New Leaked layout of Super Nintendo World in Universal Orlando

http://universal.wdwinfo.com/news/r...ntendo-world-at-universal-studios-in-orlando/

Nintendomap.jpg

It looks awesome, I'm not a Universal guy, but I gotta check this out. I've been into Nintendo since the 8 bit system came out in 1985.

OMG. My son would flip. Nintendo is even bigger to him than Disney... When is this "supposedly" supposed to happen?

Yeah, it's about time they added some family rides. Not everything needs to be made for teenagers (shakes you around) who don't want to have kids (crushes your beanie bag).

True...but an occasional ride not meant to be ages 2 to 200 has value too...have to do both in the longterm

OMG. My son would flip. Nintendo is even bigger to him than Disney... When is this "supposedly" supposed to happen?

Insiders have been saying 2020 for the Japan version and 2021 for Orlando. I'm hoping they release it at the same time though and get it out before Disney World's 50th. This way Disney will have to up their game.

Last edited:

I didn't notice it at first, but that lousy Animal Actors show isn't on the map. Thank baby Jesus for that, to put it kindly the show is not good. It reminds me of the shows at Sea World, it's like sitting through 7th grade Biology and having to listen to Mr. Randall again.

Insiders have been saying 2020 for the Japan version and 2021 for Orlando. I'm hoping they release it at the same time though and get it out before Disney World's 50th. This way Disney will have to up their game.
I'm curious to see how fast this happens. It's probably not entirely true, but it seems like Disney takes forever to build things.

If Disney was making this my Grandkids would possibly be able to visit it in 2079. But Universal usually takes much less time.
Yeah. I'd like to think it would eventually put some kind of pressure on Disney's scheduling, but it probably won't.

This is a game changer for Universal. Harry Potter is cool and all but Nintendo gathered fans for generations around the world, I really hope they do this land justice.

Harry Potter was a game changer and still is. Nintendo needs to have the crazy increases in attendance and $PGS that Potter provided for Universal. Nobody has seen an IP do what Potter did. Nintendo has a lot to live up to.

I love the Nintendo nostalgia, but I don't think you can compare it to Harry Potter. That was like the Beatles during their prime. It got kids and adults to read books... yes books. Plus they were still coming out with movies when the first section opened. So the Potter hysteria was still going very strong.

Harry Potter was a game changer and still is. Nintendo needs to have the crazy increases in attendance and $PGS that Potter provided for Universal. Nobody has seen an IP do what Potter did. Nintendo has a lot to live up to.

I can tell you I have not been to Universal since before Harry Potter, and this would have me and a bunch of my friends (and their families) booking a hotel that day. Obviously extremely anecdotal evidence, but it would have the possibility (especially as I have said before, if they add princess meet and greets for the daughters in the families).

i would expect this to have a Virtual Reality (VR) headset as part of the ride experience.

yeah, that is what I am thinking (and what I am reading from others as well) - that the track would be physical but the characters, etc would appear in the VR headset.

still could be cool though - especially if it really does go fast (I am picturing Test Track but with VR headsets)

This seems comparable to Toy Story Land. But more densely crammed with stuff and (hopefully) not subject to nickel-and-dime cost cutting. And, it's in a park which is already quite full and complete, not one with a huge deficit of attractions like DHS.

Given this basically "mini land", I wonder what the long term plan is for Uni's huge tract of 400 acres. The speculation was, well that must be for a full Nintendo-based park, plus a Lord of the Rings park. But maybe we were deluding ourselves that a single IP or even a single theme can carry a complete theme park. Perhaps the plan is to slowly acquire enough different IP's until a park as diverse as MK or IOA can be conceived. Maybe over 20 years or more, scooping up properties from not-yet-released movies and games.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter