New Jersey man tells Disney greeters he'll blow the place up

Yikes!

On the TBI front, my DH's uncle (may he rest in peace) also had suffered a brain injury (an aneurysm that nearly killed him) and afterwards, after the surgeries and recovery, literally could not help himself from making jokes CONSTANTLY. It was a massive, and noticeable personality shift after the event. Some jokes were funny, some were not, and some were bizarre or inappropriate.

I hate to say it but I felt the same about most of posts know nothing about brain injuries and saying things that a normal person would not say. have a friend who has been there and done something like this. and the fact that nothing was found to carry out threat leaves me feeling that brain injury is most likely cause

While that may be the reason, it's still not appropriate. And if he can't control what he says, and makes violent threats, who is to say that he can control other impulses? I'm hoping that there are some consequences for this situation beyond "oh, just forgive him, he's had a brain injury."

While that may be the reason, it's still not appropriate. And if he can't control what he says, and makes violent threats, who is to say that he can control other impulses? I'm hoping that there are some consequences for this situation beyond "oh, just forgive him, he's had a brain injury."
so from what you say what is different from a special needs child/adult having a melt down on platform making it impossible to load/unload or send ride causing an emergency stop and having to emergency get people off. that person couldn't control impulses. can you heard the outcry if those steps were taking against that person. since we haven't heard anything from Disney since this plus this didn't even make my local TV 2 hours from NJ I am guessing nothing other than what we heard and he was un the park few hours later. as Disney wouldn't want to have story of throwing out a Brain Injury person for something that could not be controlled based of how they work to welcome special needs which this includes

His consequence IS his brain injury. He is in that jail every single second of the rest of his life!

I had a long post for you but then I realized you are ignorant on the subject of TBI and you opened your mouth without thinking first. Otherwise you are saying that anyone with a brain injury, is autistic, or any other special needs who can't always control their behavior should be locked away somewhere so they don't say or do something inappropriate.

I spent a winter teaching brain injured people how to alpine ski. Challenging, and worked hard to keep it fun. Trying to wedge when motor skills had limits led to some challenging moments.
There was a time in my youth when I might have been the person threatening to blow the place up. And some friends back then would be as stupid. Some of my kids' friends today might qualify. And none are suffering brain impairment, other than becoming adults.

His consequence IS his brain injury. He is in that jail every single second of the rest of his life!

I had a long post for you but then I realized you are ignorant on the subject of TBI and you opened your mouth without thinking first. Otherwise you are saying that anyone with a brain injury, is autistic, or any other special needs who can't always control their behavior should be locked away somewhere so they don't say or do something inappropriate.

Well, not exactly, but sort of. If someone is violent, for any reason, then no, they should not be anywhere where they cannot handle the situation safely. Would you be OK with a man coming up and punching you in the face, for any reason? Or twisting your child's head and neck?

So, for making threats to blow a place up, brain injury or not, then yes, there should be consequences. Allow that person to travel with family, but have room checks, be on a watch list of some sort, etc. I mean, can you personally guarantee that someone with a brain injury won't follow through on something said? If that thought is in a person's mind to start with, who is to say that it won't develop into an urge to follow through?

As for being ignorant - pot, kettle. I've worked with your above listed population. I've been punched, bitten, and kicked. And have you ever been stabbed by a metal compass point? It hurts. So, if you know of someone with violent tendencies, and you insist that they should be allowed to continue hurting others, doesn't that make you responsible? I now some people can't control it, don't understand it, don't have the comprehension that what they are doing is wrong. But that still doesn't make it okay.

No one said it's OK. Any TBI that is violent is likely hospitalized or in some type of group home setting and needs to be heavily medicated. If you've been punched, bitten, kicked and stabbed, then you obviously work in that type of setting. How did this turn into the person in the OP as violent? Just because you worked with violent patients does not mean TBI'ers should be on a watch list and have room checks!
I guess you really don't understand TBI or you would not have written the above post. Frankly, it's insulting to the millions of special needs families. I'm done as you obviously believe all disabled and special needs people need to be locked up if they say or do anything inappropriate. smh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!