New Reservation System ?

Ariel 1715

Mouseketeer
Question...We have DVC reservation and tickets linked. AM I correct in understanding that Disney will contact us with how to make park reservations???

Thanks for any help!

I keep checking DIS to see if there are any reports of people being contacted yet about making daily park reservations, but I haven't seen any reports yet. We are also have DVC room reservations & tickets, but ours are for October, so I assume they will start by reaching out to people in July first.

I keep checking DIS to see if there are any reports of people being contacted yet about making daily park reservations, but I haven't seen any reports yet. We are also have DVC room reservations & tickets, but ours are for October, so I assume they will start by reaching out to people in July first.

I also speculate it could be a bit - which will just frustrate all of us on the DIS to no end I'm sure. :-) Governor has to sign off and all that, then they gosh knows how hard/difficult/long a process it will be to start working through everything.

Last edited:
As a passholder and DVC member that never seems to get the important Disney emails, I am worried about being left out of this reservation system. It doesn't help that I have unactivated APs because I've now cancelled twice since March :-(

Hopefully it will be like Moonlight Magic or VIPassholder events where there is a shareable link to the reservation page.

I just hung up with the VIPassholders line. I renewed my DVC Platinum AP in February, but haven't been back to the parks yet. I have a reservation for 7/30. The CM said that yes, Disney will see my reservation and that I have a Renewal Certificate in my MDE account, and they will know to contact me for "reservations". So, sounds like if you have an AP certificate that hasn't been activated yet, the system will still know that you have tickets and will contact you.

If this is helpful to anyone...

Good news for us voucher holders! Thanks for reporting (I hate calling anyone, especially Disney 😂)

I just hung up with the VIPassholders line. I renewed my DVC Platinum AP in February, but haven't been back to the parks yet. I have a reservation for 7/30. The CM said that yes, Disney will see my reservation and that I have a Renewal Certificate in my MDE account, and they will know to contact me for "reservations". So, sounds like if you have an AP certificate that hasn't been activated yet, the system will still know that you have tickets and will contact you.

If this is helpful to anyone...

I also speculate it could be a bit - which will just frustrate all of us on the DIS to no end I'm sure. :-) Governor has to sign off and all that, then they gosh knows how hard/difficult/long a process it will be to start working through everything.

And they are doing it on phases and we don't yet know who will be in what phase but it may be phase 1 people get 3-4 days to do their reservations then it moves to phase 2 people for a few days. So if you are at the end it could be a wait.

If you're a DVC member, I'd keep an eye out and call them when you start to see people reporting that they've been contacted or that Disney is starting to take them. I wouldn't wait for them to contact you.

If you're a DVC member, I'd keep an eye out and call them when you start to see people reporting that they've been contacted or that Disney is starting to take them. I wouldn't wait for them to contact you.
I wouldn't wait either. Hopefully they start this process way before July

I mean, crazy as it sounds, there's definitely a certain logic to it.

With caps on the number of people permitted to enter, you have to imagine that Disney is going to be "full" more often. The entrance tickets in Shanghai were selling out pretty quickly. The last thing they want is someone flying down there to enter the parks and not be able to enter.

I'd rather make a guaranteed reservation than have to be at the park 2-3 hours prior to opening, just to be able to enter before capacity is reached... just my 2 cents.

Better to be dissatisfied from the comfort of my home/resort room than at the parks in the wee hours of the morning. Unless you enjoy the thrill of standing in early morning lines.

OOOOOO K so if you cant get a so-called "reservation to enter the parks and you keep trying over and over and over with no luck does that mean your AP will keep getting extended? I would seriously think it should if that's the case.

What they did at Shanghai Disney is that they didn't start the clock on your annual pass usage ticking down yet during the reservation period. I would presume that was different if you actually entered on your pass, but couldn't say for sure.

OOOOOO K so if you cant get a so-called "reservation to enter the parks and you keep trying over and over and over with no luck does that mean your AP will keep getting extended? I would seriously think it should if that's the case.

We don't know yet how they will prioritize who gets access to the reservations first, but it wouldn't surprise me if onsite reservations and AP holders get priority. But AP holders may have limits on the number of days they can reserve similar to what they already do for fastpasses.

I doubt they will micromanage each AP holder's account and adjust days based on when the AP holder decided to try for park reservations.

We don't know yet how they will prioritize who gets access to the reservations first, but it wouldn't surprise me if onsite reservations and AP holders get priority. But AP holders may have limits on the number of days they can reserve similar to what they already do for fastpasses.

I doubt they will micromanage each AP holder's account and adjust days based on when the AP holder decided to try for park reservations.
I think they should reduce ticket prices if this be the case. Why would someone pay full price with only limited access?

I think they should reduce ticket prices if this be the case. Why would someone pay full price with only limited access?

:P Disney lower prices? LOL! Fantasyland has NOT left the Magic Kingdom. I'm expecting the exact opposite..... Prices will go UP because they can't let in as many guests and they have to make up the profits from being closed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!