Need Your Help!

NYRFAN!1994

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone,
My family and I are planing our next trip for May 2018! About 5 of us are going and will be getting a 2 bedroom villa. We want to try somewhere new for us and we narrowed it down to three choices. Those choices are, BLT, BWV, BCV. Mind you, Im the youngest in my family going on the trip!

Hi everyone,
My family and I are planing our next trip for May 2018! About 5 of us are going and will be getting a 2 bedroom villa. We want to try somewhere new for us and we narrowed it down to three choices. Those choices are, BLT, BWV, BCV. Mind you, Im the youngest in my family going on the trip!
I agree with Bill, I'm not totally sure what you need. Of those 2 are EPCOT resorts and although they each have their nuances, in many ways they are the same. The other is the cheapest monorail resort near MK. Since you're the youngest I assume there are no young children so EPCOT is likely the better choice for most in this situation. BWV will be easier to reserve and since it's not likely you'll get a dedicated 2 BR at BCV, they are very similar in many ways. If you will be reserving at 7 months out, I'd do BWV planning to get preferred view and likely wait list for standard view and Boardwalk view.

I agree with Bill, I'm not totally sure what you need. Of those 2 are EPCOT resorts and although they each have their nuances, in many ways they are the same. The other is the cheapest monorail resort near MK. Since you're the youngest I assume there are no young children so EPCOT is likely the better choice for most in this situation. BWV will be easier to reserve and since it's not likely you'll get a dedicated 2 BR at BCV, they are very similar in many ways. If you will be reserving at 7 months out, I'd do BWV planning to get preferred view and likely wait list for standard view and Boardwalk view.
Thanks so much Dean! Im just looking for opinions on what resort will suit my family the most!

Thanks so much Dean! Im just looking for opinions on what resort will suit my family the most!
You are welcome of course. The more info you give us about your group (kids ages esp), your known preferences and your other Disney/DVC experiences; the better suggestions we can make. I'm not sure your home resort but I'm assuming it's not one of the ones you mentioned for this trip. Go ahead and reserve your dates at your home resort if it's a WDW property. Assuming you are reserving a non home resort property be ready to reserve at 8 am exactly 7 months out but look ahead a few days to see what's realistic. It's likely BWV preferred view (Not BW view or standard) or BLT Lake view will be your available options for this trip. But if you plan well, other options might be or become available such as good use of the wait list.

You are welcome of course. The more info you give us about your group (kids ages esp), your known preferences and your other Disney/DVC experiences; the better suggestions we can make. I'm not sure your home resort but I'm assuming it's not one of the ones you mentioned for this trip. Go ahead and reserve your dates at your home resort if it's a WDW property. Assuming you are reserving a non home resort property be ready to reserve at 8 am exactly 7 months out but look ahead a few days to see what's realistic. It's likely BWV preferred view (Not BW view or standard) or BLT Lake view will be your available options for this trip. But if you plan well, other options might be or become available such as good use of the wait list.
I've been going to Disney World since I was born basically. After Convincing my mom to go to the DVC desk at our stay at the Poly, the next day we went on the tour and once the trip ended my mom was finally ready to purchase DVC. We have been members since 2013 and have only stayed at SSR and WL before the renovations. The last few trips we've only stayed at SSR and we are ready to try something new. Well as I mentioned before Im the youngest kid going on this trip (I'll be 20 when the trip happens). My sister and cousin are in there mid 20's just for reference. We tend to stay away from our home resort which is AKL-Kidani Village because it's kinda away from everything. My Mom is always the one who always decides where to stay but this time she is letting me choose! I just have one question about BWV 2 bedroom villas? Are they all lock-offs?

Hi everyone,

Can't go wrong with any of the 3! My personal ranking would be BWV, BLT and then BCV. I'd stay at any of the 3 in a heartbeat though! Given the ages in your party I think BWV would be an awesome fit for you guys. The location doesn't get anymore convenient. We absolutely love being able to walk to so many different things or hop on a quick boat ride. Same could be said for BCV, I just prefer BWV. My wife and I (both 30) always stay at BWV, it's by far our favorite. I've always had a soft spot in my heart for Contemporary going back to when I was a young child, so that's why BLT is my #2 over BCV. Convenient location, but for different reasons obviously. To me, BWV is still convenient even for MK because we usually just walk through Epcot and take the monorail over (that's not for everyone obviously, but we enjoy it). Going in May you'll also have great convenience for the F&G Festival which is nice. I'd be glad to help with any other questions you may have! Happy planning!

It sounds like your party size and age would be a group that the more real beds the better. I'd place BCV first for a location by Epcot but with 2 real beds in the secon bedroom, then BLT also for 2 real beds and you get the bonus of 3 bathrooms and lastly BWV since the 2BR's are all lock-offs and only 2 bathrooms.

It sounds like your party size and age would be a group that the more real beds the better. I'd place BCV first for a location by Epcot but with 2 real beds in the secon bedroom, then BLT also for 2 real beds and you get the bonus of 3 bathrooms and lastly BWV since the 2BR's are all lock-offs and only 2 bathrooms.

Ahhh, good point that I didn't take into account (as it's usually just my wife and I). BCV may be the way to go then. Still get the great location, but with the more accommodating room.

Yes, BCV were recently refurbished - either BWV or BCV are great for your group based on the access to everything in Epcot and the couple of clubs over at BWV on the Boardwalk. The pool is nicer at BCV in my opinion but if you are not going to spend a lot of time at the pool then either would be great. BCV is closer to Epcot and smaller than BWV. BWV is about an equidistant walk to Epcot and HS.

Thanks so much Smile&nod! My family and I are more Familiar with BW because of Espn Zone! We are big hockey fans and we are hoping the New York Rangers will still be in the playoffs during the time we visit because we love going there!

I've been going to Disney World since I was born basically. After Convincing my mom to go to the DVC desk at our stay at the Poly, the next day we went on the tour and once the trip ended my mom was finally ready to purchase DVC. We have been members since 2013 and have only stayed at SSR and WL before the renovations. The last few trips we've only stayed at SSR and we are ready to try something new. Well as I mentioned before Im the youngest kid going on this trip (I'll be 20 when the trip happens). My sister and cousin are in there mid 20's just for reference. We tend to stay away from our home resort which is AKL-Kidani Village because it's kinda away from everything. My Mom is always the one who always decides where to stay but this time she is letting me choose! I just have one question about BWV 2 bedroom villas? Are they all lock-offs?
As noted, all BWV are L/O but getting dedicated at BCV will likely be difficult. BLT might be easier. I'd still book AKV as a back up to have options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter