Never gets boring.....third time on the Dream, w/Navigators & lots of pictures

tltay2005

DIS Veteran
Just got back from another 4 night on the Dream. Was afraid that we would be bored doing the same cruise again, but instead, there were still things we didn't get to do, but also finally got to do some things we missed in the past. This trip is was myself, my husband and our almost 20 year old son. We stayed in cabin 5520, Cat 8A, deluxe family ocean view. Amazing room. We will start our report with it. Very spacious, more storage space then we could use and very quite. Not much movement, and the thruster vibrations were a lot less than we had when we stayed aft. This room only sleeps three and does not have a split bath. The only thing I would say that was a slight negative of being forward instead of aft was that since we were all adults, we spent a lot of time in the District which was all the way aft. Here are some photos of the room.

room 1.jpg room 2.jpg room 3.jpg room 4.jpg room 5.jpg room 6.jpg room 9.jpg

Continued....

We had a PAT of 10:45 and arrived about that time. Parked on level 3 of the garage and walked over to the terminal. First time in three trips with the same PAT that we had to wait (in what seemed like forever) to go through security. Once through there, it was a short line to check in. While checking in they were boarding 1-3, and we got #4, so as soon as we were done, we walked right on. Went to guest services to make sure all my on board credits and Disney Visa rewards were added to my account and then off to explore. Have to admit, being our third time, I missed some of the excitement of seeing some things for the first time, but she was still as beautiful and amazing as I remembered. We ate lunch at Cabana's, went to see our room, and then off to our meet and greet with our FB group. After that we went back to our room, which it now was around 3pm and our luggage had arrived. We had just enough time to unpack and decorate our door and then head to our muster drill. We have been lucky each trip to have an inside station, so no standing in the hot, humid outside air. We did not attend the sail away party, but instead went to the front of the ship, deck 13, to watch us sail out of port. We saw dolphins and a sea turtle and also got to see a rare sight as we were heading out, the Fantasy coming into port (back from dry dock).

cruise 10.jpg cruise 11.jpg

Day 1 continued...

We did some more exploring through the adult areas, deck 4, and kids clubs, then went to get ready for dinner. We had main dining and dinner at Enchanted Garden. I had requested a window seat through my TA and we got one, thank you KT at DU! We sat with two other adult couples and one couple's adult daughter. Very nice dinner company. We enjoyed our dinner then went to 687 for some trivia. Anthony, the host for all the adult games is amazing, he makes them so much fun. After trivia, we headed to the Golden Mickeys (my favorite of the three shows, and the only one we saw this trip). We did not do much after that, just wandered around, took some night photos, got some ice cream and then headed back to our cabin, Always fun to see what our cabin host leaves for us. Our son went to the 1820 Society's first meet up at the Cove Cafe. They each got to try an item for free. He really enjoyed meeting other's his age and would do multiple things with them each day, many things that would normally be an extra cost, they got to do for free, which I thought was a nice touch.

cruise 12.jpg cruise 13.jpg cruise 14.jpg cruise 15.jpg cruise 21.jpg cruise 19.jpg cruise 20.jpg cruise 17.jpg cruise 16.jpg

I'm here :wave: Love the big room. I like that you include pictures of the bathroom.

Yes, seems bathrooms are a big issue on the cruise threads. Some rooms have split bathrooms, some do not, and some have HA ones, so I always like to include a picture.

Day 2. We pulled into Nassau right on time. Love going up on deck and watching us pull in. Fascinating to watch the captain spin the ship around and back her in. Even though I know it's coming, the blast of the air cannons shooting the mooring lines to the dock always gives me a startle. We had an excursion planned and had to meet our group in the D Lounge at 9:45 so we headed to Cabana's to eat some breakfast first. We were doing the Fort and Junkanoo tour. Had a lot of fun, especially with the husband and wife who ran the Junkanoo museum. They told us the history of the festival, let us make music and try on the costumes. We took a tour through the city with a stop along the water and then to Fort Charlotte and the Queen's staircase The people in Nassau drive crazy!

nassau 2.jpg nassau 3.jpg nassau 2.2.jpg nassau 5.jpg nassau 3.3.jpg nassau 4.4.jpg nassau 7.jpg nassau 9.jpg nassau 12.jpg nassau 13.jpg

Day 2 continued...

After our tour guide dropped us off back at the port, we headed back to the ship for lunch. After lunch the son and husband headed back into port to buy some things. DS collects coins, so he asked for his change in Bahamian currency. I have to admit, their coins are a lot prettier than ours. While they were back in port, I headed to the adult area for some pool time. We met back up at the room and then headed to adult Ultimate Disney Trivia which was in pub 687, again hosted by Anthony. You might think you are a Disney expert (we have been annual pass holders for over 25 years) until you go to trivia, then you find out how much you don't know, lol. Didn't win, but lots of fun. DS headed off to the 1820 Society meet up at Goofy Golf. Dinner tonight was at Royal Palace. Table mates went to Palo or Remy, so we had the table to ourselves. Dinner goes a lot faster when you have three vs eight at the table. Our servers were Travis and Chantal. Chantal has to be the most fun, happy CM I have ever met, truly made our dining experience fun, and if we saw her somewhere else on the ship, she always greeted us by name and with a smile. We skipped the stage show and instead went to see Beauty and the Beast. After the movie we went to Match your Mate. This has to be the funniest show ever. It is sort of like the Newlywed game. That would end our night and we headed back to our cabin.

cruise 2.6.jpg cruise 2.7.jpg cruise 2.8.jpg cruise 2.9.jpg cruise 2.3.jpg cruise 2.5.jpg cruise 2.10.jpg

Day three and four will have to be postponed. Had a major plumbing issue at the house and my bedroom flooded and that is where my computer with all my pictures was located. Will continue report as soon as we get everything taken care of and the computer hooked back up.

Day three and four will have to be postponed. Had a major plumbing issue at the house and my bedroom flooded and that is where my computer with all my pictures was located. Will continue report as soon as we get everything taken care of and the computer hooked back up.
Oh no! Good luck.

Continued....

We had a PAT of 10:45 and arrived about that time. Parked on level 3 of the garage and walked over to the terminal. First time in three trips with the same PAT that we had to wait (in what seemed like forever) to go through security. Once through there, it was a short line to check in. While checking in they were boarding 1-3, and we got #4, so as soon as we were done, we walked right on. Went to guest services to make sure all my on board credits and Disney Visa rewards were added to my account and then off to explore. Have to admit, being our third time, I missed some of the excitement of seeing some things for the first time, but she was still as beautiful and amazing as I remembered. We ate lunch at Cabana's, went to see our room, and then off to our meet and greet with our FB group. After that we went back to our room, which it now was around 3pm and our luggage had arrived. We had just enough time to unpack and decorate our door and then head to our muster drill. We have been lucky each trip to have an inside station, so no standing in the hot, humid outside air. We did not attend the sail away party, but instead went to the front of the ship, deck 13, to watch us sail out of port. We saw dolphins and a sea turtle and also got to see a rare sight as we were heading out, the Fantasy coming into port (back from dry dock).

View attachment 238365 View attachment 238366
Love that you went to deck 13 for the sail out - thinking about doing this - my husband hates crowds. Did you miss not seeing the sail away party?

Love that you went to deck 13 for the sail out - thinking about doing this - my husband hates crowds. Did you miss not seeing the sail away party?

No, we watched it our first cruise. It's cute, but once is enough. If you have little kids, you will want to watch. I would suggest if you want to see it but not be in the crowd, watch from deck 12 instead of down on 11. We would rather look out at the port and ocean. We have seen turtles and dolphins our last two cruises sailing out of port.

Day 3.

Today was Castaway cay. Love looking out the window and seeing this view.

cc 2.jpg

Even though we live in central Florida and can visit the beach whenever, we still look forward to this day! The water is so clear and we love to swim and snorkel. The only negative vs our beaches is the sand. Our Florida beaches have very soft "sugar" sand. The sand at CC is very course. I don't think I mentioned yet, but each night we ordered coffee from room service to have delivered in the morning. There is a menu that your fill out and hand on your door the night before with the time you want it delivered. We love this and recommend it if you like to have your coffee first thing in the morning.

We enjoyed our coffee while we got ready for the day. Our wave phones went off and it was a message that our excursion for the day had been cancelled do to high winds. Was a little bummed, but we understood. At least we didn't have to worry about keeping up with time now. We put on our swimsuits, packed a bag, grabbed our snorkel gear and then headed to breakfast. We always eat up at Cabana's. I know a lot preferred the MD for breakfast, but we love to sit outside and enjoy the view.

After we ate we headed down to deck 1 and left the ship. We wanted to mail a postcard from CC since we have never done that. It is the one thing on a Disney Cruise that takes cash only. it was $2.00 for a postcard and stamp. I used the free postcard from our room, so it was less. I really don't remember the exact amount I just gave him a dollar and told him to keep the change.

cc 6.jpg
cc 7.jpg
cc 4.jpg
cc 9.jpg
cc 8.jpg

We caught the tram and went to the second stop. We found chairs and umbrella between Pelican Plunge and the snorkel lagoon. Son headed off to meet the 1820 Society for a bike ride and husband and I went snorkeling. We had a great time and saw lots of fish. If you have never been, but plan to, swim to the large buoys. Under them you will find sunken boats, statues and more. There is even a 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea sub down there.

sub.jpg
100_0573.JPG
100_0571.JPG
I didn't take many pictures in the snorkel lagoon, too busy swimming, plus it was really hard to tell what I was taking pictures of, lol.

Day 3 continued.

Forgot to mention that before we went out to snorkel we took a walk around some of the other areas. In Da Shade was an area we had not visited on our last two cruises, so we made sure to make a trek over there. It is a very nice area, especially on a hot day to take a break from the sun.

cc 13.jpg cc 15.jpg cc 14.jpg cc 16.jpg

After we spent a short time there, we then went to the snorkel lagoon and son went for his bike ride. After we snorkeled we met back up with our son and we caught the tram down to Serenity Bay. We found some chairs and then headed to eat some lunch. I think they have more variety down at the main BBQ venues, but there was still plenty to eat. Next we headed out into Serenity Bay. They water here is much more shallow than the snorkel lagoon and so clear. Swimming here was so nice.

cc 22.jpg
cc 23.jpg
cc 25.jpg
cc 27.jpg
cc 28.jpg
cc 26.jpg

Great TR! We haven't been on the Dream yet but will be this summer. A few questions, your category stateroom, does it have a separate sleeping area? Looks like there's a wall in between the living and sleeping area? Also on CC what is the area roped off separated with buoys? I thought maybe snorkeling area, but I thought that's before you get to PP? And where is R2D2, in the Lab?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!