New/Old or Old/New Member

MidWax

Earning My Ears
It’s been so long since I joined DisBoards that when I looked for my last post there wasn’t one. And I don’t really remember using the name MidWax, but it was in my list of passwords, so, I guess I did. From 1978 to the early 90’s I got around fine. Then I started having some back and neck pain, which I just dealt with. As the years went by, it got worse and walking was a problem. But I still walked the parks - slower and with many rest stops. Remember when benches were plentiful? In 2010 something happened just 6 days before a Disney World trip that put me in a wheelchair. My wonderful husband has been pushing me around the parks ever since - but I could still walk short distances. Now my condition has gotten worse, and our next trip, early in 2020, I’ll be using a power device. We’ve been doing a lot of research, and are waffling between a 3-wheel scooter and a power chair. I’m hoping to get some help with my decision by reading posts here in disboards. I imagine I’ll have a few questions. Thanks for reading this.

Welcome back! I am just resurfacing myself after a 1-2 year absence.

I as well have struggled with mobility/back/nerve issues over the years and have had a variety of experiences during trips with chairs. I have had the most luck with a 3 wheel scooter given my needs/abilities. I know everyone is different. I found them easier to pilot in parks and on/of transportation. They often are lighter and less expensive to rent/delivery. Read reviews if you can, they might help you find some tid bits that help you make a decision on what kind of device to use as well as what company is best suited for your trip.

Sending pixie dust your way :tink:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!