Netflix original Haunting of Hill House......

Disney1fan2002

<font color=red>Like OMG the TF is SOO psyched to
:scared::scared::scared:

One of the more scary series I have watched in recent years. I only am confused about one thing. Henry Thomas (Elliot, ET) plays the dad in the flashbacks, but Timothy Hutton plays the dad in present day. I'm sorry, but new actors for the kids to go from children to adults is necessary, but an already almost-middle-aged man needing a new older actor to portray about 20 years into the future? His looks would not have changed that much. :confused3:confused3

Anyway...if you're looking for edge of your seat, keeps you intrigue, check it out.

Last edited:
:scared::scared::scared:

One of the more scary series I have watched in recent years. I only am confused about one thing. Henry Thomas (Elliot, ET) plays the dad in the flashbacks, but Timothy Hutton plays the dad in present day. I'm sorry, but new actors for the kids to go from children to adults is necessary, but an already almost-middle-aged man needing a new older actor to portray about 20 years into the future? His looks would not have changed that much. :confused3:confused3

Anyway...if you're looking for edge of your seat, keeps you intrigue, check it out.
So Dh is always trying to get me to watch scary things with him, and I always say no. I watched the trailer for this one and was kind of intrigued. Is it gory or just really suspenseful ?

My brother has been posting on FB about this show. I may give it a shot. Not super into scary stuff though. I did love Bates Motel.

We are watching it now (literally right now LOL) and it scares the crud out of me. I've had my hand over my eyes through 50% of it. My DH loves scary stuff and he admitted the hair on the back of his neck has stood up several times so far.

It has some gore + suspense/scare. It's actually incredibly well done (it doesn't exist solely to scare you - the storyline is very good which is why I'm watching still) but I'm a big baby :rolleyes1

I have heard good things about this series. We are binge watching Penny Dreadful right now, but I want to start on Haunting of Hill House as soon as we finish PD. I like scary as long as it isn't too gory- American Horror Story is something I have no problem watching.

I binged the whole series this week. I could not place the dad and did not realize it was Elliott from ET!!! Now I can totally see it. I also didn't think it was necessary to bring in a different actor to portray an older dad. They did have a bit of similarity in their facial structure but it was not necessary. make up would have worked.

I thought the creepiest scene in the whole series was when Luke was under the bed as a child. Enough said. So creepy!!!!

MJ

So Dh is always trying to get me to watch scary things with him, and I always say no. I watched the trailer for this one and was kind of intrigued. Is it gory or just really suspenseful ?

I'm only 3 episodes in, so far, just scary/suspenseful, no gore. Although, there are pictures of the series at IMDB.com that shows the past dad (Henry Thomas) sitting next to one of the daughters(child) covered in blood. I don't know what that's about yet.

Just tried watching it tonight. Not pulled in. The first few minutes were not interesting. I slept through half of it, then was totally confused when I tried to catch up (very confusing the way it goes from the past to present constantly). I think my hubby watched two episodes. I bailed and have no desire to watch any more of it.

Read a news blurb that this series is so scary that people are throwing up and passing out. If it put you to sleep, guess it's not that bad. Won't be trying it, anyway. Stranger Things is about my limit for horror.

Read a news blurb that this series is so scary that people are throwing up and passing out. If it put you to sleep, guess it's not that bad. Won't be trying it, anyway. Stranger Things is about my limit for horror.

The only thing that would make me vomit while watching this series is if I were watching it with my ex wife.

It’s really not. Lol... My kids watch it.

need to check this out.. I just started american horror story ( I know way behind network and cable but I live overseas and have to wait ).. I watched season one now on sE 2.. -that show freaks me out.. is this worse)??

Have been hearing a lot about this show. Is it on par with American Horror Story? I really can't take that show at all. The first season of it was good but then the following seasons were just too much for me. I think it could be really good show but they just take it too far. I do like really well done horror at times but if it's just too gory not for me.

need to check this out.. I just started american horror story ( I know way behind network and cable but I live overseas and have to wait ).. I watched season one now on sE 2.. -that show freaks me out.. is this worse)??

Too funny I just asked the same thing while you posted this. I agree that AHS is too much. I liked the first season but it actually gets worse and worse eeeeeeh not for me. I mean some of the stuff I caught in recent seasons were just plain foul, really low disgusting stuff. Was also wondering if it were similar.

Last edited:
Yeah I‘m not into gore either. Really liked the murder house storyline and twists. Halfway through seadon 2.

Too funny I just asked the same thing while you posted this. I agree that AHS is too much. I liked the first season but it actually gets worse and worse eeeeeeh not for me. I mean some of the stuff I caught in recent seasons were just plain foul, really low disgusting stuff. Was also wondering if it were similar.
To me it’s less gory than AHS but more creepy. There is also a story to follow about the family. I think it’s much better done than AHS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!