New member, and possibly new trip vlogger

Staren

Mouseketeer
Ah, I love that new forum smell...wait sorry. That's just me. New soap you know.

Sorry. Had to go for the opening joke. As you can guess I'm new around here. I was born and raised in the Tampa area, so I'm a WDW kid, but moved out of state for college, and haven't been back in years. I'm now planning my first trip to WDW as the organizer. Not my first trip as an adult, but it will be my first time staying on property, and my first solo trip. Not sure of the exact dates yet, but I'll definitely be going in 2018.

I've been watching a lot of the solo trip vlogs, and that seems like something that I'd like to try doing this trip. I think I can bring an interesting perspective to it. I have a physical disability (Cerebral Palsy for those interested) and will be using my wheelchair for most of the time. (I use crutches day to day, but not for things like this).

Anyway, that's my intro for now.

Welcome! It would be interesting to see a vlog from a wheelchair user's perspective. Could be very helpful for those who are still planning trips, too. Be sure to link your channel.

Thanks for the welcome! I'll definately be posting my channel information when I start getting things together.

Thanks @Pixie8913. I'm 16 days away from the start of my WDW trip as of today. I still have a lot to do, but I'm starting to get excited.

Thanks @Pixie8913. I'm 16 days away from the start of my WDW trip as of today. I still have a lot to do, but I'm starting to get excited.

Oh wow that's coming up Quick! I'm so excited for you though aaand you get to escape this terrible weather lol I'm jealous. I can't wait to read/watch your trip
Are you doing just DW?

I am doing just Disney. While it is a longer trip, my mobility issues mean that I have to be really detailed about travel. So I'm going to stick to the world and leave Universal or other Orlando attractions to another trip.

As for ADRs and FastPasses, yep. I jumped on those at the 180 and 60 day marks. Though i probably didn't have to be too crazy about them. Going during a quiet time in late January, and going solo, I didn't have much trouble getting what I wanted.

You can read my PTR here, but I'll toss my plans into this thread as well.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/wheeling-through-disney-solo.3650005/

ADR and dining plans:

I decided to primary use the AKL club lounge for breakfast since I am staying club level, and am not generally a big breakfast eater.

1/20/2018 Sat (Travel) Club Lounge - Sanna (1TS)
1/21/2018 Sun (AK) Club Lounge - Tusker House (1TS) - Flame Tree BBQ (1QS)
1/22/2018 Mon (Resort) Club Lounge - Contempo Cafe (1QS) - 1900 Park Fare (1TS)
1/23/2018 Tues (MK) Club Lounge - Liberty Tree (1TS) - Pecos Bills (1QS)
1/24/2018 Wed (Epcot) Askershus (1TS) - Snack Credits - Katsura Grill (1QS)
1/25/2018 Thurs (HS) Club Lounge - Sci-Fi Dine-In (1TS) - Rosie’s Cafe (1QS)
1/26/2018 Fri (Rest) Club Lounge - ______________ (1QS) - Jiko (2TS)
1/27/2018 Sat (Epcot) Club Lounge - Rose & Crown (1TS) - _____________ (1QS)
1/28/2018 Sun (HS) Club Lounge - Staring Rolls (1QS) - Kona Cafe (1TS)
1/29/2018 Mon (DS) Club Lounge - D-Luxe Burger (1QS) - The Wave (1TS)
1/30/2018 Tues (MK) Be Our Guest (1QS) - Snack Credits - Skippers Canteen (1TS)
1/31/2018 Wed (AK) Club Lounge - Yak & Yeti (1TS) - Satu'li Canteen (1QS)
2/1/2018 Thurs (KttK) Club Lounge - Keys to the Kingdom - GF Cafe (1TS)
2/2/2018 Fri (Open) Club Lounge - _____________ (1QS) - _____________ (1QS)
2/3/2018 Sat (Travel) Club Lounge

FastPasses:

You will notice that I have a few open days that I plan to play by ear and see what I can get if I end up going to a park.

1/20/2018 Sat (Travel)

1/21/2018 Sun (AK)

Na’vi River Journey

Kilimanjaro Safaris

DINOSAUR

1/22/2018 Mon (Resort)

1/23/2018 Tues (MK)

Pirates of Caribbean

Space Mountain

Haunted Mansion

1/24/2018 Wed (Epcot)

Figment

Mission: SPACE

Frozen Ever After

1/25/2018 Thurs (HS)

Rock 'n' Roller Coaster

Star Tours

Frozen Sing-Along Celebration

1/26/2018 Fri (Rest)

1/27/2018 Sat (Epcot)

Test Track

Living with the Land

The Seas with Nemo & Friends

1/28/2018 Sun (HS)

Toy Story Mania!

Star Tours

Indiana Jones

1/29/2018 Mon (DS)

1/30/2018 Tues (MK)

Big Thunder Mountain

Buzz Lightyear's

Jungle Cruise

1/31/2018 Wed (AK)

Flight of Passage

Primeval Whirl

Kilimanjaro Safaris

2/1/2018 Thurs (Keys to The Kingdom Tour)

2/2/2018 Fri (Open)

2/3/2018 Sat (Travel)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter