New Jersey DVC Members Group

What part of NJ are you from?

• Total voters
:welcome: Happy you found us! Christmas at the Poly sounds amazing!!! Hope you have a great trip!!! I’ll get you up under your home resort!!!
:welcome: Happy you found us! Christmas at the Poly sounds amazing!!! Hope you have a great trip!!! I’ll get you up under your home resort!!!
Thank you! Happy I found you as well! My two favorite kinds of people are DISNEY fans and people from Jersey ;)

The wind sounded like it was going to blow the windows in across the back of our house. Both DH and I were awake! Scary stuff, glad the wind at that intensity didn't seem to last to long.

Hope everyone is well!
We’re doing well here in Cape May. We took advantage of some beautiful days and put our garden to bed for the winter. Folks came to get the pond winterized. We are expecting a much colder weekend.

Gus, our hound dog, is undergoing chemotherapy. He had his second treatment out of 8 yesterday. He is mostly himself, pulling off the bandage, but his condition gives us a cloud over the happy expectations of the holiday season.

We’ve had Gus for 2 1/2 years, he’s 7 1/2. He’s definitely Tom’s dog. Tom took this selfie in December when I was at BWV’s with some girl friends.

3DB3C816-CEFB-4267-BA1C-6A59A5D08F13.jpeg

We’re doing well here in Cape May. We took advantage of some beautiful days and put our garden to bed for the winter. Folks came to get the pond winterized. We are expecting a much colder weekend.

Gus, our hound dog, is undergoing chemotherapy. He had his second treatment out of 8 yesterday. He is mostly himself, pulling off the bandage, but his condition gives us a cloud over the happy expectations of the holiday season.

We’ve had Gus for 2 1/2 years, he’s 7 1/2. He’s definitely Tom’s dog. Tom took this selfie in December when I was at BWV’s with some girl friends.

View attachment 450622

Sorry to hear about Gus, bobbiwoz, I'll keep you both in my prayers.☹

View attachment 450622

Hi! I’m so sorry to hear about Gus ❤️ I’ll be thinking about you all. What a great picture to share, thank you.

Jersey week 2020 is our plan as well...actually thinking of staggering every 50-51 weeks as to maximize our annual pass.. 1st year over Jersey Week, then the next year a week prior to cover Halloween. We shall see since little man has school (just entered Kindergarten)

I'll probably call American Airlines tonight to pick brains and see what days of the week to shoot for since their reservation system doesn't go out that far! We have to fly out of Philly, so it's them or Frontier for the most part.

Maybe because he’s still young, but it seems like our son is always sick during times we’d like to go on a trip. Today, which would be Jersey Week, he’s sick, poor guy. So I’m rethinking it and perhaps, to be on the safe side of avoiding school as well as sicky time, summer may be the better bet. Will have to figure that out since our UY is August.

Maybe because he’s still young, but it seems like our son is always sick during times we’d like to go on a trip. Today, which would be Jersey Week, he’s sick, poor guy. So I’m rethinking it and perhaps, to be on the safe side of avoiding school as well as sicky time, summer may be the better bet. Will have to figure that out since our UY is August.

Same here!!!! I hate to jinx it, but honestly almost every single trip in November (since DD was 2 and DS was 16 months!!) my kids have been sick. The big joke when we plan now is.....
“ok MK Saturday, EPCOT Sunday, Immediate Center Monday...... “
it stinks but it NEVER fails!! 😞 We thought we were good since we added summer trips, but that was a bust too... DS had a 103 fever on day 2 of our June trip this summer. Thankfully it was a 24 hr. bug. I don’t know if it’s from the traveling, but it doesn’t surprise me anymore.

Sorry to hear about Gus, pets are an extension of our families and when they get sick or worse it's just like it's one of us. My DGpuppy was very sick about two weeks ago, we thought it was going to be all over for him but amazingly he pulled through! His name is Muppet and he is 17 1/2 yrs old, he's an old timer that wants to keep going. His vet is always amazed that he's still hanging in there. I hope Gus will be ok.

Same here!!!! I hate to jinx it, but honestly almost every single trip in November (since DD was 2 and DS was 16 months!!) my kids have been sick. The big joke when we plan now is.....
“ok MK Saturday, EPCOT Sunday, Immediate Center Monday...... “
it stinks but it NEVER fails!! 😞 We thought we were good since we added summer trips, but that was a bust too... DS had a 103 fever on day 2 of our June trip this summer. Thankfully it was a 24 hr. bug. I don’t know if it’s from the traveling, but it doesn’t surprise me anymore.

So, moral of the story is, you can't control the sickies no matter how we try so just plan and cross those paws, fingers, and toes!!! I think you're right and I will go back to the Jersey Week plan since right now that makes the most sense for our family. Of course, that will change over time! :)

Thanks!!!!!

So, moral of the story is, you can't control the sickies no matter how we try so just plan and cross those paws, fingers, and toes!!! I think you're right and I will go back to the Jersey Week plan since right now that makes the most sense for our family. Of course, that will change over time! :)

Thanks!!!!!

It really is tough, but you can only hope they stay healthy. Good luck!!

Does anyone go during a parent-teacher conference week that appears to happen the week after Thanksgiving every year? I know this is a hot DVC time, too, where it tends to be those 2 first weeks of December for Adventure season.

For our district this year 2019, our son has delayed openings Dec 2nd - 5th for P/T conferences, then on the 6th, it's an early dismissal as it's a staff PD day.

If I was to predict for 2020, it appears that parent-teacher conferences will be Nov 30th - Dec 4th. Taking a look at flights right now, it looks like the Tuesday following Thanksgiving week is by far cheaper than flying in that weekend (bc ppl must be flying back home from Thanksgiving), dropping way down.

So if booking our resort and flights for our 2020 trip, it looks like it would be ideal to grab Tuesday, Dec 1st, 2020, as the arrival date?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and experience on this! Between being a new parent + DVC member, I've got a lot of ropes to learn. :)

I'm considering this Dec 2020 trip for our first one so that we can stagger our annual passes - then 2021 trip can be Jersey Week, which would be 4 weeks prior and our passes will still be good to go!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!