New ROFR guidelines?

I totally acknowledge that it is hard to wait on ROFR on your offers. But Disney's ROFR in the end helps most of us owners. It keeps the value of our contracts from falling to pathetic levels or almost zero.

I would NEVER have bought DVC (almost 2 decades ago) without ROFR. I recently sold one of my DVC contracts. My DH (who I married after buying 3 DVC contracts) said he'd never heard of anyone making money on a "time share".

Last edited:
Has anyone heard about the new ROFR rules from Disney? On one of the resale brokers Facebook page, it says that Disney is now saying that the 30 day ROFR is a guideline only, Disney will get to them at their convenience. And brokers are no longer allowed to contact Disney to check on the status of a contract. I can understand that sometimes you are short staffed, life happens, but this seems rude, for lack of a better word appropriate to use on a discussion board lol. Thoughts?

Not true, my title company contacted Disney today and received a response. She forwarded it to me, and they were polite and matter of fact about the fact that they are flooded with requests right now.

Last edited:
I don't know where you heard brokers or anyone else isn't allowed to contact Disney. My broker did just that today ,we're on day 28 and was told that they are flooded with request and getting to things as fast as they can. Very polite and matter of fact. Actually the reply was more than I expected.

This actually upsets me. Had I better understood the terms, I would have insisted upon a closing date 35 days out. As I read the language, you do not actually need to close on that date, just within 4 months of it. While I think it could never be established, I suspect the brokers are, in fact, concerned about "upsetting" Disney, which could target its client for repurchase.
Alas, I am now on day 23 of waiting with every expectation that the contract will be taken.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter