you need it sooner, you can call them and they will. The last trip they weren't supposed to deliver it until around 5. They called me at 3 and they were going to be in the area and wanted to know if I was okay with them coming early. Of course. So, they dropped it off and we were ready to go.

Pickup was a good also. Just took it downstairs and they were there waiting for me. I am going to use them again on my upcoming trip at the end of October.

I didn't vote because I'm also unsure between Walker and Buena Vista. I've rented from both, and as the previous poster said, drop off and pick up were both super easy with Walker. But Walker's controls are thumb-driven (hopefully another poster can explain it better), so I went with Buena Vista last time, whose speed control is "squeeze driven", much easier on the fingers. But I read a report here that made me think that returning the scooter directly to the company, rather than just leave it at Bell Services, may be much safer. Also, I felt that the basket on the BV scooter was much smaller, and DH noticed it also. What to do, what to do. And sorry Apple, but I'm not confident enough in you yet.

We are in the parks now. The Buena Vista scooters are now carrying their charging cords in a pouch on the back of the scooters. Not sure that inspires confidence about their reliability. Also have seen a lot of BV scooters plugged in around the parks. Makes me wonder?

It also appears to make carrying a backpack on the rear of the seat harder to do since the charger is in the way.

My favorite vendor is still Walker Mobility.

We are in the parks now. The Buena Vista scooters are now carrying their charging cords in a pouch on the back of the scooters. Not sure that inspires confidence about their reliability. Also have seen a lot of BV scooters plugged in around the parks. Makes me wonder?

It also appears to make carrying a backpack on the rear of the seat harder to do since the charger is in the way.

My favorite vendor is still Walker Mobility.
Agreed. I did take my charger with me in the back of the scooter, but never had to,use it once. And we were there from open to close for 10 days.

Hi there,
I am renting an ECV for my mother in law for our upcoming trip in 2 weeks. We are staying at the Polynesian Resort for 7 days.

I used Buena Vista in the past for my dad but we had trouble with one of their scooters. The battery life of the first scooter we received died only after 2 hours in the park and it was a real hassle getting it charged and back to the resort that day. We called the company and they offered to replace it only the next morning. The second scooter we received was ok but now I am a little reluctant on using Buena Vista scooters again.

I heard good things about Walker Mobility but I will need to be there for pick up and drop off of ECV which is kind of a bummer. I loved arriving at hotel and ECV was waiting for us at Bell services. Walker mobility however has good prices and their scooters are waterproof.

There is also Apple scooter but I heard their fleet is really old and the same problem I had last time can occur with the scooters. They are cheeper than Buena Vista though.

What do you recommend?
wasn't that long ago there was a post about ECV that was left for pick up by company not going right. ECV went missing for a couple of days when poster thought she might have to pay for it. no proof it was left with bell services. which was also a bummer after reading that I am thinking drop off and pick up might be better. yes it worked out and it was found but took a few days not hours

I didn't vote because I'm also unsure between Walker and Buena Vista. I've rented from both, and as the previous poster said, drop off and pick up were both super easy with Walker. But Walker's controls are thumb-driven (hopefully another poster can explain it better), so I went with Buena Vista last time, whose speed control is "squeeze driven", much easier on the fingers. But I read a report here that made me think that returning the scooter directly to the company, rather than just leave it at Bell Services, may be much safer. Also, I felt that the basket on the BV scooter was much smaller, and DH noticed it also. What to do, what to do. And sorry Apple, but I'm not confident enough in you yet.
I just read about that thumb control. My mother in law has carpel tunnel so it won’t work for her. I’m going to go with Buena Vista or Apple scooter

I rented from Scooterbug. They can drop off the scooter at Bell Services so you don't need to meet them and they have the squeeze throttle. It was my first time renting a scooter but I was pleased with the quality of the one I got. I'd rent again from them in the future.

Buena Vista Scooters has worked well for me. I usually get the damage waiver but that doesn't cover a lost scooter - not sure any of the damage waivers from other companies do? I suggest if you rent from a place that leaves them with the bell services that you make sure to sign their book when you take and return the scooter (can't hurt to take a photo as well on your phone).

Buena Vista Scooters has worked well for me. I usually get the damage waiver but that doesn't cover a lost scooter - not sure any of the damage waivers from other companies do? I suggest if you rent from a place that leaves them with the bell services that you make sure to sign their book when you take and return the scooter (can't hurt to take a photo as well on your phone).
Of course, if you rent from a place that doesn't use Bell Services, this isn't necessary :)

Hands down...Walker Mobility. I've used them numerous times now and never any problem. Easy delivery and always competitive rates. Great company.

Hands down...Walker Mobility. I've used them numerous times now and never any problem. Easy delivery and always competitive rates. Great company.
Exactly. I think I've rented from the 10"times. Only one time did I have any issues with one of their scooters and when I called them they were there within 10 minutes.

We just got back from Disney, we rented from Walker this time because of reviews. I was very disappointed. The scooter was in bad condition it was all scratched up, the fabric on the scooter was torn. Twice the scooter just stopped working even though it showed full power. We did call and they had us walk through all these steps and said it was a loose connection. Even when speed was turned all the way up it was very slow. We did complain on the last day both by phone and to the gentleman who picked up the scooter. He did say they were getting a whole new fleet in this year and they will be much improved. I would not rent from them again until they get the new scooters in.

I love apple bu t tried buena vista last time. On the first day scooter died and could not even be pushed. When I called, person said push it back to our resort! I told him wheel was locked and would not push. I had to ask for a supervisor. They brought another scooter but they were not very nice at first. Also they are more expensive than apple.

There is a lever in back of the scooter on the bottom that you have to push it to release the wheels to make it easy or Easyer to push.

Yes you are right, thanks, but on this scooter it would not budge even when company tried. they thought gear shift was broken.

I have my own scooter now, but previously have rented exclusively from Apple for many years. When I first started using them, I had no idea they had any bad reviews. But, because my experience has been excellent, I went on that as opposed to others' experiences. I don't even know how many times I have rented from them, more times than I can count. We are Florida passholders and go to Disney often, so way more than the occasional user.

Every scooter I have ever rented as been a workhorse. Absolutely zero problems, and never had the battery level ever go below half, despite 10-14 hour park days.

The one time I called them was because my scooter had a chunk missing from it's back tire. I was concerned the tire would wear down and explode or something. They assured me that the tire wouldn't explode, but if I was more comfortable, they would bring a replacement out to me immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!