New functionality to modify existing reservations coming to member website

aoconnor

WDW Nut
It was announced at the member meeting today that online enhancements will allow for modification of existing reservations on computer, tablet or smartphone. DVC News' liveblog said it's coming in 2018 while another DVC news site quoted Potrock saying "later this year".

Could potentially have a big impact on walking. Many don't care to put in the effort to call every day, but if it's just a matter of a few clicks every morning...

Last edited:
Everyone will walk. Want that Boardwalk in October ? You'll need to be walking.

I wish that Disney would fix what they have first before adding more. Magic website doesn't work, MDE website isn't matching MDE on the phone, In room TV park hours for MK were incorrect and the existing DVC booking website crashes often. :sad2:

:earsboy: Bill

I would really love the ability to replace one reservation with a new one a seven months without using the ridiculous two browser sketchy method, but I doubt that’s what they mean by modify a reservation.

For non walkers modifying a reservation could be really helpful for picking up a reservation one night at a time via stalking.

I would really love the ability to replace one reservation with a new one a seven months without using the ridiculous two browser sketchy method, but I doubt that’s what they mean by modify a reservation.

For non walkers modifying a reservation could be really helpful for picking up a reservation one night at a time via stalking.

Oh I agree- the functionality to modify a reservation online is absolutely something that should exist in 2017. It has plenty of legitimate uses/benefits.

I just wonder if this will have an unintended consequence of increasing walking, which frankly isn’t needed most times of years for most room types but people end up doing unessecarily, which impacts other members.

Last edited:

Oh I agree- the functionality to modify a reservation online is absolutely something that should exist in 2017. It has plenty of legitimate uses/benefits.

I just wonder if this will have an unintended consequence of increasing walking, which frankly isn’t needed most times of years for most room types but people end up doing unessecarily, which impacts other members.

The practice can get banned if it becomes widespread, so the fear of this shouldn't deter implementation of online reservation modification if DVD has the means to do so.

LAX

I recently booked a cash room to arrive two nights prior to my scheduled DVC booking. I later decided I wanted to come in just a single night before. I noticed on the disneyworld website there was a modify reservation feature next to my confirmed reservation, so I clicked on it to see what would happen. I realized very quickly that it does not let you drop or add dates. It simply lets you search for a "new room" pending inventory availability while holding the other room. In my case, there were no more of the room-type I had already booked. So, this may not actually help for those who need to simply trim off a day here and there. Seemed like a 'cancel and rebook' type situation where they are simply holding the existing reservation. Not sure if the DVC website will be similar, but figured I would share my experience since I just attempted this yesterday. I had to call CRO to take off the day anyway....

I personally do not believe the planned modifications will do much to facilitate switching at 7 months (or walking at 11 months) if one needs to use the same points for the new reservation. This can get very complicated when dealing with multiple contracts, holding points, reservation points, banked points, borrowed points, transferred points, OTU points, and etc. If the new software does end up support reuse of points without losing the original reservation, I do not expect it to include all possible permutations so some members will end up disappointed with the change and feel it disadvantages them.

I'm expecting features more like the ability to add/change guest information or add requests.

I recently booked a cash room to arrive two nights prior to my scheduled DVC booking. I later decided I wanted to come in just a single night before. I noticed on the disneyworld website there was a modify reservation feature next to my confirmed reservation, so I clicked on it to see what would happen. I realized very quickly that it does not let you drop or add dates. It simply lets you search for a "new room" pending inventory availability while holding the other room. In my case, there were no more of the room-type I had already booked. So, this may not actually help for those who need to simply trim off a day here and there. Seemed like a 'cancel and rebook' type situation where they are simply holding the existing reservation. Not sure if the DVC website will be similar, but figured I would share my experience since I just attempted this yesterday. I had to call CRO to take off the day anyway....
Interesting. The new option to modify ADR’s seems to take into account the one that you already have so that you can add or remove people from the reservation. I’m surprised the room function doesn’t work the same way.

Interesting. The new option to modify ADR’s seems to take into account the one that you already have so that you can add or remove people from the reservation. I’m surprised the room function doesn’t work the same way.

I'm wondering if it's because an ADR is more of a theorhetical resource than an actual resource. They can probably say "Ok we have N seats at X:XX that we can fill" in regards to ADRs. Any person can grab from that allotment until it's completely full. As you know, that customer will occupy that seat for an hour or two then another person can take the seat. If you go a little over that amount, you can just let them wait a bit longer or not open up the booking again if you overbooked. Even day-of changes won't impact things greatly. But maximizing rooms is a greater challenge, especially since they're aiming for full occupancy.

I'm wondering if it's because an ADR is more of a theorhetical resource than an actual resource. They can probably say "Ok we have N seats at X:XX that we can fill" in regards to ADRs. Any person can grab from that allotment until it's completely full. As you know, that customer will occupy that seat for an hour or two then another person can take the seat. If you go a little over that amount, you can just let them wait a bit longer or not open up the booking again if you overbooked. Even day-of changes won't impact things greatly. But maximizing rooms is a greater challenge, especially since they're aiming for full occupancy.
It should be really simple. Search inventory + current reservation.

I looked the other day for a Little Mermaid room at AoA for I think October 7-8 and none were available, but when I put in October 7-11, why yes, they were available. Wouldn't let me have one for just one night.

I looked the other day for a Little Mermaid room at AoA for I think October 7-8 and none were available, but when I put in October 7-11, why yes, they were available. Wouldn't let me have one for just one night.

Almost all hotels do that. Otherwise a popular night could get fully booked, effectively blocking longer term guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter