New Harry Potter ride just announced

i get the message 502, bad code when i clicked on the link

so give us the highlights please

Ride coming in 2019. Dragon Challenge will close on Monday, September 4.

And a little copy and paste:

• This all-new thrill ride will take you deeper into J.K. Rowling’s Wizarding World, where you will encounter some of your favorite characters and creatures. It’ll be unlike anything we’ve ever done before and it will be fun for the entire family.
  • The new attraction will be one of the most highly-themed coaster experiences we’ve created. It will combine a new level of storytelling with an action-packed adventure…and a few surprises along the way.
  • Our award-winning Universal Creative team is once again collaborating with Warner Bros. and the production design team from the Harry Potter films to bring this new coaster experience to life.
  • This ride is going to redefine the category and transport you to thrilling places, drawing you into even more exciting adventures within the wizarding world. It’s going to be the perfect addition to Hogsmeade.

Big news for sure, I knew it had been a rumor but wasn't sure its legitimacy.

Dragon challenge takes up a bunch of land, I wonder if there is more to this than just a new ride. Maybe a forbidden forrest area as well?

Lots to speculate on now but will be interesting to see!

I'm a little annoyed at the short notice! We are heading to Orlando in September, a week after the Dragon Challenge will be closing. So I will never have a chance to ride it! I guess the upside is it will already closed before we arrive; if it would still be open during our first couple days then I would probably need to manipulate my entire itinerary all over again!

I'm looking forward to something new, as that particular coaster (especially the red side) is a bit much for me.

I wonder if it will be something to do with the new Fantastic Beasts series of movies?

I had a feeling this rumor was of more significance than other rumors, especially considering rumors about it closing and being replaced by something over the years have been swirling sometime now. However, unlike the other times, there was suggestions of what it could be. I think last time I was on here someone suggested a dark ride, with roller coaster elements? Someone posted the "How to Train Your Dragon" ride on here and made the suggestion it could be something like that?

I am planning a February trip to Universal. (I've never been been before and have no idea what it's actually like there.) The major appeal to me was the Harry Potter stuff. With this ride now closed, should I wait and go after 2019? Or is there enough HP to not really miss this?

I am planning a February trip to Universal. (I've never been been before and have no idea what it's actually like there.) The major appeal to me was the Harry Potter stuff. With this ride now closed, should I wait and go after 2019? Or is there enough HP to not really miss this?

I never connected Dragon Challenge with Potter ever, it was always Duelling Dragons to me.......

So no, don't wait......there's plenty of Potter stuff to see right now and it is fabulous in both parks. You won't miss this as a Potter attraction.

My family won't be happy, that was their favourite ride! We go in November :sad1:

Yep, we really love this ride and will miss it regardless of the fact it hasn't duelled in a long time.

It was such a fun coaster.......

One more closure for our 2018 Orlando vacation. I am looking forward to the new attraction and very curious but patience is not my strong suit right now.

While I"m sure its upsetting, if we end up going next year, my son likely wasn't going to be tall enough for this or Hulk so it makes me feel better if we go that there is only one ride he's missing out on. Plus one less ride for me to have to ride myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts