New AKV Direct Mail piece

bmalonef45

DIS Veteran
Just got it in the mail today in KS. Another Jaw Dropper from DVC. If I wasn't in the advertising business and didn't appreciate good design so much I may be miffed because they spend so much on these but they are very cool. Probably won't buy there because of it but it sure makes it look like a great resort. I can't imagine what they will put out when the do the DVC at the CR. I'm sure it will have something to do with a monorail pop-up etc...

Keep up the good work DVC!

Just got it in the mail today in KS. Another Jaw Dropper from DVC. If I wasn't in the advertising business and didn't appreciate good design so much I may be miffed because they spend so much on these but they are very cool. Probably won't buy there because of it but it sure makes it look like a great resort. I can't imagine what they will put out when the do the DVC at the CR. I'm sure it will have something to do with a monorail pop-up etc...

Keep up the good work DVC!

No reason to get too miffed about how much DVC spent. The marketing budget is completely separate from members fees, and paid for directly by DVD (Disney Vacation Developement). I am looking forward to seeing it.

I still haven't played the DVD but the whole package is beautiful, I think.

Is this something different from the AKV promo they sent awhile back - it had animals cut out of it - the details were amazing.

Should I be looking in the mailbox for something special??

Is this something different from the AKV promo they sent awhile back - it had animals cut out of it - the details were amazing.

Should I be looking in the mailbox for something special??

It is different. It is about 7.5 x 12" and has a very neat unfolding layout. Besides the DVD, there are two booklets. One is "A Village Alive with the Spirit of hte Savanna," and the other is "Share the Magic with family & friends." The first has detailed drawings of the water play area and the large map of AKL/AKV. It also has room layouts of the Kidani Village villas and a points chart.

I finally played part of the DVD. It has many sections but I only watched the one about AKV. Very interesting. There were a couple of quick shots of architectural drawings that appear to show either a walkway or enclosed area linking AKL and AKV. And the head of architecture for WDI explains that the design of AKV mimics the horns of the Cape Buffalo...how cool is that! I love little details like that.:thumbsup2

There is another section that is listed as a tour of AKV but I'm saving that as it is some 40 minutes long.

:mad: I didn't get one! Well, maybe tomorrow! Unless, because I am already an owner there they won't send one..?.?.?:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter