New Member Services hours beginning 9/10.

erionm

DIS Veteran
DVC via a Disney Parks Blog post has announced new operating hours for Member Services.

Enhanced Member Services: Members continue to enjoy the new option of updating an existing reservation by directly contacting the same Member Service Advisor who helped book that reservation in the first place. And, beginning Sept. 10, Member Services will expand its operating hours to 9 a.m.-9 p.m. Eastern on weekdays (currently 9 a.m.-7:30 p.m.) and 9 a.m.-7 p.m. Eastern (previously 9 a.m.-5:30 p.m.) on weekends.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...nish-strong-with-membership-magic-ever-after/

Wouldn't it have been better if DVC just added one hour in the morning., to match online reservation's 8 a.m. start time, rather than adding 1 1/2 hours in the evening?

I wonder if they added advisors or just spread their hours out. Disney doesn't like overtime so that isn't happening.

:earsboy: Bill

Wouldn't it have been better if DVC just added one hour in the morning., to match online reservation's 8 a.m. start time, rather than adding 1 1/2 hours in the evening?
Yes, but I suspect the later hours are to please west coast friends.

Maybe. My guess is that MS prefers online have an advantage to encourage usage and minimize calls.

I also think the main reason was the growing number of west coast members

Hey, I just realized that I now live in Eastern Time Zone and have to wait an hour before booking. Used to live in Central Time Zone. Little things.

Later hours aren't really helpful since it's still during our work day when it ends. But its better than a kick in the face and at least gives us a bit more window instead of just getting wholly shafted with the hours as it has been.

Later hours aren't really helpful since it's still during our work day when it ends. But its better than a kick in the face and at least gives us a bit more window instead of just getting wholly shafted with the hours as it has been.
Right? Not to mention the FP, ADRs, etc. times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter