New Images of Coronado Rooms ?

I don't understand the new "no bedspread" look. The first time I saw a picture I actually thought the room was unfinished and it just hadn't been added yet. If I walked into a room like that my first thought would be, "Who took the bedspreads? Did they forget them? Are they in the closet?" I'd be terrified of even sitting on the bed for fear of getting it dirty.

I'll admit I don't care for the lack of theming or the non-carpeted floors either. Looks institutional to me. Put it all together and it's almost like a hospital room. No warmth at all.

Yeah, guess I don't like much about it. I would probably consider passing on this resort.

So, I noticed that many (if not all?) of the resorts now have this "no bedspread" look. What exactly is the white covering on the bed? Is it a white bedspread? Are the beds actually lacking bedspreads and it's just a sheet? Do the beds have blankets?

We stayed here beginning of June in a new room in Ranchos. The room and bathroom felt HUGE compared to the room we stayed in at Wilderness Lodge last visit. The TV is also very large. There are small Disney touches like the artwork on the walls are characters from Three Caballeros. Also the beds were extremely comfortable.

Are there any plans to add a trundle with this new reno? I like the theme of the Coronado, but my kids like to each have their own bed, and an inflatable mattress has not been a good solution for us.

Are there any plans to add a trundle with this new reno? I like the theme of the Coronado, but my kids like to each have their own bed, and an inflatable mattress has not been a good solution for us.
No. I don't think a Disney resort room has ever really had a trundle.

No. I don't think a Disney resort room has ever really had a trundle.
Well, I don't know what to call it, but I'm referring to the "extra" bed that the rooms that sleep 5 in POR and CBR have - smaller than a twin bed, but anyone who is 5 foot or less should be able to sleep in.

EDIT: Found what it is officially called - Extra pull-down Murphy bed (child sized, approx. 63" x 30").

Any plans to add this to any of the rooms at Coronado? Or will they remain as sleeping only 4?

Well, I don't know what to call it, but I'm referring to the "extra" bed that the rooms that sleep 5 in POR and CBR have - smaller than a twin bed, but anyone who is 5 foot or less should be able to sleep in.

EDIT: Found what it is officially called - Extra pull-down Murphy bed (child sized, approx. 63" x 30").

Any plans to add this to any of the rooms at Coronado? Or will they remain as sleeping only 4?
I believe these are staying 4. CBR and POR have room for 5 though.

I'm still concerned about noise. All of that cloth (carpet, bedspread and so on) helped with that I imagine. I'm looking forward to lots of reviews.

I'm still concerned about noise. All of that cloth (carpet, bedspread and so on) helped with that I imagine. I'm looking forward to lots of reviews.

Yup, noise would be my number one concern. We haven't ever actually STAYED at pop. But visited friends who were staying there a couple times, and have had family members stay there. That was the one thing I noticed when we visited (beyond how much smaller the room / beds felt) was the noise level between rooms, and its the one thing my family complained about when they stated there. Unless they have done something under the flooring, or in the room, the laws of physics basically ensure its going to be louder with less soft goods to absorb the sound waves, or to cushion foot falls. CSR we have actually stayed at, indeed its the place we fell in love with Disney at, and while noise wasn't really an issue there, as I remember, but it certainly could be now.

I see this and all I can think of is Motel 6 and Tom Bodett saying, "We'll leave the light on for you."... Not a fan at all of this look.

Coronado has always seemed to have the least Disney-fied rooms owing to its role as a major convention site. However, this latest iteration looks like a sensory deprivation room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!