New pop-up

DianeRD

Mouseketeer
My DH and I just bought our first Pop-up this past weekend.We are planning on a Christmas 2002 trip to FW.We have never been to FW.A few questions for you pros;

Do the buses that I see along the route take you to the Parks or around the campground? How can you tell how far the comfort stations and bus stops are from your campsite? Do you need to have golf carts just for the comfort stations?Do you take a golf cart and leave them at the bus stops?

Do you have any favorite loops for pop-ups? When would you call to reserve for next year?
I'm sure some of these questions are probably silly but we honestly don't know.

Thank you ! :confused:

First off, Congrats on the pop up. You will have a lot of fun with it. The buses run within the campground as well as out of it to the TTC. Comfort stations are pretty much one in each loop. They are not any distance from the campsites, very convenient. Bus stops are located throughout the campground and really aren't very far either. You will not need a golf cart to go to a comfort station. They are a lot of fun to use, but we mostly use ours just for running around throughout the campground. Usually when we are having a non-park day. Seeing as you will not need full hook-up, ( I am assuming you don't have a bathroom), I would recommend the 1500 loop. It is very convenient to the meadows pool, bike barn, campfire and meadows trading post. We have stayed there several times and really like the area. Happy Camping!!:D :D :D

most camping loops have a comfort station nearby (within Walking distance), the golf carts just make it easier to get around the resort, its much larger than most people realize,

The buses that run in Fort Wilderness travel between the Wilderness lodge and the TTC. the golf carts are not usully parked at bus stops, you can park them at the marina and near the pioneer hall bus stop.

Congrats on you new trailer and WELCOME to the camping board

Congrats on the Pop - up! I would agree with the 1500 loop. It is small and the walk to the comfort station takes only a minute!

Hello Diane,
I think you are the only other poster from Maine that I have seen on this board! Congratulations on the new pop-up.
Do you plan on stopping over night on the way down? We have been to FW twice. The first time we drove all the way to S.C. and stayed in a campground there one night. Last August we drove straight through only stopping to sleep for a couple of hours at a rest stop. It is a long drive.
Have fun planning!

We have driven with our pop-up from NE CT to FW. The other loop to request as a back-up to 1500 is 2200. We have never been able to be lucky enough to get one of the sites in the 1500 loop despite our requests. We have never rented a golf cart for FW travel and have just used the buses to get around both FW and WDW. Remember to take advantage of the campgrounds offerings. They are really special. There are refillable mugs and a great buffet down at Pioneer Hall.

I had no idea that they had refillable mugs at FW. I knew about the other resorts.Is the 1500 loop fairly quiet?

Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter