New 2020 Japan Disney Resort Package change to MIRACOSTA

Theta

DIS Veteran
I just received the new 2020 Japan post trip package information. They are moving to Disney's Miracosta. How does this package compare to the offerings for 2019? The price is $3558.00, for 2 adults in one room for 2 nights. I am trying to decide if I should just book it or try to tackle the Tokyo Disney website and book it myself.

I have read that if you book the package on your own, you need to pick up the package at a different location? Is this correct? How big of a deal is that? If I book it through Adventures By Disney, I can just show up at hotel and everything will be set?

Below is the information I received from my TA. Opinions are appreciated. Thank you!

Great News! The 2020 Tokyo Disneyland post-package for Adventures by Disney is now open. This is a great way for you to enhance your upcoming Japan Adventure.

New in 2020, Guests traveling on the Tokyo Disney Resort Post Package will stay at Tokyo DisneySea Hotel MiraCosta, a gorgeous, Italian-style hotel, exclusively located inside Tokyo DisneySea!

The 2020 Tokyo Disneyland post-package includes the following:
  • The 2020 Tokyo Disney Resort Post Package is available as a 2-night package only
  • Each Guest will receive a meal voucher good for one meal per day at many dining locations in Tokyo Disney Resort including Tokyo DisneySea Hotel MiraCosta
  • Each Guest will receive 3 daily Park Hopper Tickets plus Fast Passes
  • $3558.00, for 2 adults in one room for 2 nights.

Fast Passes are provided at check in. Each Guest receives 3 FASTPASS A tickets and 12 FASTPASS D tickets.
    · FASTPASS A tickets can be used for any attraction.
    · FASTPASS D tickets can be used for any attraction EXCEPT FOR Toy Story Mania, Soarin' and Nemo & Beauty and the Beast.

Last year's package at the Disneyland Hotel was $2259 per person for two nights, so it sounds like your package is a better deal.

We did not get any meal vouchers, but we did have breakfast included.
The 3 daily Park Hopper tickets sounds the same. Same number of Fast Passes, too
We got some swag, also. You'll probably get that, too.

Doesn't mention a monorail pass. That was nice, but hardly a deal breaker.

I did the package through ABD, so I'm not sure about the others picking up their packages. We got everything on the ABD motorcoach that took us from the Tokyo Penninsula to the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel. Our Adventure Guides came on the bus with us, and explained how everything worked. When we got off, they took care of our luggage, and all we had to do was go to reception to get our room keys. It was easy-peasy.

Disneyland Hotel is much more convenient to Disneyland, and Mira Costa is much more convenient to Disney Sea. So if you plan to go to both, it's a wash as to which is more convenient. I did not go into the MiraCosta, but I hear it's very nice.

From what I've heard, navigating the Tokyo Disneyland Resort website to book on your own is pretty nightmarish, so I'd go with the package if it sounds good to you. It was SO convenient to not have to worry about it!

Sayhello

Last edited:
The hotel change is a positive change. I wasn't too keen on the Disneyland Hotel, but of course you are paying for location. I went into the gift shop at the Miracosta and thought the overall ambiance (of the lobby / hotel) seemed *much* nicer. From what I've seen online the rooms look newer and nicer. Again Disneyland Hotel is fine, nothing fancy. Hopefully the Miracosta will have a nicer buffet breakfast!

This is a much better deal. I’ve booked MiraCosta on my own twice. I would quite happily avoid the hassle. Last year I managed to get two consecutive nights. This year I only got one. So I’m looking at a split stay that is Disneyland hotel with ABD for 2 nights, then 1 night at MiraCosta and then back to Disneyland hotel again.

We did the package on our own, at the Miracosta, for less-- the hotel is top notch, so that is a great change! The off site location is a couple of stops away on the monorail, but pretty efficient. Given the lower price and better hotel, it is a tougher decision. But either way, DisneySea is fantastic and you'll love it!

We did the package on our own, at the Miracosta, for less-- the hotel is top notch, so that is a great change! The off site location is a couple of stops away on the monorail, but pretty efficient. Given the lower price and better hotel, it is a tougher decision. But either way, DisneySea is fantastic and you'll love it!

Yes, the convenience of having the package waiting for you at the hotel is definitely worth something. Do you recall, did the "on your own" package pickup at the other location take 20 minutes or more like 90 minutes out your Miracosta arrival day? I hope that makes sense.

It looks like the difference would be over $1000 per room if I book the package myself. I would attempt to book the package on Tokyo DIsney website if I knew the extra step of package pickup wouldn't cut into that first day too much.

Yes, the convenience of having the package waiting for you at the hotel is definitely worth something. Do you recall, did the "on your own" package pickup at the other location take 20 minutes or more like 90 minutes out your Miracosta arrival day? I hope that makes sense.

It looks like the difference would be over $1000 per room if I book the package myself. I would attempt to book the package on Tokyo DIsney website if I knew the extra step of package pickup wouldn't cut into that first day too much.
We were there in April--and it wasn't too crowded. Disney dropped us off at Miracosta after dropping the others at the Disneyland Hotel, and neither stop was in time for early entry that day. We got off, checked in to Miracosta, left our bags with concierge and probably spent a total of 20 minutes there and back (and no one at the pickup line). Well worth the money we saved.

We were there in April--and it wasn't too crowded. Disney dropped us off at Miracosta after dropping the others at the Disneyland Hotel, and neither stop was in time for early entry that day. We got off, checked in to Miracosta, left our bags with concierge and probably spent a total of 20 minutes there and back (and no one at the pickup line). Well worth the money we saved.
You don't get early entry at Tokyo Disney Resort for your checkin day. So it really doesn't matter if you made it there in time for it or not. :)

Sayhello

I think this is a great improvement. I would have much preferred the MiraCosta. The package was a rip off, but I'd do it again for the ease and the FPs, which were great. I disliked the DH hotel breakfast so I'd hope the Miracosta would be an improvement on that as well.

Sad to report that the bfast at Miracosta was just meh.
I concur. We thought that the location of the Miracosta was the very best thing about the hotel.

I successfully booked a 2 night package at the Miracosta for this August but the experience was painful, even after multiple practice bookings using guidance from these boards. We were traveling to Tokyo directly from the China ABD, so the add-on package was not an option. We received 2 A and 6 D fastpasses vs. the 3 A and 12 D provided with the add-on. Although we took advantage of the Happy 15 and were able to get some fastpasses at the kiosks, the additional fastpasses provided with the add-on would have been very handy. The Japanese park-goers had an advantage because they were able to book same-day fastpasses on the Tokyo Disney Resort official app, which was only available in Japanese. We were there shortly after Soaring: Fantastic Flight opened and the wait was up to 6 hours at points. I suspect the new Beauty and the Beast attraction will be very popular as well.

Can you book the add-on, see if you are able to book a package at 6 months, and if so, cancel the add-on prior to the final payment date without penalty?

I concur. We thought that the location of the Miracosta was the very best thing about the hotel.

I successfully booked a 2 night package at the Miracosta for this August but the experience was painful, even after multiple practice bookings using guidance from these boards. We were traveling to Tokyo directly from the China ABD, so the add-on package was not an option. We received 2 A and 6 D fastpasses vs. the 3 A and 12 D provided with the add-on. Although we took advantage of the Happy 15 and were able to get some fastpasses at the kiosks, the additional fastpasses provided with the add-on would have been very handy. The Japanese park-goers had an advantage because they were able to book same-day fastpasses on the Tokyo Disney Resort official app, which was only available in Japanese. We were there shortly after Soaring: Fantastic Flight opened and the wait was up to 6 hours at points. I suspect the new Beauty and the Beast attraction will be very popular as well.

Can you book the add-on, see if you are able to book a package at 6 months, and if so, cancel the add-on prior to the final payment date without penalty?
We did that-- you can cancel up the final payment is due (caveat: this might have changed). We were able to book on our own, loved Miracosta, and had fastpasses to spare under the hotel package-- but we did book the add-on just in case, and then cancelled as soon as we were able to book through the hotel.

Sad to report that the bfast at Miracosta was just meh.

Thanks for the info on the breakfast. The package says the meal voucher is good for one meal per day at many dining locations in Tokyo Disney Resort or at Tokyo DisneySea Hotel MiraCosta. I wonder if a different dining location would be better use of the voucher.

Thanks for the info on the breakfast. The package says the meal voucher is good for one meal per day at many dining locations in Tokyo Disney Resort or at Tokyo DisneySea Hotel MiraCosta. I wonder if a different dining location would be better use of the voucher.
I'm almost 100% sure our package was only good for breakfast so that would be a nice change. Breakfast at the Disneyland Hotel was easily the worst of the entire trip. They didn't even have cereal the second morning :(

Here are my thoughts... while it was a pain in the royal *** to book through Tokyo Disney's Website I would do it on my own again.

Because I spent in total $4,500 USD for the following...

2 Nights @ the Mira Costa Porto Paradiso Park View (which our room had a side view of the harbor)

Lots of Entertainment Package

3 Special Park Hoppers
Happy 15
Monorail Pass for 3 days
1 FP (A) per person
6 FP (D) per person
2 Guaranteed Show Tickets *this made the package worth it for no lottery worries*
Each person got a special Passholder
Each person got a choice of a special 'gift'
One popcorn bucket for the room- with one filling of
Breakfast for 3 mornings

2 Nights @ Disneyland Hotel in a Beauty and the Beast Character Room (we lucked out and had a theme park view)

Lots of Attractions Package
3 Special Park Hoppers
Happy 15
2 FP (A)
8 FP (D) per person
Each person got a special Passholder
Each person got a choice of a special 'gift'
One popcorn bucket for the room- with one filling of
Breakfast for 3 mornings

*Yes there was overlap of tickets for the one day... but since tickets are cheap period didn't find that to be a big deal*

Honestly picking up the vacation package wasn't a big deal at all. If you stay at either of these 2 hotels they will give you a temporary monorail pass to get to Ikspari... and its a really short ride. I think it took us like 5 minutes once we got to the office to get it. Then you can just head straight to the parks if you want. Just make sure to have a backpack for the paperwork.

Also as a suggestion. If you do it on your own come to Japan and do Disney before the ABD. It maximizes your time more and I am so happy I did it that way.

We did Tuesday-Friday... (because there really is a difference in crowds on the weekend)

The problem with adding it on after the ABD is... it starts on a Weds. I will write a review of my trip sometime this week and get into more detail about my thought process here if people are interested.

When is your trip? I booked the Japan trip that begins on 7/5/20 and indicated I was interested in booking the 2 night stay in Disney after the trip. I have not received any further info, my TA indicated that the information would probably come out in November or December

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!