New DDP 2018 Changes! Post your actual experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just returned from a week at WDW and man, ready to go back!!! Here is a breakdown of the meals my DH and I had while using the DxDP:

1. 1900 Park Fare – Breakfast Buffet: DH had a mimosa with his buffet. We did have to ask about additional beverages, but they were happy to provide once we asked. 1 Credit per person.

2. Morimoto Asia – Dinner: DH and I both had Sake Sangria – yummy! Our server was great at breaking down what our options were for appetizers vs entrees. Appetizers can be one sushi roll, one small plate, one dim sum, one of the soup/salad options or even one of the vegetable side dishes they have. Entrees could be two sushi rolls, a meat/poultry dish, a noodle/rice dish or a fish dish. Wagyu was available for additional charges. DH did lettuce wraps as appetizer and the seafood crispy Shanghai noodles as his entrée. I chose the poke salad as my appetizer and the Mongolian filet mignon as my entrée. Everything was DELICIOUS. 2 Credits per person.

3. Cape May – Breakfast Buffet: DH had a mimosa with his buffet. 1 Credit per person.

4. Hollywood Brown Derby – Lunch: DH had a beer, I had a blueberry mojito. Menu was very straightforward with what your options were. For appetizers we chose the We both had the Cobb Salad for our entrees and were allowed to both add the grilled shrimp to our salads with no extra charge. 2 Credits per person.

5. Rosie’s All American Café – DH had a beer, I had a large Coke. DH had a cheeseburger and fries, I had chicken nuggets and fries. 1 Credit per person.

6. Cinderella’s Royal Table – Breakfast: DH had a mimosa, I had a bellini. Because of the service style, you automatically get a plate of pastry/danish as your appetizer. I do not recall a dessert… 2 Credits per person.

7. Skipper Canteen – Lunch: DH had a beer, I had the Schweitzer slush (not in a collectible cup). Appetizers we chose were SEA Shu Mai (I’d pass on these in the future) and the Oinoco Ida’s Cachapas (delicious!). Entrees we chose were the steak salad (he LOVED this) and the sustainable fish (Cobia that day, so good!). DH had the Quicksand as his dessert and I had the Kungaloosh! 1 Credit per person.

8. Be Our Guest – Dinner: DH and I both had a glass of wine. DH had escargot and I had the assorted meats and cheese selection. Entrees, DH had the filet and I had the pork tenderloin. Dessert trio is for everyone, so no choices there. This meal was not bad, but not great. One and done to meet the Beast and see the inside. 2 Credits per person.

9. Coral Reef – Lunch: DH had a beer, I had Coke. Appetizers were calamari and jumbo shrimp cocktail. Really good! DH got the chef’s special as his entrée (stuffed whole lobster) that was outrageously good. I had the Mahi Mahi – eh. Ok. Desserts were the chocolate wave and the Bailey’s and Jack Daniels’ Mousse. 1 Credit per person.

10. Biergarten – Dinner: Our server was kind enough to give my beer to my DH so he could get the big liter of beer in the giant glass. Soda is included with the buffet, so I was able to get a coke as well. 1 Credit per person.

11. Monsieur Paul – Dinner: We both had a glass of wine. DH had escargot and I had the suckling pig terrine for appetizers. For our entrees, DH got the black sea bass and I had the beef tenderloin. Both were amazing. For dessert, DH got the chocolate almond cake and I got the chocolate sphere. SO GOOD. Monsieur Paul does have two options for prix fixe menus. These are eligible for the dining plans with additional charges. The first is for your credits plus $79 per person and the second is for your credits plus $119 per person. Ordering off the regular menu is 2 Credits per person.

12. Boathouse – Dinner: We really had a great server here that explained everything to us very thoroughly. This was probably where I had the most questions going in re: what can be an appetizer/entrée. Appetizers could be: Raw Bar items (if choosing oysters or shrimp, you can select 4) except for the caviar, any of their salads or items under the Launch section. I chose the lobster cocktail (epic!!!) and DH chose 4 oysters on the half shell. Entrée choices can be anything under Fish Features, Sea & Shore, Dock Side Buckets, Sandwiches or Steaks, Chops & Provisions. DH chose the 12 oz filet Oscar-style and I chose the scallop dish. For dessert, DH chose the key lime pie in a mason jar and I chose the double chocolate bundt cake. AMAZING meal. 2 Credits per person.

13. Trail’s End – Brunch: This was honestly the worst meal all week. The buffet seemed dirty, the line was always long, the food kept running out, the cast members were short. Our server did not offer any beverages to us – and only asked “what do you want to drink?” when she came to our table. I asked what they had and she said coke products or juice. If they have alcohol, it was not offered to us. 1 Credit per person.

14. Yachtsman Steakhouse – Dinner: DH and I both had a glass of wine. DH had the jumbo shrimp cocktail and I had the charcuterie board. Both were very good. For entrees, DH had the ribeye and I had the NY strip. The menu was very clearly marked for dining plan do’s and don’t’s. There were options on the menu that were not eligible for dining plans (enhancements, additional sides) or options that were eligible for additional fees (Wagyu beef). For dessert, DH had the Lexington sundae and I had the admirals cake. 2 Credits per person.

I know this is a long post, but hopefully it will be helpful to anyone interested in any of these dining locations. Thanks!!

I know this is a long post, but hopefully it will be helpful to anyone interested in any of these dining locations. Thanks!!

I thoroughly enjoyed your "long post" and appreciate you taking the time to give us all an update.:flower3: I will only be on the regular DDP, but I have been curious about the alcohol options. I don't even have one drink a week in my normal life, BUT I am so excited about the opportunity to have a drink at every meal. I'm sure everyone will think "what a lush". :p

We had the Deluxe Plan as part of a split stay in November. At California Grill brunch, the server said that we could either continue with the unlimited sparkling wine or instead choose the bloody mary bar as the included beverage. Several of our party went for the bloody mary and a few of us stuck with the sparkling wine. We also all had coffee. Everything was included on the dining plan (one bloody mary each, not unlimited). We used the remaining credits at Homecoming and had already ordered drinks before we told the server we had the dining plan but our cocktails were included with no problem. Everything went as expected and all deluxe credits were pooled.

We had the Deluxe Plan as part of a split stay in November. At California Grill brunch, the server said that we could either continue with the unlimited sparkling wine or instead choose the bloody mary bar as the included beverage. Several of our party went for the bloody mary and a few of us stuck with the sparkling wine. We also all had coffee. Everything was included on the dining plan (one bloody mary each, not unlimited). We used the remaining credits at Homecoming and had already ordered drinks before we told the server we had the dining plan but our cocktails were included with no problem. Everything went as expected and all deluxe credits were pooled.

I've seen different reports from Cali Grille brunch. In June, no extra alcoholic drinks included on the deluxe plan, just the unlimited mimosas. Then we went in October again on the deluxe and we got the unlimited mimosas and also 1 additional drink each. My husband got a Bloody Mary and I got a different alcoholic beverage off the drink menu. So it seems like ymmv.

At Cali grill brunch, on the ddp we also got the mimosas as well as an additional alcoholic beverage.

I have read several posts but unable to find answer. Please help.
When using DDP at a Table Service restaurant "Lunch" can you also use a Snack Credit for appetizer or dessert at Chef de France or Be Our Guest?

I have read several posts but unable to find answer. Please help.
When using DDP at a Table Service restaurant "Lunch" can you also use a Snack Credit for appetizer or dessert at Chef de France or Be Our Guest?

I'm not sure I understand your question. You cannot use a snack credit at any table service. But also for lunch, Be Our Guest is counter service. So at lunch at BOG, you can use a snack for a cupcake.

Is Morimoto lunch still 1 credit on the dining plan? What about Tiffins lunch? Is it one or two? And lastly is there anything excluded from the DDP at Raglan Road?

Is Morimoto lunch still 1 credit on the dining plan? What about Tiffins lunch? Is it one or two? And lastly is there anything excluded from the DDP at Raglan Road?

I can't answer Morimoto but Tiffins lunch is 2 credits. We ate at RR and I think everything was included

Morimoto Lunch is still 1 credit, when we ate at Raglan Road we were still on the regular dining plan so I can't answer for appetizers (we did a split stay 4 nights regular, 2 nights deluxe).

Recently returned from a great 12 night trip on DxDD (2 adults, one child (7) with another adult joining us for a few meals in middle of trip). We had no problem sharing child/adult credits. Alcoholic beverages were included anywhere we wanted one, including all breakfast buffets.

At dinner DH and I usually had a second round of drinks and the CM always included the most expensive of the two as the ones covered under the plan. On a couple of occasions, the server included a 3rd alcoholic beverage as included, especially if DD just drank water or basic child beverage. DD was not really into the specialty beverages after the first day or two but she loves dessert and we learned early on, especially at signature restaurants to request a “signature” dessert for her as opposed to ones off the kids menu. And since at most signature restaurants we paid OOP for her, I would ask for the signature kid’s dessert for my meal and give it to her, without any problems. These desserts are often beautiful, interactive (painting with food color) and delicious.

We did a split stay between YC and GF, DxDD at each. I intentionally calculated to have credits carry over from YC to GF because friend joining us at GF for a couple of days. At first there was confusion because credits are not typically supposed to carry over from one hotel stay to another, but if you go from DxDD to DxDD I was told they would. It worked out in the end, but it took a couple people from management at GF to make it happen.

I decided on DxDD because we were going to do several character meals and signature restaurants, we had an adult friend joining for 48 hours and because I was banking on sharing child/adult credits. This was planned as a trip of a lifetime and for that purpose, DxDD was worth it. Below is a break down of where we ate and brief thoughts on each.

Beaches n’ Cream: Delicious. First meal before checking in – paid OOP. No Kitchen Sink for us, way too big.

Cape May Dinner buffet: Ate here because I was looking for something fun but easy for first night. Found service and food to be extremely mediocre and would not go again. In retrospect would have gone to Flying Fish across the way at Boardwalk.

Tony’s Town Square (parade package): Very pleasantly surprised. Food straight forward and delicious (especially the apps, eggplant involtini and veggie fritta misto). Great service. Waited a few minutes longer for table on porch which was well worth it. Would return regardless of whether we needed parade package but seating/standing area was conveniently located directly across the street.

Yachtsmen Steakhouse: DH and I have eaten at some tremendous steakhouses and I would not put this on top tier. That said it was solid. Cheese plate was one of the best I have ever had. Was only place the waitress acted as if she was doing us a favor by putting the two more expensive glasses of wine on the dining plan – this was automatic everywhere else.

Akerhus: Well worth an 8 am reservation if you have a little princess in your group. Food was a nice combination of cold buffet and hot family style table service. Great character interaction and we were within the first 20 people in line for Frozen at 8:50. **Note: If entering Epcot via International Gateway from Epcot hotels for an early morning res, it might look deserted upon arrival but cast members will be there in plenty of time to get you in for your reservation.

Coral Reef: Another very pleasant surprise. I had low expectations and it was some of the best food we ate during the entire trip (one of the best salmon dishes I have ever had and DH said it was some of best shrimp and grits he has ever had). DD loved dining in the company of ocean friends.

Hacienda de san Angel: Great service. Food was solid but did not blow us away. Margaritas were excellent.

Cape May Minnie’s Beach Bash Breakfast: Very glad DD and I did this because it turned out it was the only time she met Minnie. Worth it for that alone. Food was fine – standard breakfast buffet fare.

Boathouse: Lunch after DD’s make-over at Bippity Boppity Boutique in Disney Springs (one of a very few things that I think might actually be solid value for your money in Disney if traveling with a princess-lover, and Memory Maker is worth it for this alone). We loved the atmosphere, service and the food.

Hoop Dee Doo Review: I was not going to book this because I couldn’t imagine it was not unreliably corny and hokey after being around so long (I saw it 30 years ago) but a friend told me it is a Disney must-do so I booked it early and got great seats. It IS corny and hokey - and Fabulous! I completely agree that it is a Disney must and food goes right along with the experience – family style, solid comfort food.

Tusker House Breakfast: Another 8 am reservation that is well worth it. A big step up from typical breakfast buffet fare and a little more exotic, but plenty for the less adventurous eater. Good character interactions and we were out the door and in line for Kilimanjaro Safaris by 8:45.

Chef’s de France: Fun, true French bistro style food. I had delicious beef Bourguignon but over mashed potatoes, not linguine as on menu. DH had the duck, which was superb. One of my favorite waiters of the whole trip.

Prime Time Café: It fell sorely short of my memories when it came to the experience – waiter played the part of “trouble-maker brother” a bit, but did not seem into it. I have memories of the whole restaurant truly becoming a crazy family and it was nothing like that. Very crowded and felt very rushed. Food was fine for what it is. I would do Brown Derby if I had to do it over.

Teppan Edo: Hibachis were fun and food was solid. I switched to this mid-stay from a reservation at Raglan Road. One regret I do have is not doing Raglan Road, either this night or our last night instead of Via Napoli.

Bon Voyage Breakfast at Trattoria al Forno: This was another must do for us because DD’s favorite princess is Rapunzel and this is the only place to guarantee a meeting with her. Was also a bonus to meet Prince Eric and Ryder, as there are not a lot of guy characters at the other “royal” meals. Food is a mix of family style and an a la carte entrée. We found that the food sounded a lot better on the menu (some creative, unique breakfast ideas) than it was actually executed. Still worth it if you have a Rapunzel fan in your group (the CM was also one of the most engaging and interactive characters we encountered, amidst many great encounters).

The Wave: We did not have lunch plans on our transition day from YC to GF so went here on recommendation of friends we had bumped into that raved about the food. The food raves were warranted, everything was excellent, unfortunately there’s no way around the feeling that you are in the basement of the Contemporary from an atmosphere point of view. I did have opportunity to have a drink at the lounge later in the trip and that had a fun night time feel.

O’Hana: Probably our biggest dining disappointment, partially due to our very high expectations based on reviews. Food was just ok and we did not think the atmosphere was all that amazing. With that said, our table was in the back near the kitchen so that could have definitely taken away from the experience, but I took a quick walk through the whole dining area and did not feel it made that much of a difference. If you go, ask for a table near the windows. If I had to do it again though I would do the Luau.

1900 Park Fare Breakfast: Fun, reasonably quick buffet character breakfast with better than standard food. Chance to meet a different group of characters and great photo op with Tigger on the way out.

Cinderella’s Table: The 10 year-old inside of me that never got to go inside the castle walked on air from the moment we walked through the doors. Both DH and I chose the filet and we both agreed it was one of the best pieces of meat we had during the entire trip. DD was in heaven the entire time.

California Grill: Dinner was superb. We actually went here 3 times; dinner, brunch and drinks in the lounge with friends while DD was at the Pixar Experience a few floors down (another option that is actually a good value for the price). We were too full for dessert but the waiter had overheard that our friend was coming in late that night so he suggested he pack up two cheese plates to take back to the hotel as our included desserts. I would not have thought of it and we, as well as our friend, were very appreciative come midnight!

Garden Grill: Probably could have skipped this one considering how many characters we had met by this point, but we wanted to do Soarin’ again and an 8 am res here gets you on it first thing (plus, there is something major to be said for getting into the parks in the morning before everyone else, it is really magical). Food is family style and tasty. Character interactions are plentiful – was fun to meet Chip and Dale. This was the first meal with our adult guest - we paid OOP for DD (which we had been doing at most signature restaurants also) and she used our pooled credits. No problem here or anywhere else.

Biergarten: Crowded. Show was ok. Food is ok. It was a chance for shade, sustenance, and a cold beer on a hot day in Epcot but probably would opt for something else next time (maybe Via Napoli?).

Narcoossee’s: 3 adults ate here while DD was at Pixar Experience. Atmosphere is lovely (not quite as dramatic as CG but up there). This is where my DH and I, who have both lived the majority of our lives on Cape Cod, decided to go for the butter poached lobster on a whim. Our hopes were not high, expecting Caribbean or poorly hidden previously frozen Atlantic lobster. We were quickly taught a lesson in humility. It was amazing. From here on out any chance DH had to have butter poached lobster tail added to his meal he did it (benedict at CG brunch, filet at Tiffins, all included with DxDD). Waiter allowed us to order espresso martinis as our desserts so that was a bonus – we tried to do the same the next night at Jiko and that was a no go. Catching the fireworks is a little tricky. You could see them from our table but could not really hear the music well. Waiter did his best to time our entrees to come after but it did not really work out and by the time we tried to head to the porch it was filled to capacity and we would have had to go over to the dock. If seeing fireworks from the deck here is a main reason why you made the res, then definitely try to get a 7:30-7:45 res for a 9 pm fireworks show and either head for deck for 8:45, after dessert or ask CM to hold your dessert. **We were there on a Saturday so perhaps more crowded than other days.

California Grill Brunch: I did not initially make a brunch res here since we had a dinner one, but the same friend who said HDDR was a must said brunch and dinner are completely different experiences and both are worth it. She was absolutely correct. My only regret was not doing it earlier in the trip when we were not so overloaded with gluttony. We were told we could enjoy the unlimited mimosas and have an additional alcoholic beverage included with our meal, including the Bloody Mary bar which is what DH chose (others have said they were given the choice of unlimited mimosas OR the included beverage). If you go to brunch go HUNGRY. Tremendous buffet offerings – spread out in stations so you do not feel like you are going down a conveyer line – and an a la carte entrée. You could spend 3 hours here if you have the time.

Jiko: Up there with the best meals we had, but probably not for the less adventurous. Still dreaming of the flavors in the bread and dip appetizer. Lamb tagine, elk loin and Koki Corn dish were all big hits. This is one of the places that DD had a “signature” dessert where she got to paint her food before eating it – super fun.

Tiffins: If we didn’t have as many credits left at this point (looking back probably could have paid less OOP for DD) I could have skipped this one. We had been eating a lot and it was a lunch reservation after a long hot morning in AK. That being said, food was excellently executed. Service was a little over the top to the point of uncomfortable though. The Nomad lounge looked really cool. I would probably do an OOP meal there next time since I do not believe they are on the dining plan.

Be Our Guest: Atmosphere outside and inside the castle is really cool. They just turned into a signature restaurant a few months ago and I think they are still working out some tweaks that would make the food truly deserving. Meal at Cinderella’s table was hands down better – both food and character wise. But photo op with the Beast after dinner was a good one. Regardless of where you sit (I recommend the West Wing as Rose Gallery is dark and ballroom is large and crowded) definitely walk around all three rooms as each are exquisite.

Grand Floridian Café: Had an early breakfast here before heading to Typhoon Lagoon. Even if you decide to go last minute, do make a reservation, as they get surprisingly crowded for breakfast and lunch and a reservation will help you move up the list. We had breakfast here twice. Very good a la carte options. First time was excruciatingly slow but second time was a normal pace.

Beaches Poolside: Easy poolside lunch to allow for plenty of last day swimming. Lobster sliders and crab cake sandwich were surprisingly good. DD had lots of fun side options to go along with her chicken nuggets.

Via Napoli: As stated above, I sort of wish we had done Raglan Road instead, but it was fun to be in Epcot for our last night. Atmosphere was fun and lively, service attentive and they do make a darn good pizza. Waiter had no problem with myself and DH each ordering an app and individual pizzas and just using credits for our meals while DD shared our pizza.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!