New sofa-sleeper - what brand?

goofy4dvc

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
Can anyone currently at WDW or planning a trip there soon tell me what brand of sofa-sleepers this is? Apparently this is the newest sofa-sleeper. I was just about to buy the American Upholstery brand that is in SSR, but if this new one is more comfortable, I want to check it out. Thanks for your help!!

2jesbjq.jpg

The red is a plastic coated metal and the black at the end of the bed is a taunt webbing.

We checked for a brand marking when we were at BWVs a couple of weeks ago. We found two different tags with the PO information but the manufacturer was not listed. Good luck and please post the information if you find out.

I looked for a tag today on ours in both the studio and LR ortion of our BCV villa and found no manufacturer's name.:confused3

When they first installed the new ones in the BW someone posted a link to a furniture site that had them and actually had a video showing the sofa unfolding, it was very cool.

When they first installed the new ones in the BW someone posted a link to a furniture site that had them and actually had a video showing the sofa unfolding, it was very cool.

Thanks, Sammie! Can someone (smarter than I am) post the link? I don't know how to do a search. I would really appreciate it. My only other option is to send an email to DVC that would probably not get answered before I need to purchase one.

They are the same type ( although the ones in the DVC's have a prettier and nicer fabric) that are in the All Star Family Suites.

In all my searches I could never find out who made them.

They were the most comfortable pull out/convertable sofas/chairs that I have ever tried.

This is a paragraph taken from the All Star Music Family Suites review of the DIS resorts page:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/resorts/asm.htm

All Star Music Resort Family Suites

Review
by Kevin Klose
DIS Content Editor

Both the chair and the ottoman open into beds. The chair opens to a twin size bed and the ottoman opens to a “junior” sized bed….about the size of a cot. The bed and the chair are amazing designs. The kids will think they are cool and Disney’s competitors are going to steal this idea. Watch for different versions of this to spring up everywhere.

---------------------------------------------------------

The sofa opens into a double bed.

Here is a photo I took of the pullout chair when we stayed at All Star Music September 21.

Notice the seat and back of chair support the foldout bed.
There are no metal bars running under your back area.

I laid down on it and it was very comfortable.

YGP133F.jpg

In fact I was so happy with the fold outs that Iwanted to buy a pull out sofa and chair for my spare room but I was told they are made exculsively for Disney.:sad2:

Here is a link to a thread about my quest for the pull outs.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1236271&referrerid=&highlight=

If anyone knows who make these sleepers I also would love to know.

Thanks!

Thanks for sharing your information, minnie61650.

I guess I will probably end up buying the one from American Upholstery which is the same as the one in SSR. By the way, American Upholstery and American Leather is the same company, just depends on whether the furniture is covered with leather or upholstery fabric.

THey are about twice as costly as any other sofabed I've found, but they are the only ones that are the same width and length as a regulation mattress. Most sofabeds are narrower and/or shorter and I don't want our guests feet hanging off the end of the mattress!! Our second choice was LaCrosse, which is made here in Kansas. They have an optional memory foam mattress which is even more comfortable than the American Upholstery beds in SSR. But even going with the optional extra long mattress, it's still 6 inches shorter than the AU. The LaCrosse is more comfortable to sit on, but this is going in my sewing room where it will be used more often as a sofabed than a sofa.

Sorry if I could find the link I would post it for you, but alas I have searched and searched and can not find it.

I guess whoever posted it orginially does not post on the DIS anymore as I have tried to find it.

Minnie, Did you not see the link when it got posted showing the ones just like Family suites and the new ones at the BW and BCV. The site had a video on the home page showing the couch closed and in various stages of being open.

I know I did not dream this because I was fascinated watching it open and close. I just can not find the link.

Yes, although the sofa-beds aren't exactly the same as the ones american leather/upholstery sells, they are very similar. American leather does have a website: www.americanleather.com Their sofa-beds are much more expensive than the standard ones, but they are considerably more comfortable. They don't have the webbing as in the picture, but they seem to be similar to ones we've had at some DVC resorts.

Sorry if I could find the link I would post it for you, but alas I have searched and searched and can not find it.

I guess whoever posted it orginially does not post on the DIS anymore as I have tried to find it.

Minnie, Did you not see the link when it got posted showing the ones just like Family suites and the new ones at the BW and BCV. The site had a video on the home page showing the couch closed and in various stages of being open.

I know I did not dream this because I was fascinated watching it open and close. I just can not find the link.

Sorry Sammie,
I did not see the video.
I wish I had.

I really want to buy that style of foldout sofa for my spare room.

I will keep searching.

If I find one like it I will post the info on this board and on the resorts board.

If anyone here finds out some info about these foldouts please PM me or post the info on the resorts board also. I read and post on the resorts board almost daily.

I only come to this board once in a while since I am not yet a DVC owner.

I am a CRV hopeful and wannabe owner of a DVC at the CR.

Thanks--and----

Have fun at Disney!:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter