New ABD Survey?

Very surprised to have this survey invite pop into my email during lunch. Have filled our the initial screening survey. Will see what happens.

Received the phone call, told I do not qualify immediately after I answered "no" to being a blogger or podcaster hmm.

Oh that's fascinating. So they're looking for 'influencers,' not actual customer feedback. Very interesting.

That’s how I took it. Not real feedback, more of a can you promote us.

They did ask about bout going to Indonesia and Antarctica at one point.

Last edited:
I received the email questionnaire and then a followup call but missed it. I did call back (of course!) but have not heard from them again.

Well this experience has been interesting so far. We have been given “assignments” to complete via an online portal over a 3-day period. Today’s assignment was to answer some questions about yourself, previous trips you have taken, and your experience with ABD. We were also asked to upload some of our ABD vacation photos or videos. The final part was about what future trips you would like to take and you could see the other participants posts in a forum (very much like this one). We were required to comment on two other users posts to get the discussion going.

Could this be ABD testing our their own “social media” for trips?
I always thought ABD should have their own social media for trips. They tried a forum a few years ago, but it was pretty sad, and didn't have much participation. Most of the posts were made by the Mods trying to start conversations. I tried, but could not get any sort of discussions going. It will be interesting to see what happens here. Thanks for keeping us updated!

Sayhello

Getting much more interesting. Today's assignment was all about the concept of "expedition cruising."

Here are the trips we have been asked to discuss....

Antarctica Adventures by Disney Expedition Cruise
After voyaging 2 days across the famous Drake Passage, you and your family will arrive at the majestic land of Antarctica. Every day in Antarctica, a new adventure unfolds. You and your family will venture out on different excursions on most days, depending on what nature decides to unveil, including Zodiac cruises along a glacial shoreline, a guided hike adjacent to a "penguin highway" on the frozen continent, or a guided safari seeking sightings of the rare leopard seal or giant fin whale. Join filmmakers from DisneyNature's Penguins to capture photos of these lovable birds, contribute to Disney Conservation Fund's research by trying your hand at tracking the daily rituals of the local penguins, and later catch the film Penguins that was inspired by this incredible continent. As you embark on the two-day journey back across the Drake Passage to Argentina, participate in a one-of-a-kind cooking class where you will learn how to cook as researchers do in the unique environment of Antarctica. In the evenings, cap the day with a delicious meal and time with the family, or let the kids go off and watch a Disney movie with their friends and Disney Adventure Guides while you and your loved one enjoy a night to yourselves looking up at the Milky Way in a way you've never seen before. 11days/10nights. Winter. Ages 10+.

It seems this trip is round trip from Buenos Aires, with an optional short escape prior to the cruise. They also asked if we'd prefer a stop in Patagonia on the way with one less day in Antarctica.

Galapagos Adventures by Disney Expedition Cruise
Each day a new active and engaging adventure will await. Explore the archipelago's varied islands alongside a team of expert naturalists by foot, kayak, or snorkel. Practice photographing up-close some of the most diverse wildlife on Earth, using the tips and tricks of a DisneyNature film maker. After spending the day snorkeling with the sea turtles, learn how to draw animations of Crush, the turtle from Pixar's Finding Nemo, so you can take these adorable creatures home with you. Guests of all ages will love participating in a scavenger hunt for blue-footed boobies, Darwin's finches, pink flamingos, and other species endemic to the area - with a fun and festive Disney-style celebration each time a different species is spotted. At the end of the day, let your little ones join their friends for an Adventure Guide-hosted Disney karaoke event as you unwind on the tranquil sundeck or have the whole family partake in Moana's stargazing and navigation experience on the main deck. 9 days/9nights. Year round. Ages 6+.

No details on the ships for these cruises. Sounds very exciting and $$$$$$$

I agree that these questions definitely spark more interest (at least for me)! For some reason, I'm just "meh" on the Galapagos, but Antarctica is definitely on my radar. Agree with you it will be big $$$, because comparable trips from other companies are also pricey, and the ABD premium seems inevitable. But at least your description above makes it sound like there could be some unique Disney touches for an Antarctica trip. I would definitely compare any ABD Antarctica itinerary very very carefully against a Nat Geo or other comparable provider, but this is within the realm of possibility to get me to consider another ABD.

So to continue with this rumor of an Antarctica ABD....April is coming up, and on Earth Day Disney is premiering a new movie set in Antarctica. And April has been the month when new ABDs are announced.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter