Need to rent an ECV, which company to choose?

Which EVC rental company to use?

• Buena Vista Scooters

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Walker Mobility

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Apple scooters

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone use K & M Medical? they have 4 star reviews and all sound same as other reviews for other companies good and bad. They are better priced and wondering if i should use them? the only downside i see is they cannot come into parks if needed. They use Pride mobility and i need one i can transport in the car as we are staying off property.
125 for week and 10.00 day after only 10.00 per rental to have extra basket and 15.00 per rental for canopy if wanted. others charge 5.00 to 10.00 per day extra! dont have to take insurance either.

anyone use K & M Medical? they have 4 star reviews and all sound same as other reviews for other companies good and bad. They are better priced and wondering if i should use them? the only downside i see is they cannot come into parks if needed. They use Pride mobility and i need one i can transport in the car as we are staying off property.
125 for week and 10.00 day after only 10.00 per rental to have extra basket and 15.00 per rental for canopy if wanted. others charge 5.00 to 10.00 per day extra! dont have to take insurance either.

Never heard of K&M Medical. Sorry.

Walker doesn't charge by the day for the canopy. It's a flat fee for the entire rental.

I would used one of those three because they can come into the pales to do repairs. Other scooter company’s may be cheaper but you are on your own to get it to the gate or parking lot

OK - I'm not sure I'm understanding this - pales is a typo for parks, right? And getting it to the gate means at the parks, right, not for drop off or pick up, but if it's broken?

One caution I heard about a canopy-it can block your view behind you. Since it's so important to see what's coming towards you, maybe it's not such a great idea. I've never used a canopy, because I was told this. Can anyone else confirm or deny?

One caution I heard about a canopy-it can block your view behind you. Since it's so important to see what's coming towards you, maybe it's not such a great idea. I've never used a canopy, because I was told this. Can anyone else confirm or deny?
It does block the view. Which is fine if you have someone with you, but if you are solo it's not a good idea.

I second @CatNipRules - Not only does it block *your* view (if you need to back up for some reason - and you will, at some point, have to back up) but it can even impair your side vision somewhat, depending on the model of the scooter and the design of the shade.

Plus, you have to remember that the canopy actually offers very little direct shade for most of the day. It's only during the middle of the day when it is functional as a shade device - the rest of the time there *will* be a certain amount of sun intrusion "under" the canopy as the sun is not directly overhead. You are mostly paying extra money to feel like you have done something to protect yourself... when you really haven't.

If you are using it for shade, a parasol, or even a clamp on umbrella might be a better choice, but the *best* choice in my opinion is a wide-brimmed straw hat. Not only does it not block anyone behind you from being able to see around you, but you don't have to try and hold anything and drive - nor do you have to worry about removing or lowering or storing any type of clamp on device if you use the buses, boats or Monorail.

TL;DR - get a wide brimmed hat. (speaking from experience)

I got a wide brimmed hat and my son called it my old lady beach hat. I still have it and wear it outside. I love it!! LOL!! Got it at the parks so it's a reminder of the trip. It stopped my head from getting sunburned also....

Exactly! LOL I got my favorite hat several years ago at the shops down on the Boardwalk (after we had Jersey Crumb Cake at the Boardwalk Bakery) and I bring it on every trip now!

Old lady beach hats RULE! LOL

Just fyi I have now rented from then 3 time with absolutely no issues. Lowest price i can find evey time. 8 day rental $130 everyone ride is $155 to $240 for 8 days

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter