New neighbor construction update w/photos

Rteez, mod over in the Rumors forum, is reporting that this project is cancelled or on indefinite hold. I want to be happy because of the Fort but it makes me sad that this situation is impacting so much.

Thanks for the heads-up, amcc.

So Reflections is going to down the ol' memory hole like the deferred portion of Pop Century that sat for years before it finished as AoA? As bioreconstruct's picture shows, if they've sprayed grass seed out over the property and pulled back the heavy equipment and materials as it appears they have, yep it's probably going into hibernation. Disney's first commitment is to sell the points they have over at Caribbean Beach (whatever that DVC over there is named).

Doesn't bother me one bit. Although it's a shame we lost the original Tri-Circle-D, Mickey's Backyard BBQ, and stuff. The old River Country finally got the burial it ultimately deserved as it was disappointing to see it decline as it had.

Having done this much work on the property (and sunk that cost literally into the ground), it is still an attractive piece of land in a good location that could be reactivated at some point. But the land has been flirting with DVC-like possibilities for SO many years. At some point some business case will pull the trigger on a project there in the future but I hope it is after my lifetime.

Gonna go d/l and zoom in on bio's photo.

Bama Ed

Last edited:
There is what looks to be the underpinning of an elevated board walk along the left side (few floor boards set horizontally yet). And the exercise trail looks completed down from the Settlement Bus Depot (on the left side of the road where the new TCD Horse Barn is) all the way to the bottom of the photo where it breaks off where the new road portion hits the old bus road portion. Hopefully they will complete that short piece of exercise trail and give us our nice walk to WL back.

Bama Ed

PS - I wonder if we will get our former beach back? Did we get a new/expanded beach out of this?

Last edited:
Expand the fort!!! Lets start a petition mow, someone do a write up on how they will recoup the cost in 5 years without the overhead of mousekeeping and such. Water front campsites are super mega premium.

My dream will come true, if this pans out! This is what I've been hoping for since they announced the closures. I would be so down for more loops! Especially a waterfront set of loops. It would be awesome if they made a few pull-in waterfront ones!

I’d have liked to give the backyard BBQ another shot. The first (only) time we went, it didn’t go very well because the kids were too small to comprehend the idea of dancing near the characters and not with them.

since they’ve got all that extra space now, if they can just put it back up before Feb, that would be great.

Expand the fort!!! Lets start a petition mow, someone do a write up on how they will recoup the cost in 5 years without the overhead of mousekeeping and such. Water front campsites are super mega premium.

That was my first thought when I saw all that cleared land: "Hey, they could put in a couple new loops!!". Super Mega Waterfront sites could probably go for close to $275.00 (tax incl) per night in high season. Even $300.00 if they have larger sites, some 'exclusive amenities' like a private pool, and upgraded facilities. OR they could develop it as a DVC RV resort with 'shi-shi foo-foo' RV sites (cabanas, outdoor kitchens) and some 'upgraded' FW-style cabins.

Unfortunately, I'm putting Reflections in the 'indefinitely postponed' category. Some hydro seeding for erosion control, some trees or tall bushes along the lakefront to block the view and that huge bald spot can easily be 'maintained' yet hidden from view for years, until 'the time is right'.

So, that's supposedly going to be a row of DVC individual 'villas', right? With the huge 'lodge' to the right-ish and back? What an eyesore to a beautiful and green campground.

I agree with @mickeyfan0805 . I hope if they're putting the DVC on mothballs that they do some type of plantings to hide all the 'bare spots'. Even a 5 foot 'deep' planting of trees and some shrubs along the borders would grow pretty fast and disguise them.

I wish they would give us our beach back too!

I'm hoping for both, but I'm not expecting it. While they have postponed the DVC, I don't think it's indefinite. Copper Creek is nearing sell-out, which will leave DVC with only Riviera and direct resales of re-acquired points at the sold out resorts. While they may be cash-strapped now, DVC is a cash-cow that they love to milk. Reflections is a shovel-ready project that can be ramped back up quickly and easily once the ledger allows. With this in mind, giving the original beach back to the Fort turns it into something they 'take away' later once they build Reflections. It's hard for me to imagine them leaving it to just sit there roped off, but it is also hard for me to imagine that they will allow it to become part of the Fort again, only to pull it back 2 years from now. Not sure what they'll do.

When I changed my reservations today, the CM said they had to withdraw funding from some things during COVID so they are focusing on the things that were closer to 90% done- TRON, REMYS, SPACE 2020 etc. Even the Star Wars Hotel is on hold, but they will finish that one I think.

He mentioned this one and I told him that they could go ahead and cancel it because it was too close to the Fort. He laughed and said there was still land to expand the Fort and let him know the issue what how it messed up the view from there and that we were glad it was put on hold.

Hi! I'm new to this forum but have enjoyed the updates I see. I'm a native Floridian who visits the Disney campus as often as I can. I've been going every year since 1972.

I too was saddened when Reflections was underway but pleased to hear it was cancelled (for now). Now I just wish they would open up the exercise trail to Wilderness Lodge again. How hard can that be? We have a cabin reserved for mid December and my fingers are crossed that the trail will be available along with the beach that was taken away. Last year we expressed our displeasure to multiple CMs hoping it would have some impact.

If anybody hears a peep about the exercise trail, please share if possible. Thanks!

Disney CFO Christine McCarthy at the Bank of America Virtual 2020 Media, Communications & Entertainment Conference today highlighted "priorities" for WDW and DL.

Star Wars Hotel
Avengers Campus and Mickey & Minnie Runaway RR at DL

No mention of Reflections (or EPCOT).

It sounds like the neighbor's pause may be longer term.

The whole comment string on Boardwalk Times Twitter feed.

j

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!