New MH, new adventures.

IMAG0086001.jpg Here are our 2 cats just hanging out in the KitchenResized_IMAG0064001_8780.jpg
Here they are in one of their spots in the coach that they hid in while we were moving. There was a space under the bed on the slide out that once I started the engine they went running for

Please tell me that that is just gak or something on the windshield and its not cracked

Please tell me that that is just gak or something on the windshield and its not cracked

No, it is a crack, but it did pass the state inspection, so I am good to go. The guy I bought it from said it was there when he got it and the crack has not progressed any. I am dreading finding out what a new one will cost. I do plan on upgrading all the exterior lights, so I will do the windshield also.

Vince, $1000 for the round trip? That's going to be close. I budgeted 1200 in 2012. I came home with about 200.

I figure if I can make it to our every other gas stop that we do with the car we will be doing pretty good. I never let the car get below 1/4 tank before stopping for gas. I will definitely be keeping track of fuel and millage when we do take it out.

Google maps (satelite view) can be very helpful. I usually lay out a trip ahead of time, and although I might be able to go further, some places are easy in/easy out

Even with the car, we only stop at truck stops for fuel, meals and the 3 a.m. coffee to get me going for the next 12 hrs. of the drive. I do agree with you on the google maps to scope out the fueling situation though. On the plus side, if I do stop at all our normal gas stops I shouldn't be putting in 70 gallons of gas, plus it would let me get out and stretch.

I figure if I can make it to our every other gas stop that we do with the car we will be doing pretty good. I never let the car get below 1/4 tank before stopping for gas. I will definitely be keeping track of fuel and millage when we do take it out.

Even with the car, we only stop at truck stops for fuel, meals and the 3 a.m. coffee to get me going for the next 12 hrs. of the drive. I do agree with you on the google maps to scope out the fueling situation though. On the plus side, if I do stop at all our normal gas stops I shouldn't be putting in 70 gallons of gas, plus it would let me get out and stretch.
Vince driving a 25+ is than driving a regular car or van. Those stops come in handy. Trust me on that. Fuel wise consider if you get anything better than 7 mpg. yourself lucky. You drove OTR so you should be fine. I would ask prior owner if you can run genny to power the AC it helps (My genny uses 1/2 gal per hour mileage jumped to @7 compared to 5. trying to stay cool with cab unit)

Google maps (satelite view) can be very helpful. I usually lay out a trip ahead of time, and although I might be able to go further, some places are easy in/easy out

I do the same thing. With a 35' bumper pull we are 53' bumper to bumper - there are plenty of gas stations that simply don't readily accommodate that type of length. When we first owned it, I used to pull off and try to find gas stops. Now, I know exactly what gas stations I will be stopping at along the way. It takes out the guesswork and stress, and makes for a much more efficient travel schedule!

I do the same thing. With a 35' bumper pull we are 53' bumper to bumper - there are plenty of gas stations that simply don't readily accommodate that type of length. When we first owned it, I used to pull off and try to find gas stops. Now, I know exactly what gas stations I will be stopping at along the way. It takes out the guesswork and stress, and makes for a much more efficient travel schedule!

We had all ours planned out when we owned the dually. Now with 234 gallons on board, I can stop wherever is cheapest on my route.

Now with 234 gallons on board, I can stop wherever is cheapest on my route.
234 gallons is a lot of weight. I wonder if that impacts your tow rating? :rotfl: :lmao:

Now that you have a half a tank and a few thousand miles on it, what kind of mpg are you getting?

j

234 gallons is a lot of weight. I wonder if that impacts your tow rating? :rotfl: :lmao:

Now that you have a half a tank and a few thousand miles on it, what kind of mpg are you getting?

j

Well the fuel load probably does bring down my tow rating, I mean the truck is rated to 80k, I have it registered for 40K GCWR, but the hitch is only rated to 32K. After all a full fuel load increases my weight by 1,872 lbs.
We have had some time to run a number of trips and for me to do some bobtailing. I am getting about 9mpg, towing or not. Hoping with the new pin box it might increase my towing mileage by bringing the trailer closer to the cab. If I can remember to turn on the Eco Roll feature, I could save a little fuel as it then puts the transmission in neutral and lets you coast down hills. Of course on large hills, I want the transmission engaged and the jake brake on. So not as fuel efficient as a dually may be, but the view and safety side, can't be beat.

So not as fuel efficient as a dually may be, but the view and safety side, can't be beat.
That's pretty close though, towing. A lot depends on the wind, but the best I can do, towing between 70-75, is 9.6. If I have a head wind, I'm at 9 or into the 8s. The 2400 mile trip from STL to Disney to GSP and home, I got 9.3.

j

Now I know it’s the beginning almost middle of November but we went ahead and pulled the trigger on our first camping in the MH. It all started last Thursday when DW was disappointed about not taking the MH to Fl. So thinking I would make her happy I booked a weekend trip to Lake Placid/Wilmington NY KOA.

The drive over was nice and comfy, trying to get use to the cabinets being loaded with dishes and such clanging around, well that will take some getting use to. But anyway we made it after about a 2 hr. drive. We are already winterized so just hooked up to electric and sewer. Will be bringing in water from the spigot for dishes and cooking, and you know what.

I will post more about the campground after doing some exploring tomorrow, for now here are some pics.

2716BFE7-CEAA-431C-BB5E-E1729428ED28.jpeg

8250F007-057A-4280-BD8F-BC7F71A03472.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!