New MH, new adventures.

Vince know you have plenty of tent camping experience to fall back on so while I would normally recommend going to that very exclusive CG Fort Your Own Backyard for your maiden voyage you can likely get way without doing that. You might want to check out Motorhome Magazine they do an annual listing of Dinghy AKA TOADS mostly 4 downs.

That is a nice interior layout. We had an older RV several years back that we remodeled and it too had no slides but was roomy and comfortable.

Vince I did a bit of research The Model You have is an ALLEGRO as indicated on the front of your unit. Tiffin still says all their gassers are ALLEGRO's but has added OPEN ROAD with major difference being is the configuration. Too bad you didn't have it a few weeks ago as 2 weeks ago Vt was the site of a major TIFFIN Rally.

1997 Make: Ford Model: Truck Body:
Curious, is it a V8 or V10? I totally understand your concern about length, I have a car trailer (although my coach is bigger and a diesel), if still interested in a trailer though,
I have seen used U Haul trailers for sale online and they are short and light weight. Just a thought.

Now that I look at the pictures more closely, you have a oven. That is one thing we really miss about the newer coaches. A convection oven is not the same as a real oven.

I do, it is not very big, I mean I can’t get a 16 pound turkey in there but maybe 2 Cornish hens. :joker:

View attachment 360974

View attachment 360975
I don't think they have changed the size of the ovens in any of the campers in the last 30 years.

DW did manage on more than one occasion to bake a cake. But had to do the layers separately.

If you open the door you immediately lose all the heat and none of them are accurate on temp. You can do it, just takes a learning curve.

I don't think they have changed the size of the ovens in any of the campers in the last 30 years.

DW did manage on more than one occasion to bake a cake. But had to do the layers separately.

If you open the door you immediately lose all the heat and none of them are accurate on temp. You can do it, just takes a learning curve.

We used ours for the first time this last camping trip, filled the camper with a haze and set off the smoke alarm. Had never used it before, it burned off, some kind of coating on the inside ? The chicken on the other hand came out perfectly and delicious.

We used ours for the first time this last camping trip, filled the camper with a haze and set off the smoke alarm. Had never used it before, it burned off, some kind of coating on the inside ? The chicken on the other hand came out perfectly and delicious.

I think I have made frozen pizza in ours...lol...oh, wait, chicken nuggets too...

@snowmedic we flat tow our Rav. We had to put a remco lube pump on the transmission in order to do it. We do like it, flat towing is great, let me know if you want more info.

Went to the Remco website and put in my vehicle info, says I need to trailer my Rav, must not have a pump for it yet. What year is your Rav? Mine is a 2014

Went to the Remco website and put in my vehicle info, says I need to trailer my Rav, must not have a pump for it yet. What year is your Rav? Mine is a 2014

Mine is older 2007. I remember hearing that they changed so the newer ones might not work with the pump. Bummer we have had no issues with it.

looking good. I have a feeling that rig will be travelling down 95 in Jan. Sure there might be snow in the forecast but when you are at Disney and not having to worry about freezing your tail off, you will accept that as the first trip. Also get ready for extra funds towards fuel. Think single digits when it comes to fuel mileage. RV never passed a gas station they didn't like. Otherwise, good luck with the new to you Class A.

Took the MH out for s drive today :drive:so we we could get use to all the noises that it makes. First stop was to the hardware store about 8 miles away to fill the propane tank, it is a 20 gallon/pound tank :confused3 put 18.5 gallons in and cost about 56.00.
Then we took it for a nice back road drive for the state inspection,

D195337D-0853-4D66-BB1C-165679A726B5.jpeg

we are good until December of 2019:cool1:. Came back home and backed it into the driveway between my work truck and one of our cars, made it on the first try. We put a total of 70 miles on it today, also put new wipers on Thursday, the old ones where shorter than spec and really wore out.

Started putting things in to make it feel a little more homier.

8526B89E-E94E-4BD2-A2BC-A82A88218941.jpeg

Now off to Wally-Wierd for some things for the inside.

Also get ready for extra funds towards fuel. Think single digits when it comes to fuel mileage. RV never passed a gas station they didn't like.
When we do decide to take it to the Fort, I think I allotted myself about 1000.00 roundtrip. I am hoping that is high balling it. I am going to be bringing a CC that will be used just for gas. Hopefully once we get past Albany it will not be sucking up much fuel, a little flatter from that point on, we will see.

Spent yesterday in the MH while it was raining out cleaning all the cabinets and appliances. Bought some things at Wally-Weird just to make it feel a little more comfortable.

Today I spent some time getting use to opening and closing the awning, thanks youtube. The guy I bought it from put a new awning on it last year. Also started the onboard Genset and let it run for a little while. The remote start on the dash doesn't work so I will be looking into that. Got to get the shop vac out and vacuum all the exterior compartments, there are a few of them then just have to figure out what I want to put in there. I was thinking a small flat screen on a pull out mount, DW was just shaking her head about that one.

I will be taking the 90's tube style tv out of the front of the MH in the drivers area and replacing that with a storage compartment of some sort. There is a small table behind DW's seat that stows away or she can swivel her chair around and use that we can put a TV on if we decide to have one. There is no TV in the bedroom, but the connections are there for one. We aren't big on watching tv, even at home it is rarely on.

Still need to get a mechanic from work to come over and weld on the leveling jack that came off. My friend said he was leveling and he figures he put to much pressure on the one jack and the weld broke. Mechanic yesterday said the frame is still in good shape where it goes.

Will post more when I do more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!