New DDP 2018 Changes! Post your actual experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had lunch at Brown Derby and all cocktails and beers were included. Most wines were included up to $21. Flights were not included. Since we were using the DxDDP to pay for the Fantasmic Dinner Package, we were also allowed a soft drink.

At Yak and Yeti and STK all cocktails and beers were included (I did not check the wine list in those places).

Was an app included with the fantasmic package on the dxddp?

Was an app included with the fantasmic package on the dxddp?

Yes, appetizer, main course and dessert. For dessert we were offered two mini versions each (the grapefruit cake and the banana toffee cake).

She also offered us a soft drink, in addition to the alcoholic beverages we ordered, because we were using the DxDDP and the Fantasmic Dinner Package together.

Has anyone had experience at the buffets and alcohol? I'm particularly interested in what you can get at Biergarten. They have those flights of beer as well as the big liter.

We didn't eat at Biergarten, but we did eat at Boma. Nearly everything was included. I believe only the flights (and bottles of wine, obviously) were excluded.

At Disney now this is the third table service restaurant to tell us the kids couldn't get smoothies included? Currently at San Angel and same thing! Anybody know? I'm sorry I can't read all the posts

At Disney now this is the third table service restaurant to tell us the kids couldn't get smoothies included? Currently at San Angel and same thing! Anybody know? I'm sorry I can't read all the posts

This seems to be the trend for TS restaurants with the new policy. They are following the "kid's must order from the kid's menu" and the kid's menu only includes a regular drink.

I'm contemplating upgrading to the DDP from the QSDP if free dining comes out, since we have a few TS meals planned it makes sense for us. My question is, DD is considered a disney adult (11) but is crazy picky and will probably order from the kids menu, maybe adult but i'm not sure. If she does order from the kids menu with the adult credit will she be able to get a shake or smoothie? I ask because even though she orders from the kids menu, she's an "adult"

I'm contemplating upgrading to the DDP from the QSDP if free dining comes out, since we have a few TS meals planned it makes sense for us. My question is, DD is considered a disney adult (11) but is crazy picky and will probably order from the kids menu, maybe adult but i'm not sure. If she does order from the kids menu with the adult credit will she be able to get a shake or smoothie? I ask because even though she orders from the kids menu, she's an "adult"

Not a direct experience answer with the new DDP but in the past my daughter has been offered and adult-sized portion of a kids' menu item (she loves Mac and cheese especially). So they may do that for you and I would think that she would be able to get a non-alcoholic adult drink

Not a direct experience answer with the new DDP but in the past my daughter has been offered and adult-sized portion of a kids' menu item (she loves Mac and cheese especially). So they may do that for you and I would think that she would be able to get a non-alcoholic adult drink

Thank you :)

Has anyone tried the walk up window at via Napoli or the Refreshment Port (stow away Mary?!)

Last edited:
Has anyone tried the walk up window at via Napoli or the Refreshment Port (stay away Mary?!)

The pizza window is only open during the VERY busiest times of the year, so won't see any reports until at least Easter. And in case you're wondering, it's NOT Via Napoli pizza; it's just regular WDW premade QS pizza.

The pizza window is only open during the VERY busiest times of the year, so won't see any reports until at least Easter. And in case you're wondering, it's NOT Via Napoli pizza; it's just regular WDW premade QS pizza.

Oh thanks, didn't realize it was seasonal! Last time we got pizza from there it was a delicious square pizza so I'm hoping we can snag some slices with a bellini :)

Has anyone been to kona or Ohana recently and been able to get a Lapu lapu on the dining plan? In a pineapple or a glass?

Is beer or wine at F&G booths covered if you use QS credit for that and 2 snacks? Also, several restaurants say "no dining plans accepted" on the MDE site, but some people are saying they were able to use snack credits. I'm specifically interested in Sleepy Hollow, Gaston's Tavern and Storybook treats.

several restaurants say "no dining plans accepted" on the MDE site, but some people are saying they were able to use snack credits. I'm specifically interested in Sleepy Hollow, Gaston's Tavern and Storybook treats.
It means you can not use a meal credit here, you can still use snack credits. You can look at menus on Allears to see where those places have snakc credits. http://allears.net/dining/menu/gastons-tavern/all-day http://allears.net/dining/menu/storybook-treats/snacks http://allears.net/dining/menu/sleepy-hollow/all-day

Is beer or wine at F&G booths covered if you use QS credit for that and 2 snacks? Also, several restaurants say "no dining plans accepted" on the MDE site, but some people are saying they were able to use snack credits. I'm specifically interested in Sleepy Hollow, Gaston's Tavern and Storybook treats.

We really don't have an answer to this since this is the first year alcohol is included, but in the past, you've been able to get 3 snacks with 1 QS credit. BUT, the items you get must have the snack symbol next to them. NONE of the alcohol has that symbol, so the chances are pretty slim you'll be able to do so.

As PP said, you can use snack credits at the three you have listed, but not everything on the menu is a snack credit. Look for the purple logo.

I used a quick service at sleepy hollow and was able to trade the drink for a dessert.... The only place I couldn't trade the drink for a dessert was the quick service place in Pandora

I noticed this report by a Diser who got a lapu lapu in a glass from Ohana that was included on DDP and thought I would share her post. Apologies if this is not permitted in this thread!

Just got back from the Poly for our first stay as a family of 5. Have stayed at the GF in the past, but i think we've officially converted to poly people. Loved it! Had a third floor tp view room in tuvalu. fantastic! had a great view of the castle, fireworks, and the electrical water pageant. both pools were amazing. the splash pad was down while we were there though. breakfast at ohana was great. and we especially like the fact that you can order an alcoholic drink and take it to go at breakfast there using the ddp. just ask your server and they'll bring you the breakfast cocktails menu. side note, you can get the lapu lapu on the ddp if you order it as the lapu lapu refill.

getting ready for a quick spring break trip to the cabins at fw for the first time, but can't wait to be back at the Poly in December for Christmas. Here's the view from our room in Tuvalu.
View attachment 306159

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!