New SWGE Superthread! Now Open to All! (6/24/2019)

When do you think they will they add FP to SWGE?

• Summer 2020

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Fall 2020

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Winter 2020

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • 2021+

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Never

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

figment_jii

DIS Veteran
This article mentions that CMs have been downplaying the immersion recently --Has anyone experienced this? I've only been to GE once, in early August, and it was still all over the place.
It was kind of hit or miss just before Thanksgiving. Some of the CM didn't use the "Bright Suns" or "Credit Reducers" terms, but there were still those that did. We even had one CM ask about Christmas and tell us about the "Life Day" celebration that had happened a few days earlier. So it varies between CMs. I think it really depends on the CM and (perhaps) how receptive the guests themselves seem (if they say "Bright Suns" and you respond with "Bright Suns", I think they're probably more likely to continue sprinkling in the Batuu-words).

• Save up to 25% in Early 2020!
    Visit the Disneyland Resort in early 2020 and save up to 25% on a stay at the Disneyland Resort Hotels.
    This offer must be booked by 03/14/20, with travel completed by 04/17/20. This offer is good most nights 01/05/20 to 04/16/20!
    Click Here for Details

• theluckyrabbit

... I think it really depends on the CM and (perhaps) how receptive the guests themselves seem (if they say "Bright Suns" and you respond with "Bright Suns", I think they're probably more likely to continue sprinkling in the Batuu-words).
    I would agree with this. When I have time to spend with CMs and use the SWGE terminology, they stay in character and help me along if I falter or don't know all the vocabulary. But if I'm in a hurry and just ask a question in straight English, they answer me right away without any role playing. They seem to take all the cues from the guest.

• Disney Rose

Mouseketeer
    Does anyone know if there are still shortages of popular merchandise like Loth cats? And if it’s essential to book for droid building? Or are the crowds easing off?

mama&me

Mouseketeer
    Does anyone know if there are still shortages of popular merchandise like Loth cats? And if it’s essential to book for droid building? Or are the crowds easing off?
    We were there today. Took my 76 year old parents Our first time.
    I don’t know if there were lothcats. I didn’t see any but didn’t ask. I did purchase the giftcard in droid depot and the carrying case for my dads droid.
    We rode MFSR in under an hour. My parents were picked to be the pilots.
    They were filming something today and we got to see JJ Abrams, C3PO, Rey, Poe and others (not sure who everyone was).
    Thanks to this thread and everyone’s input, we had the experience of a lifetime.

• mama&me

Mouseketeer
    Oh and we did have reservations for my dad to build a droid but it didn’t seem to be sold out. There wasn’t anyone in the station next to him.
    We also had reservations for Savis and Ogas but those did seem full.

figment_jii

DIS Veteran
    So, I've finally had a chance to test out how the droids interact with each other! We used on BB-8 and one R2-D2 unit, both with personality chips. The range is about 4.5 feet. When they're within that range, they seemed to "talk" to each other, but if further apart, they stopped "talking" (i.e., no more sounds/lights/movement). When "talking" each droid reacts about every 2 minutes.

MWGum

Earning My Ears
    Has anyone else had trouble making a reservation for Droid Depot? I have been trying all week and keep getting the "Something went wrong. Please try again." error. I have tried on my phone and desktop in both Safari and Chrome. I called today and they said that there isn't anything that they can do and that it has to be made online.

happyleesh

Mouseketeer
    I finally got it to work through an incognito window and a direct link from a google search, like “make a droid depot reservation”, not an internal Disney link from MDE. SO frustrating!

MWGum

Earning My Ears
    I finally got it to work through an incognito window and a direct link from a google search... SO frustrating!
    I finally got it to work! Thanks for the suggestion. One other thing that I noticed was that my phone number had the 1 at the beginning so I removed it. Not sure if that mattered or not.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates