New Cruiser Late or Early Seating

disneyrett

Earning My Ears
We will be cruising Oct 19th 2003 and we are on the wait list for early seating. DH really wants the eary seating. Early or Late it doesn't make a difference to me. We are cruising with our four year old son. He is a night owl so, I don't believe the late seating will be a problem for him!

So, my question is has anyone been on the wait list for early seating and got the early seating??
And, what are the pro's and con's for early and late seating?
Which is better???

Also, I have notice noone cruising on Oct 19!!! Is anyone cruising that week????

Thanks!!!

On our cruise in July, we chose the late dinner seating. We figured that we didn't want to 'rush' to get ready for dinner on days we were on excursions, that we could snack all day long if we were hungry, and that we would just enjoy ourselves more if we 'took our time' to go to dinner.

I was a little concerned about my 5 year old son and the late seating; however, he NEVER ate dinner with us! It was HIS choice. He wanted to be at the Oceaneer Club all of the time. If your child is there during meal times, they take them. One late afternoon, we missed the Club's time for taking them to dinner, so my son asked for a burger from the snack bar near the Mickey Pool. We asked everyday if he would join us for dinner, and he always said, "no, I want to go to the Club!".

We have booked late seating for our next cruise as we enjoyed it so much in July...:cool:

Bobbi

When we sailed on the Wonder in Jan, we were also waitlisted for first seating. I just went down to the club where youcan make changes and they changed it, no problem. There were only 3 of us, that may have been why it was so easy. I'm sure with a large group, it would be more difficult to accomodate any changes.

The early seating was more for my Mother than my daughter, 6. Mom usually poops out about 8PM, so lae seating would have been too late!

Good Luck,

Ursula

We are on the 10/25/03 Magic cruise and were waitlisted for early dining and got it. The only reason we wanted early dining was for my mother in law. On our last cruise we had late dining and that was fine.

Once we got the late seating. We went to the appointed spot on the ship for dining changes (Sessions??) and it was not a problem, changed to early. I wouldn't worry about it!

we prefer late seating b/c it's less crowded, less hurried....then again, DS, 7 is in Oceaneers at that time, and DS, 2, in Flounders...

We were also wait listed for the early seating and at about 75 out from our cruise we were changed. It seems that is about the time people start to cancel since payment in full is due 60 days out.

We're down for the main dining (again)
When I cruised NCL 12/01 it was freestyle dining - anywhere/anytime and we usually ate about 6pm anyways

BobbiMom3,
Where do they take your children for dinner when they are in the clubs? I would love to try Palo but feel bad about leaving kids in clubs. What time do they take them if you have the late seating, which we do. By the way, is anyone cruising October 9th? Thanks!

The children ate in Topsiders. I can't remember exactly what time they asked us to have our children at the Oceaneer Club if we wanted them to eat with the other children... it will be on your Oceaneer Club Navigator. If my mommy brain is functioning:confused: correctly, I believe they ate around 5:30.

My son loved eating with his new friends on the "Mickey cruise"!:D

Bobbi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter