New Star Wars Millennium Falcon Simulator details

When is the rumored opening for Star Wars in DHS in 2019? Likely to be after the summer?

I was going to say you can’t leave us hanging like that. But after reading that I honestly think I agree with cutting that over costs. Wish they would’ve substituted with something like the speederbike rumors that always floated around instead of truly cutting an option though
I’m not sure a speederbike attraction would fit this lands aesthetic.

Disney has a track record of not staffing rides fully or running rides to capacity regardless of park visitors. I think we can all agree that whatever the theoretical ride capacities are, you should expect the actual capacity to be less or much less.

Every park has a "track record" of doing this according to the fanboys. Florida is the most regulated state for amusement rides. They're staffing rides correctly per those regulations.

Not trying to show off just trying to help prove my point that there are only 3 levels. Disney did not build this as a high capacity attraction by any means.

Go to any local Six Flags or Cedar Fair park, and most of them have a marker board somewhere by the loading gates. 2,000 per hour is an amazing stat to get to for hourly capacity on a roller coaster, which is a high draw. Go from there my young padawans.

Every park has a "track record" of doing this according to the fanboys. Florida is the most regulated state for amusement rides. They're staffing rides correctly per those regulations.

Agreed. Went to a Six Flags a couple of weeks ago during Spring Break. It was slammed but a lot of the coasters they had 2 and sometimes 1 employees manning the ride. They did not have someone directing guests to rows so cars were leaving with empty rows sometimes because people didnt notice there was a row there. Also, I mentioned in the survey they sent that they were risking guest safety by understaffing the rides. Several times I watched employees skip rows in safety checks because they were distracted trying to do too much.

I will say that anyone that complains about Disney needs to go to one of these non Disney parks. Its not cheap and they are no where close to Disney in pretty much every aspect. Long Lines, employees that don't give a damn, bathrooms with urine everywhere.

Go to any local Six Flags or Cedar Fair park, and most of them have a marker board somewhere by the loading gates. 2,000 per hour is an amazing stat to get to for hourly capacity on a roller coaster, which is a high draw. Go from there my young padawans.
I am going off what Pete has said on the podcast in addition to what Len Testa's team has observed when they actually count riders per hour lately. Empirical evidence in this case.

Last edited:
Agreed. Went to a Six Flags a couple of weeks ago during Spring Break. It was slammed but a lot of the coasters they had 2 and sometimes 1 employees manning the ride. They did not have someone directing guests to rows so cars were leaving with empty rows sometimes because people didnt notice there was a row there. Also, I mentioned in the survey they sent that they were risking guest safety by understaffing the rides. Several times I watched employees skip rows in safety checks because they were distracted trying to do too much.

I will say that anyone that complains about Disney needs to go to one of these non Disney parks. Its not cheap and they are no where close to Disney in pretty much every aspect. Long Lines, employees that don't give a damn, bathrooms with urine everywhere.

When I went to Universal last week I was honestly shocked that so many rides were running seats and rows. Express pass waits were 30 min+, the park was slammed, yet there were whole empty rows and ride vehicles...I was very confused.

When I went to Universal last week I was honestly shocked that so many rides were running seats and rows. Express pass waits were 30 min+, the park was slammed, yet there were whole empty rows and ride vehicles...I was very confused.
That was my last visit to universal as well. The Seuss Trolley only ran one side with one train. Took 25 minutes to wait when it was posted 5. Waited around 45 minutes with express for Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit. Standby when I entered said 60 and single rider said 50. When I made it to the front of the line they made an announcement that the wait time was now 80 minutes. Redeemed my express for Jimmy Fallon and the line filled the halls before turning to get your cards. Walked out of line. Was told by team members to walk between the parks instead of taking the hogwarts express. I wanted to do mummy but it wouldn’t have been worth using express since I was told it’s usually half the standby wait. I wasn’t waiting 20 minutes in a express line for mummy when I’ve never seen it go past 10 minutes on an average day. The biggest kicker to me was the express line for gringotts was out the door. It was a 90 minute standbywait. I noped back to islands, sat on a rock overlooking the lake for who knows how long and had a better time doing that than being in the studios. I think the lowest wait that day was 35 minutes and that was for Shrek
Edit: fixed my horrendous grammar and added some details I thought would be necessary to understanding better

Last edited:
I'm curious how it will work with 6 people in a vehicle..... If you're a couple, will they stick you with another family? So your ride would more be controlled by others? And what about their obnoxious kids? Or the drunk college kids you are forced to ride with? I'd be upset if I waited hours and had a miserable ride because of my "crew mates"......

This was my initial thought. I wonder how they will determine who gets to do what. It seems like if you want it to just be you and your friends you'll have to come with however many fit and just decide amongst yourself who does what.

I'm curious how it will work with 6 people in a vehicle..... If you're a couple, will they stick you with another family? So your ride would more be controlled by others? And what about their obnoxious kids? Or the drunk college kids you are forced to ride with? I'd be upset if I waited hours and had a miserable ride because of my "crew mates"......

Sounds like Mission Space, except with a single screen instead of individual viewports.

That was my last visit to universal as well. The Seuss Trolley only ran one side with one train. Took 25 minutes to wait when it was posted 5. Waited around 45 minutes with express for Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit. Standby when I entered said 60 and single rider said 50. When I made it to the front of the line they made an announcement that the wait time was now 80 minutes. Redeemed my express for Jimmy Fallon l and the line filled the halls before turning to get your cards. Walked out of line Was told by team members to walk between the parks instead of taking the hogwarts express and mummy wouldn’t have been worth using express since I was told it’s usually half the standby wait. The biggest kicker to me was the express line for gringotts was out the door. It was a 90 minute wait. I noped back to islands, sat on a rock overlooking the lake for who knows how long and had a better time doing that than being in the studios. I think the lowest wait that day was 35 minutes and that was for Shrek

Wow! The only time I've seen US that bad was during Disney's blackout dates (December 30). I decided to do Universal since I couldn't go to Disney. Fallon was as you described. That said, I've seen the pictures from MK during that same time...and that made US look half empty by comparison.

Last edited:
Sounds like Mission Space, except with a single screen instead of individual viewports.

Wow! The only time I've seen US that bad was during Disney's blackout dates (December 30). I decided to do Universal since I couldn't go to Disney. Fallon was as you described. That said, I've seen the pictures from MK during that same time...and that made US look half empty by comparison.
I was stalking waits around that time and universal seemed worse wait time wise. When the Timtracker went the crowds did not look bad at all

With FoP, Disney seems to have vastly underestimated the crowds that Pandora would draw. A lot of Disney fans seemed completely disinterested in anything having to do with the Avatar franchise. To some degree there was risk there and I can see not wanting to build too much.

But with Star Wars, given the the fact that some people will come solely for Star Wars, they should be aiming for massive capacity. I guess you simply can't build for massive capacity before economics comes into play. But if the SW stuff doesn't at least have the theoretical capacity to exceed FoP, then they are doing something wrong.

I agree with this all, and as rteetz has said, it was supposed to have a third attraction (though I believe Pandora was supposed to have (or can have) a third attraction as well)

I do think with Galaxy's Edge there is the element that the land itself is an attraction with how you interact with the CMs/natives being part of the story and impacts your status and stuff like that .... obviously not the same as a full on third attraction but I think that is the idea that there is more to do (and thus take up capacity) in the land besides the rides

Says 4K x 4K resolution rendered real time to dome

How did this leak out already?

I am wrong in thinking that this looks like the whole ride? I stopped watching about 30 seconds in because I don't want it spoiled...

it was intentionally released to showcase the advanced nature of the ride. Every time you ride this attraction will have a different outcome as the 6 member crew has a direct impact on the mission, and this will supposedly follow you around the land. Which begs the question, if someone decides to have there 10 year old as the pilot can that effect your experience negatively through out the land? or are you "scored" based on your role in the ship? I can just see people obsessing about stats or character "experience" and fights breaking out in the loading area. (or maybe they will have a separate line for each role when you get inside?)

How did this leak out already?

I am wrong in thinking that this looks like the whole ride? I stopped watching about 30 seconds in because I don't want it spoiled...
This is from a conference where they were showcasing the technology to tech people. It’s only about 30 seconds and not completely finished yet.

it was intentionally released to showcase the advanced nature of the ride. Every time you ride this attraction will have a different outcome as the 6 member crew has a direct impact on the mission, and this will supposedly follow you around the land. Which begs the question, if someone decides to have there 10 year old as the pilot can that effect your experience negatively through out the land? or are you "scored" based on your role in the ship? I can just see people obsessing about stats or character "experience" and fights breaking out in the loading area. (or maybe they will have a separate line for each role when you get inside?)

I definitely get what you are saying - especially if we assume they are going to want to fill up each "pod" which means most people will be in there with people not in their group (unless you happen to be a group of exactly 6) .... I'd have to think that the performance of the entire group matters but your individual performance will matter more to minimize that impact.

Knowing how seriously some people take their virtual avatars - be it in World of Warcraft or their D&D characters or whatever - I can definitely see some people getting upset if someone else's performance negatively impacts them

I wonder if they might try to match up people that are of similar levels? Just thinking in most role playing games you don't have a level 2 wizard paired up with a level 90 warrior or whatever

I definitely get what you are saying - especially if we assume they are going to want to fill up each "pod" which means most people will be in there with people not in their group (unless you happen to be a group of exactly 6) .... I'd have to think that the performance of the entire group matters but your individual performance will matter more to minimize that impact.

Knowing how seriously some people take their virtual avatars - be it in World of Warcraft or their D&D characters or whatever - I can definitely see some people getting upset if someone else's performance negatively impacts them

I wonder if they might try to match up people that are of similar levels? Just thinking in most role playing games you don't have a level 2 wizard paired up with a level 90 warrior or whatever

I'm sure many will read my post and roll there eyes, but for anyone that has gamed online they know the rage is real...lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter