Neighbors.....are you kidding me??

The only thing that really bothers me about one neighbor, who is right next to us, is that he doesn't mow the lawn all summer and grass and weeds are up to the windows. It looks like crap. He used to mow, but stopped a couple of years ago. He rents and doesn't feel it's his responsibility.

My neighbors are slobs. There is garbage all over the place and it blows on my lawn. I once watched as one of them opened their car door, stuff spilled out and they never picked it up. It was there for days. 5 people live in that house and not one of the lazy SOB's could bend over and pick it up. I can't imagine what the inside of the house looks like :crazy2:

Sounds like my neighbors. Garbage all over. They bought flowers and left them to die in their pots strewn around their front yard.

I feel bad going out at 8 am on a Saturday morning cutting the lawn, 530am is too early. Pretty lucky right now with neighbors. Over 34 years in this house, we have had some challenging neighbors over the years.
Our only issue is about 5 doors down. 3 adult children with a very sweet mom who they walk all over. We think they are selling illegal items, but mom just doesn't seem to notice their friends coming and going at 3 am.

I don't even know where to start. Thankfully things seemed to settle down a bit after he was dragged out by SWAT last summer. He even apologized to my husband after that incident for some of his prior bad behavior, so maybe things are looking up?

The only thing that really bothers me about one neighbor, who is right next to us, is that he doesn't mow the lawn all summer and grass and weeds are up to the windows. It looks like crap. He used to mow, but stopped a couple of years ago. He rents and doesn't feel it's his responsibility.
Our local standards are pretty low here, but even we have ordinances against that. I think they will cite someone if the grass/weeds hit 12". I've called before on some empty homes and someone usually mows soon after.

I live on a very quiet cul-de-sac with great neighbors, except for one house! They have people coming and going all the time, including, on occasion at 3am, when a couple of them will come over and drink in the middle of the cul-de-sac, play basketball, and get into fights. Let me tell you, if you haven't been woken up by drunks playing basketball at 3am you haven't lived!!!!

They also have multiple small children living there, and they are constantly playing in the middle of the cul-de-sac, which is ok, we just drive very slowly, except that the 'adults' in charge seem to think that it is ok for these children to lie down and sit on the pavement, it is very difficult to see a small child sitting in the middle of the road, no matter how slowly one is driving. They also allow their children to ride their bikes and scooters around wildly, including in and out of the piles of yard waste that we have collected in neat piles along our roads, as that is how they are collected by the city, so all of that waste becomes strewn over the streets.

Our local standards are pretty low here, but even we have ordinances against that. I think they will cite someone if the grass/weeds hit 12". I've called before on some empty homes and someone usually mows soon after.
Yes. I did talk to someone before and they sent someone out, too. But just that once. We feel it's negatively affecting our property value - who would want to live next door to that? (It's a complicated situation but that's all I want to say here.)

I am sure my neighbors are glad pumpkin is gone he was famous for getting out the door before me and 745 like clock work I would scream in horror

I also wondered about noise ordinances. Where our parents live there is currently fire danger. Between the noise ordinances and the fire danger, mowing etc. is only allowed between 7 and 10 am and 7 and 9 pm. It's making things really interesting for the lawn maintenance companies.

We have a rental across the street from us. It's small and cheap so we have lots of turnover. One guy would work on his big, loud truck at about 2;30-3 am. Another one( same house) would play music at all hours. Right now another neighbor( another rental) has a ginormous camper parked in the street close to our driveway. Not that big of a deal but it is hard to see around it when backing out. Luckily we have very little cars drive down our street. All in all we have very quiet neighbors. Pretty much the whole neighborhood(which is basically the whole town--yep, that small) is quiet. We have been lucky!!!!!!!

We have a couple of new neighbors who refuse to comply with the covenants of the neighborhood. They have been verbally abusive to members of the board and are making the whole situation ugly. Hmmm...when we considered buying/building in this neighborhood we read through the covenants to be sure we were comfortable with them. These people are being morons.

Our neighbour has the yappiest dog in the world. For those who remember my thread, yep, it's still happening.

I talked to the landlord and he said it's my fault because I'm home too much to hear it.

The worst is the next door neighbor whose aggressive pit bulls occasionally chew through the fence to our back yard or to the front. They've been gone most of the summer, though.

Our neighbour has the yappiest dog in the world. For those who remember my thread, yep, it's still happening.

I talked to the landlord and he said it's my fault because I'm home too much to hear it.
OMG are you serious??!! I would be livid!!!

The neighbors next door are very nice people. The winter they moved in the decorated for Christmas and put a spotlight on a large evergreen to show off the baubles they put on it. The light was so bright it was like living next door to the Griswalds. We didn't turn our inside lights on at all that Christmas as their spotlight kept us in constant light. We didn't say anything as they were new and it was funny. Same neighbors didn't have blinds or curtains for several months. Their college aged girls.....er...."entertained" our company one night. We delicately let the parents know they might want to get some blinds. They were up the next day.

The worst though is the same neighbors have 2 dogs. We live in town homes with lots of rules (reminds me of the x files episode Arcadia). They never are on a leash and the kids don't pick up the poop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!