New Slap Bracelet Magic Bands coming...

New "Slap Bracelets" coming for Magic Bands.

https://www.kennythepirate.com/2019..._i-wA5JnWkt9uvLWBaRu4xOnr__Zzfo_vuPUGMqpGH4ps
Honestly not sure how I feel about these? I never found slap bands all that comfortable (from what I remember, many moons ago, lol). The samples in the article quite honestly, are not even remotely attractive.

Well, they're just an option. I like that they appear to be just holders that you put your "puck" into, which should make them a bit cheaper. I'm open to the idea if I see a style I like. I'm not crazy about the two in the picture though.

Slap bracelet??

Check out the link for photos. But, they were probably in the late 80s, early 90s I think? Basically it's a piece of very thin metal (similar to a tape measure) covered in rubber, and when it's held straight it's fairly rigid, but when you "slap" it against your wrist, it curls right up around your wrist like a bracelet.

The good thing about Magic Bands is they stay securely fastened to the wrist. Seems like the slap band would be more likely to fall off?

Honestly, I actually think the slap bands are probably less likely to fall off. The only way you can take them off is to physically "peel" it off. As opposed to the Magic Band that can come unsnapped fairly easily. I saw some commenting elsewhere, that they feel the slap bands may be better sized for small children.

Maybe it's just my kids, but every time they've been given a slap bracelet, they've started to inevitably pick at the edges until they expose the metal, and in most cases that has led to them cutting themselves on said metal. So, yeah, I'd skip the slap bracelets for sure. :)

This may be an option.. and may be better than the regular magic bands. I guess it depends on how well they stay on when your wrist "catches" on something.

My wife has lost one (and almost lost others) of the regular Magic Bands because just reaching in and out of bags, picking up kids, they would just pulled off without her noticing.
It wasn't until we got the AP sliders did we feel comfortable not losing our bands.
(Little rant about the AP sliders .. we never got sent them .. (they were "out of stock"). 5-6 months later we still didn't get them and when my wife lost her band and went to Guest Services to get a replacement she saw them in the CMs drawer! She asked for them and she was given them on the spot. We never did officially receive our AP sliders (our AP is up today actually). If we hadn't asked, we never would have got them.

Though .. slap bracelets for kids? They'll pull those off and play with them constantly (and probably lose them) .. something they DO not do with the Magic Bands as it is very hard for them to take those on and off (especially with the AP slider).

Though .. slap bracelets for kids? They'll pull those off and play with them constantly (and probably lose them) .. something they DO not do with the Magic Bands as it is very hard for them to take those on and off (especially with the AP slider).

This, exactly. No matter how they stay on or off or whether they are better or worse than the current bands, one thing is for sure...with slap bracelets, there isn't a parent in this world that is going to stop their child from taking off the bracelet and constantly slapping it back onto their wrist or the wrist of the siblings or friends or anything round in the parks. The whole point of a slap bracelet is to play with it because there fun, to buy them as a magic band and then tell a kid they cant play with it would be like giving u a new car with the keys in it but not allowed to drive it. What good is it a slap bracelet that is made to be played with if u cant play with it and who wants to really allow their kid to play with em and risk losing or breaking the device. I see this as a very short lived option. I'm sure alot of parents will buy in at first before realizing the nightmare of always losing the magic bands or the frustration of always fighting with the kids to keep on and the sale of bracelets will soon drop along with any options to buy them.

It wasn't until we got the AP sliders did we feel comfortable not losing our bands.
I am afraid about losing my Magic Band whenever its on, though have found that the DVD slider adds security. I actually even use one on a large watch I have that lost its holder strap- and it simultaneously reminds me of vacation (and no one has ever noticed/asked about it).

I think the pictured slap bands are cute. I'd give them a try if the adult versions are also appealing.

Anyone seen them up anywhere yet? Know I’m in the minority but would love to get one of them for my daughter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!