New DVC Pins with Figment at Epcot

Figment56

DIS Veteran-Imagination, Imagination, a dream can
Is there anyone at DisneyWorld now that would be willing to buy the two pins for me now? I will gladly pay whatever it costs for shipping, etc. You could just let me know how to pay you. I loooove Figment and know there will not be any left in a month. I have never done this before, but Figment is very important to me. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! PM me if you are willing! If I wait for them to go on Ebay, they will cost twice as much!

My DVC Newsletter email thing says you can ring mail order and do it over the phone :)

I belive you have to fax a copy of your membership number to them, I will post the info if I can find it :)

Here you go:

New pin sparked by imagination
Two tiny wings. Eyes big and yellow. Horns of a steer. But a lovable fellow. From head to tail, he's royal purple pigment. And there, voila, you've got a Figment!

If you remember that classic song, you know it takes a lot of imagination to conjure up this curious Epcot character. But now there's another way to bring the little guy home — a new Member-exclusive pin debuting on Nov. 5.

Priced at $10.95 each and limited to an edition of 5,000 pieces, the pin (pictured here) will be available while supplies last at merchandise shops at every Disney Vacation Club Resort, as well as Uptown Jewelers at the Magic Kingdom® Park, Pin Central at Epcot, Sorcerer's Hat at the Disney-MGM Studios, Island Mercantile at Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park and Disney's Pin Traders at Downtown Disney® Marketplace.

Simply present your Disney Vacation Club Member ID at a participating shop and request the pin.

Members also may purchase these pins through Walt Disney World Mail Order while supplies last. To order, call (407) 363-6200 or send an e-mail message to wdw.mail.order@disneyworld.com. Be sure to fax a copy of your valid Disney Vacation Club Member ID Card to (407) 352-6369, attn: Kathy. All mail-order sales are final.

All purchases are limited to two pins per person each day.

Unfortunately, I called and was told I have to wait the month to order over the phone or fax. You have to be at WDW now in order to buy! So, I will have to wait until December!

Oh I am sorry to hear that. They don't make that clear on the newsletter, do they?

Good luck! I really like Figment too :)

Unfortunately, I called and was told I have to wait the month to order over the phone or fax. You have to be at WDW now in order to buy! So, I will have to wait until December!

Odd, I just called and placed the order, and the rep did give me a different number to Fax the membership card to, it IS still attention Kathy, and I had to put the order confirmation number in the Fax. Why would you need to wait for a month, if they are limited supply, with a limit of two per order?

BTW, The receiving Disney Fax machine does not support color.

No, they don't. As DVC members, we should have the same access as members at DW or WDW. I don't know why they make us wait a month if we are not there. It doesn't seem fair.

Figment56 said:
Oh, BTW-I don't have a fax machine.

Do you have a Fax modem in your computer, along with a way to scan your card?

I guess I do have fax on computer, but we have no scanner, so it wouldn't help anyway. Thanks for trying to help though.

I don't know about the USA but we have copy shops here in the UK that will fax things for you for like 10p (20c)

Is it worth another call to the number that Chuck had, to see if you get a different response?

Actually, it was the regular WDW mail order number I called...407-363-6200 just like listed in the Clubhouse email, I placed the order and got the order confirmation number, then the rep gave me the fax number to fax the DVC Membership card to...like I said, it was still ATTN: Kathy, just a different fax line...I imagine WDW mail order just has more than 1 fax line.

I'm sure if you would change your title to "Anyone going to WDW in November?", you might get the attention of someone who could help you out. I did that last month for the Epcot F&W pin with Minnie and Pluto. In fact, several generous DVCers offered to pick up the pin for me. I received the pin a couple of weeks ago. They are also selling them on ebay for 18.95 I think (plus s&h), if all else fails.

The policy this year has been that you can only order mail order after one month has passed since the pin's release. Based on past experience, I would expect there will still be pins left a month from now. 5000 pins is actually a fairly large edition as Disney pins go. I have gotten all the previous pins after the 30 day mark. Could be different this time, and the rules may be different, but in the past it hasn't been a problem.

The thirty day wait time is for all LE pins not just DVC. For a long time, you couldn't buy LE pins over the phone, period. About a year (maybe a bit longer) they changed it to the 30 days.

Considering the fact they have LE 1,000 pins still on the racks, I have no doubt the Figment will still be there in a month.

Cyn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter