New nighttime show at Universal

This is a standing show, there are a few benches in the back, and a wheelchair area on the top tier. (3 tier area, with a grassy area up above that that may still be blocked off since its brand new sod) We watched from the middle, top tier. We walked around all the areas to get a feel, and anything in the middle works great, even the bottom tier.

Don't attempt to watch it anywhere outside the central park area, though, the whole thing is geared to that viewing area. IMHO, the best part is the Trolls section.
if you're at the bottom do you get sprinkled on/wet? like Fantasmic?

No idea, the night I went it was raining lightly. The do mention a "splash zone" in the announcements, so I assume it could be there if the wind is blowing that way.

We really liked the show. A lot of executives were watching tonight, I recognized Williams and Aiello.
We really enjoyed the flow of the show, the laser effects and water effects. Way, way better than the older one. I only enjoy 2 movies from the ones highlighted and still thought the show was worth the viewing

We really liked the show. A lot of executives were watching tonight, I recognized Williams and Aiello.
We really enjoyed the flow of the show, the laser effects and water effects. Way, way better than the older one. I only enjoy 2 movies from the ones highlighted and still thought the show was worth the viewing

Were there lasers in the show now? The reason I ask is that Tim Tracker put up a video the other day showing the show with the projections and the pyro and said at the end he was told by one of the UO execs that there was still 1 more piece that had to be added to the show and, if you confirm there was a laser element, that must be it.

Were there lasers in the show now? The reason I ask is that Tim Tracker put up a video the other day showing the show with the projections and the pyro and said at the end he was told by one of the UO execs that there was still 1 more piece that had to be added to the show and, if you confirm there was a laser element, that must be it.
Yes lots of laser effects

I hope this is around next June. We'd love to see something like that.

I tried asking what the schedule for this show was over chat and they didn't have an answer. However I needed to modify our reservation. shift dates, drop off a guest and add PtoP. I asked C/S regarding this show as we are going 9/15- 9/20 and we got free Blue Man group tickets! I had to reserve BMG date and time today and was trying to leave time to see the show... She said it definitely would not show the nights of HHN as they would need all crew on hands for HHN. She suggested we go to BMG on the HHN night (we won't attend HHN) and then have a choice of 3 nights for the new show... Praying it all works out.

Saw it on July 11 and 12. Great improvement over the Cinematic Spectacular in my opinion. It was not really crowded at all. We went down to the lowest level the second night to see if we got wet. Not a drop. I guess if the wind is blowing, you might get some sprinkles.

I want to add this to our trip in August... We know nothing about Universal so where do we go for the show?

they just cant get their stuff together on when these happen, last week went, wasnt listed on website or in park guides, and they had it. Other nights listed and park mysteriously closes early for "private event" and no show.
its nonsensical

On the show times schedule it says July 1-July 31 9:45. But on the What's New page it says On Select Nights. So are they doing it every night or not? We're going either this Friday or Saturday so it'd be nice to know if I one day would be better than the other. Also to those who have already gone, how early did you show up before hand?

they just cant get their stuff together on when these happen, last week went, wasnt listed on website or in park guides, and they had it. Other nights listed and park mysteriously closes early for "private event" and no show.
its nonsensical

It just officially opened. It was still in technical rehearsals last week.

Question about viewing area... can you really watch it from anywhere but the viewing area is just the best view?
If it’s really crowded at the viewing area is there anywhere else to see it with a good view?

I would recommend seeing it from the viewing area on the Simpsons side of the lagoon. The projections are lengthwise through the lagoon, with projections on the buildings on the opposite side. I wouldn't recommend being on the F&F side or either end by Transformers or MIB, as you'd likely not be able to see everything. Fireworks are also behind the buildings on F&F side, so you'd miss some of those from that side.

I agree with others here...much better show than the old version.

Thanks for the suggestion

I’ll have to be where you said was best when I see the show

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!