NEW 15th DVC hotel~ Riviera Resort/ Gondola~ Will there be air conditioning debate

amccu18007

DIS Veteran
How soon do we think this will open? It is slated as its own resort NOT a part of Caribbean Beach. DIS Unplugged reports that it will have great views of Epcot and DHS fireworks plus it is a designated stop on the new gondola system, the Disney Skyliner. Wondering what the price points of this resort will be....

Im still trying to figure out where this is going to be. Ive read near Epcot but there doesnt seem to be much space between Beach Club and Epcot and the Boardwalk side is right up against the backstage area.

I said in the D23 thread I thought they would hold all this to the chest a bit longer but I admit I was very wrong. I'm skeptical it will be perceived as deluxe. I guess it really depends on how people feel about the gondolas.

I said in the D23 thread I thought they would hold all this to the chest a bit longer but I admit I was very wrong. I'm skeptical it will be perceived as deluxe. I guess it really depends on how people feel about the gondolas.

I like the idea of gondolas, but if I don't like the theme I'll likely stay elsewhere. Of course, I say that and like BLT due to proximity to MK, even though I don't love the theme.

I sure do hope that they open more turnstiles at Gateway.....it is sooooo slow when the boat unloads. Can't imagine what the back up would be like with these gondolas coming in. There goes our nice peaceful entry from BW to Epcot. :sad::charac2:

The above link indicates that not only CBR will be attached to the "Disney Skyliner" but other hotel/resorts as well. That's a lot of traffic to accommodate, depending on the willingness of passengers to ride it.

"In addition, Chapek announced that a whole new transportation system of gondolas is planned, called the Disney Skyliner, to give guests a never-before-seen birds-eye view of Walt Disney World and connect the new Disney Vacation Club property, Disney's Art of Animation, Pop Century and Caribbean Beach resorts with Disney's Hollywood Studios and the International Gateway at Epcot."

The above link indicates that not only CBR will be attached to the "Disney Skyliner" but other hotel/resorts as well. That's a lot of traffic to accommodate, depending on the willingness of passengers to ride it.

"In addition, Chapek announced that a whole new transportation system of gondolas is planned, called the Disney Skyliner, to give guests a never-before-seen birds-eye view of Walt Disney World and connect the new Disney Vacation Club property, Disney's Art of Animation, Pop Century and Caribbean Beach resorts with Disney's Hollywood Studios and the International Gateway at Epcot."
There a map and CBR has a gondola station, this resort has its own too, a bit smaller.

I did some math around the gondola. If they're using something high end, and this is Disney, premium gondola systems can carry 20-30 persons per unit. A 2.5 mile line can have hourly throughput of 5000+ passengers/hour. This is actually better than monorail throughput.

I did some math around the gondola. If they're using something high end, and this is Disney, premium gondola systems can carry 20-30 persons per unit. A 2.5 mile line can have hourly throughput of 5000+ passengers/hour. This is actually better than monorail throughput.

There's a lot of discussion in a rumors/news forum thread about the logistics, throughput, capacity, etc. I personally think the gondolas will be just fine, but there's obviously the range of reaction from "afraid of heights" to "it'll be too hot without A/C" I can't recall if I've seen you in that thread or not but here's the link just in case. https://www.disboards.com/threads/skyway-on-steroids-disney-skyliner-announced.3578988/

There's a lot of discussion in a rumors/news forum thread about the logistics, throughput, capacity, etc. I personally think the gondolas will be just fine, but there's obviously the range of reaction from "afraid of heights" to "it'll be too hot without A/C" I can't recall if I've seen you in that thread or not but here's the link just in case. https://www.disboards.com/threads/skyway-on-steroids-disney-skyliner-announced.3578988/

Premium gondolas have AC, actually!

Example: https://newsroom.doppelmayr.com/en/doppelmayr/press/doppelmayr-gondola-for-macau/
1,200 per hour in air conditioned units in Macau. They're using very small units (6 passengers), which is why the low throughput.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!