New Jersey DVC Members Group

What part of NJ are you from?

• Total voters
We're in for a rainy day here in NJ. My daughters were supposed to play in a Kick or Treat soccer tournament in Cherry Hill but they had to cancel it due to the rain. Everyone try to stay dry.:boat:

We're in for a rainy day here in NJ. My daughters were supposed to play in a Kick or Treat soccer tournament in Cherry Hill but they had to cancel it due to the rain. Everyone try to stay dry.:boat:

Sorry your DD’s tournament was canceled! It’s pouring and just so gloomy outside... but nothing a few Disney videos on YouTube and a cup of coffee can’t fix.

Yep! We live in the same county! Hi!!!! <waves> DH and I are both originally from Burlington county, I work from home and hubby commutes to Princeton every day (insane, I know).

Hi, welcome aboard! I live in Burlington Co about 30 miles NE of Philly. Yes I'm sure that ride to Princeton is insane. I see the traffic in the AM and PM on the main highways going N in am and S in pm, we avoid traveling in those directions at that time unless we can take a back road. That's the good thing about Jersey plenty of back roads and alternate routes. :thumbsup2

Thanks, Ms.Minnie! I really appreciated your feedback on my thread a while back. It made a lot of sense, and cut through some of my internal BS, worries and such! Hahaha! Sometimes I need that kick!

We've considered moving back north a couple of counties up but haven't pounced yet. Camden, Burlington, Mercer, and Monmouth are all on our radar. He avoids the rush hour traffic by doing 10a-6p hours, but it still takes him 1.25 hrs back and forth, I think he clocks ~110 miles each day and our son doesn't get to see him much during the week, unfortunately. At least he gets to say goodnight, though, so we are trying to make it work for now!

Thanks again!!!!

Thanks, Ms.Minnie! I really appreciated your feedback on my thread a while back. It made a lot of sense, and cut through some of my internal BS, worries and such! Hahaha! Sometimes I need that kick!

We've considered moving back north a couple of counties up but haven't pounced yet. Camden, Burlington, Mercer, and Monmouth are all on our radar. He avoids the rush hour traffic by doing 10a-6p hours, but it still takes him 1.25 hrs back and forth, I think he clocks ~110 miles each day and our son doesn't get to see him much during the week, unfortunately. At least he gets to say goodnight, though, so we are trying to make it work for now!

Thanks again!!!!

Hi, glad I could help. :wizard:

FWIW the property taxes in Burlington Co are lower then in Camden Co. I know this because several years ago we were considering moving to Camden Co but after looking at several properties and seeing the tax rates we nixed that idea. I don't know anything about the tax rates in the other two counties you mentioned.

I'm glad your DH is able to work better hours for his commute and I hope you make the move so you DH will get to spend more time with your DS. Time goes by so fast, today your in your 30s and before you know you're approaching 70. AHHH where did it all go? :crazy2:

Yesterday we met friends in Hammonton for dinner at Maplewood Inn. It was delicious! However, going home on Central Avenue there were what seemed like a hundred Trick or Treaters and plenty of cars parked along the road, but very few with flashlights or reflecting clothing! Trick or Treating on the 30th? That used to be Mischief Night in my day. Down here in Cape May Trick or Treat night is today. Does it differ In different towns?

Yesterday we met friends in Hammonton for dinner at Maplewood Inn. It was delicious! However, going home on Central Avenue there were what seemed like a hundred Trick or Treaters and plenty of cars parked along the road, but very few with flashlights or reflecting clothing! Trick or Treating on the 30th? That used to be Mischief Night in my day. Down here in Cape May Trick or Treat night is today. Does it differ In different towns?
We live in Clayton in Gloucester County and ours is still today rain or shine. I think maybe some towns were just taking the weather forecasters at their word and changed because of that?

We got lucky this morning and my grandson got to have his school Halloween parade. It's fun to see all the kids dressed in their Halloween garb. pirate::yoda::scared1:

Last edited:
Happy Halloween! It was neat, Ms. Minnie, agreed!

Anyone usually head down during the NJEA convention week? Thinking of that being our go-to trip to aim for since it falls under Choice Season! There should still be decorations up, I imagine, too! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter