New Details on Universal’s Two New Hotels

embracejg

Mouseketeer
Two hotels coming to the former Wet n' Wild property: http://universal.wdwinfo.com/news/new-details-on-universals-two-new-hotels/

I appreciate the focus on more value-priced suites, which seemed to be in high demand much like they were at WDW before Art of Animation opened.

I'm a tad worried about no mention of a table service option--which I'd want being farther removed from CityWalk, though I understand they're not offered at similarly priced resorts--and the bland look of the rendering. CBBR shows value resorts don't have to sacrifice on theme.

Thoughts?

I don't know, the theme with the palm trees and green around the resort look nice. Plus, easy bus ride to CityWalk and the parks. I like the idea of cheaper family suites. Depending on the time of year, bigger rooms at a lower price point would be very welcome. Plus, at that location, there are so many other not Universal restaurants and even a mini golf within walking distance.

Exciting that Universal is building more hotels as hoping that means more rides and another full park.

I agree on the bland look. Hopefully there are a lot of theming details that get added in design phase.

I still secretly hope for a Harry Potter hotel with 4 towers for the different houses. Maybe hotel number 9.

Hit enter too soon- I do hope this means EE will be ex ended to both parks and will include more than HP rides. Eight hotels will be a lot of people funneling in to just a few rides if it doesn’t change.

The previous poster hit my concern. With another 2,800 rooms, that's a LOT more people at early entry! It will be so crowded that I'm wondering if it will continue to be of any use?

This is making me more and more glad that we always stay at a hotel with unlimited express pass...

The previous poster hit my concern. With another 2,800 rooms, that's a LOT more people at early entry! It will be so crowded that I'm wondering if it will continue to be of any use?

This is making me more and more glad that we always stay at a hotel with unlimited express pass...

My guess is they will stop selling the packages with early entry to the offsite hotels. The number of people with early entry will probably be close to the same.

The early entry to HP also isn't the perk it used to be since Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade aren't going to fill to capacity. That used to save hours of waiting just to get into those sections.

I would agree, expand early entry to an entire park. There needs to be some perk for on-site guests other than location and bus service.

I still secretly hope for a Harry Potter hotel with 4 towers for the different houses. Maybe hotel number 9.

This is a great idea! The only issue might be Rowling. And when Comcast sees Disney getting $1000 per night for the Star Wars hotel next year, they will be wanting the same.

Agree about the Rowling issue for a hotel. Have read repots from people and workers that they have very stringent restrictions on making the HP areas very immersive and true to the books as possible and get in trouble if something is amiss in anyway. Don't see a hotel working with these restrictions. People woudl want a Hogwats hotel with the dormitories but it woudl be nothing like the castle in the books so don't see them allowing it.

Agree about the Rowling issue for a hotel. Have read repots from people and workers that they have very stringent restrictions on making the HP areas very immersive and true to the books as possible and get in trouble if something is amiss in anyway. Don't see a hotel working with these restrictions. People woudl want a Hogwats hotel with the dormitories but it woudl be nothing like the castle in the books so don't see them allowing it.

And I'd argue that's a good thing. Rowling being so involved and insistent on staying true to the books was a big plus to both the films and the parks, not a hindrance. If it can't work, then so be it.

Don't disagree with that at all. The park areas are fantastic. They coudl defintiely do something with one of their own properties but don't think it's really needed either. Could do a general theme hotel if they want but done'st have to be to a specific fanchise

They also can afford to wait before building such an immersive hotel. The Star Wars hotel is years away from opening, and Universal needs to build up hotel capacity for a larger segment of guests--not focus on the few customers who will pay $600, $700, $800 per night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter