New Show at MGM

DepCor0311

<font color=red>KUNGALOOSH!!<br><font color=purple
When I was at WDW last December there were signs showing that they were doing construction to make room for a new show (over by where the residential neighborhood was). It is supposed to be a stunt (cars, motorcycles, etc.) show similar to the one that is at Disneyland Paris. I have not seen anything about this on the Disney Web Site...Does any one know anything about this...if so, when is it supposed to begin?

Yes it's based on, but not a copy of the moteurs, Action Stunt show and it is supposed to be ready for 2005 residential street was bulldozed to fit in the huge theatre as the show has a massive capacity due to the fact it will only be performed a few times a day due to the complexity of it.

It will be amazing as the Paris version has had fantastic reveiws!

It was mentioned in passing on Disney.com when the backlot tour went to rehab, the reason was to make way for the new stunt show.

Hope that helps
David

Having seen the show in France, it's fantastic! Genuinely very exciting, and I hope the one in Florida captures the spirit of the French version... because it will be soooo good! :teeth:

I also saw the one in France and cannot wait :jumping1: for them to finish this one!

Originally posted by WEDWDW
What was Residential Street and where was it located?Thanks.:D

Residential Street was an area behind the New York Street that features facades of houses that were used in shows like "The Golden Girls", "Empty Nest", "Ernest Saves Chirstmas" Disney Channel's "Adventures in Wonderland" among others. For most of the year it was only accessable by tram on the Backlot Tour, but during the Christmas season, it was made into a walking tour at Christmas for the Osborne Family Specticle of Lights holiday display.

Thanks Meeko.Does that mean that all of those shows were filmed at Disney/MGM?

Originally posted by WEDWDW
Thanks Meeko.Does that mean that all of those shows were filmed at Disney/MGM?

The outside scenes. The "houses" were actually just facades, fronts of the buildings, no actual rooms inside.

Hello DisneyDiver & Akbabe & Dave from UK:wave:

Could you give us more detailed juicy report on exactly what we'll see in MGM in 2005?

I'd appreciate reading about it! ::yes::

The Golden Girls and Empty Nest were both shot in California and exterior shots of their houses were filmed at Disney-MGM. There was also real house in California that was used for exterior shots for "The Golden Girls" that was used in the first seasons of the show before the Disney-MGM Studios was built. That house was replicated at the park's residential street and was used for exterior shots in the last seasons of the show. Adventures and Wonderland was shot on the Soundstages (part of which is now "Who Wants to Be A Millionare- Play It). Disney Channel's Mickey Mouse Club, Sing Me A Story with Belle, HBO's From the Earth to the Moon, and PBS's Dooley and Pals were also filmed there. Ernest Saves Christmas was also in part shot at Disney-MGM Studios as well as other locations in Orlando.

SeeDisney,

The motor stun show as it was announced...

Disney-MGM Studios guests will be on the edge of their seats as the secrets behind Hollywood’s most astounding stunts unfold at the new Disney-MGM Studios stunt show. Inspired by the popular Stunt Show Spectacular at Disneyland Paris, the high-octane, stunt show features specially designed cars, motorcycles and jet skis, plus special effects -- with audience members pulled into the fun. Insiders will reveal show secrets, detailing how stunts are created, designed and filmed for the movies. Filmed images are revealed on an oversized screen, illustrating how the use of different camera angles can add drama to filmed scenes.

The new show will open in 2005 and is part of a larger redevelopment of the backlot area of Disney-MGM Studios that also includes new cityscapes, adding Chicago and San Francisco to our existing New York City skyline.

The show's specially modified cars have already been delivered and i believe are already being rehearsed after park closing. The show will be based on but NOT a copy of the paris version so no one but Disney know what it's going to be like, we can just guess! the sets are enourmous and very very realisitic as the premise is you are watching them film stunt sequences... ... like Indiana Jones, but with cars... ... The show, due to its complexity will be perfomed only two or three times a day and so it will drain the park more than the parades do!

Hope that helped!

David

Does anyone have any more specific information on opening date than just sometime in 2005? Anyone know an approximate season (spring, etc.?) or month?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter