Need your Disneyland Paris thoughts!

SimonV

Proud to have called Bob Varley 'friend'
OK, here's a semi-official secret. The Brit's Guide to Disneyland Paris is now in preparation (provisional publication date Spring 2003) and Yours Truly is charged with putting it all together. Now, what I need to help give me a head start in the research process are ALL your thoughts, ideas, tips, hints, likes, dislikes and experiences of the latest Disney resort. Where is the best place to stay, which is the best restaurant, the best shop, the best off-site hotel/attraction, etc. How do you get there, and what are the secrets for travelling there with least hassle? I will be a regular visitor to DLP over the coming months (and yes, I will still be going to Orlando at least once :D ), and should get the chance to check out all your theories, ideas and tips (and all that get used will be credited in the book).

Please don't fill up the Boards here with your tips, advice, etc, but email me directly at:

simon.veness@virgin.net

Thanks in advance!

Simon

we went to disneyland paris over easter stayed at the disneyland hotel and had a fantastic time but the one magic moment that will always stay in my mind was after one long tiring day spent showing two fairly reluctant children around the city of Paris attempting to fill there minds with a bit of history and culture (in reality they only wanted to compere the real thing with the Rugrats in Paris movie and spot the sights they had seen in the movie Passport to Paris which youve probably only heard of if your a 10 year old girl! we arrived back at around 7pm and decided that as we practically had to walk past the entrance to MGM Studios we may as well drag ourselves in there just to round the day off with a bit of disney magic. To our complete surprise the park was practically empty we did every ride that we wanted to do with absolutely NO queues we did the Rockin Rollercoaster three times in a row (personally i dont recommend that anyone does that, my eyes were bloodshot, but apparently i'm just a whinger the rest of the family thought it was WICKED) anyway i do waffle on i havent even got to my magical moment yet!!! The park was obviously closing infact apart from the odd member of staff there wasnt a sole in sight we walked through the central building (the one full of shops and fast food places)and as we emerged the other side there was an enormous cheer and a flash of lights and a long red carpet stretched out infront of us we were gobsmacked it had come as such a shock that i went the colour of the carpet and giggled like a lunatic my husband looked embarrassed and walked along staring at his shoes with our youngest daughter Annie hiding behind him the clapping and cheering was wild and it just went on and on our eldest daughter Rosie who's 10 and wants to be a popstar thought she was in heaven and acted every inch the diva, she stopped on the red carpet ,she posed, she held out her hands to the adoring crowd and they loved it that someone was really enjoying themselves and joining in with the fun she had a brilliant time and we laughed and laughed untill tears were steaming down our faces we were still laughing hysterically as we walked through the hotel to our room. We later found out that the staff in the park do the same thing every night at 8pm when the park closes, but i'm not sure if it would have had the same effect on us all if we had known it was going to happen, then again i might have been more prepared and not blushed as much as i did , and i certainly wouldn't have looked quite so bedraggled walking around Paris allday followed by three rides on the Rockin Rollercoaster doesn't exactly leave you looking your best, i think the real paparatzi would have run a mile!
Anyway later that night as i bent down to kiss two very sleepy girls goodnight the ten year old pop idol wannabee whispered "today has been a brilliant day mum, i got my first chance of being famous". Oh disneyland certainly know how to wave a magic wand

sorry Simonv i've just realised i was supposed to email you directly with my yarn!!!
now short of typing it all out again i havent got a clue what to do please forgive me its my first day on these boards and i haven't got the hang of it yet!!!

...... well I loved reading your story Maddonna :) - I'm really pleased that you posted it so we could all read it. What a great experience....... there's nothing like Disney magic :) !!

I loved reading it too Maddonna - at least Disney made one little girls dreams come true :)

What a lovely story and memory :)

Welcome to the UK Dis - we hope you get to enjoy and share many other memories here with us :)

That's what the MAGIC is all about - I LOVE it, if only more people realised !

Best wishes,

Mapman

Don't worry, Maddonna, your thoughts are duly noted :D And that's a great bit of info to know, too.

well, no where near as exciting, but we got to the magic kingdom park very late on our first night - I think we went in at 7pm and it was closing at 8 - it was absolutely gorgeous - the park was empty, the lights were all on, and the music was playing - we had a couple of rides in the dark with no queues at all, and then walked back out down main street - a brilliant hour in the park.

Bev

Hi....
First of all.......THANX for writing the Orlando-book....Also GREAT for Danes!!

Here's my ideas/views on DLP. ( Me: Girl, age 20, from Denmark )

I've stayed at 2 hotels: The New York and the Cheyenne. Both great hotels, though totally different target group.

The New York is great for adults and late-teenagers. I was 15 when I was there, and I loved the "luxury-feel" of the hotel. Also, the view from a lake-view room is famtastic - especially in the winter, where you see people iceskating ( FUNNY )!!
The Breakfast was OK - not your typical cont'l breakfast, but very nice!

The Cheyenne is for families with young children. I was there with a friend ( age 16 - I was 18 ) alone for the first time at Disney. We were suppose to have stayed at the Newport, but unfortunatly the Travel-company in DK had made a mistake.
The hotel was great themed - especially boys ( and probably girls ) would love the Country-style village. The rooms are basic - but still great themed. No aircon, but a fan. I think teens would say, that this hotel is not for them. I would chose the Santa Fe, Sequoia ( Spell...whatever )or the Newport.
The breakfast is basic, and the park is a 10 minute bus-trip away. By the way - after the parks close in the summer, it might be a good idea to walk the 20 minutes home - the bus-queue is LONG!!

Right now, I think that the Walt Disney Studios is rather small. I was there in June - and it's nothing compared the the one in Orlando!! I would say that you can spend ½ a day there, and still have time to see it all. Maybe 3/4 of a day in July-August.

Shopping-tips: Take the train to Val d'Europe - but not on a sunday !!! There you have a huge mall and an outlet. The Mall will satisfy any shop-a-holic ( The gap, H&M and more ). The oulet was a bit disapointing - mostly french-brands. But if you love french-everyday fashion, you might enjoy this. But it has some great stores: Diesel, Samsonite, Nina Ricci, Chantelle ( Lingerie ) Great food-court!!

This was all......also sending this as an e-mail!

Disney-hugs

Marie

:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter