Need Universal Studios help - going February 4th - haven't been in about 30 years!!

HollyL

Mouseketeer
I know Disneyland Resort like the back of my own hand, but I haven't been to Universal FOREVER!! Last time I went, I don't even think they had rides, it was basically the tram tour and some shows, and I remember I got to be a part of a Star Trek movie thing. I don't know the first thing about planning for this visit. It'll be me, my husband, and my almost 12 year old son, and almost 9 year old daughter. I believe they are tall enough to do all of the rides, but they don't like anything that goes upside down (I'm trying to change that). Neither are big into Harry Potter (but I still think they should do all of the HP themed things) but my daughter LOVES Jurassic park/world.

We are staying in the Anaheim Resort area, and renting a car, and I am anticipating a 90-120 minute drive to get there to be safe. We do plan to get there a little before the park opens, to be there for "rope drop" or whatever they call it. It'll be a Tuesday, and the park hours are 10-6.

I cannot remember the layout of the park or anything like that. Are there certain areas that get more crowded than others? What attractions have the longest waits? I'm trying to come up with a plan/strategy to get the most out of our day.

Do you get really wet on the Jurassic world ride? I'm thinking my daughter is going to insist that we do that first, but if you get wet, I'm not sure I'm going to be too keen on walking around wet that early in the day.

I tried finding a map of the park, and the one provided on the website isn't any help. Not many places have as helpful of a website as Disneyland.

Also, best places to eat? The adults eat pretty much anything (except Sushi) and the kids are picky and basically live off of chicken nuggets, Mac n' cheese, and pizza.

You'll want to rope-drop HPFJ as that line builds fast then stays long all day. Ride the Hippogriff coaster right away too as that one is not worth doing once the line builds. Form there I'd head to the very bottom of the park and ride JP, Transformers and Mummy. From there it's just a matter of planning around show times. Don't be scared off by the tram tour line. It may look long but moves fast. The tour itself will take a chunk of time. Don;t bother with the up-charge line cutting ticket. You'll see everything in one day.

You can do Universal easily in one day. However, we always buy the "fast pass" option if the day will be crowded. We did not get wet except for a few drops on Jurassic. We also liked the Jurassic Park restaurant. The tram tour has new features; it is very good. Enjoy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!