If anyone has been following the WDW opening, it seems like they announced that the boarding groups would not open during EMH, but then they went ahead and opened them early, which caused some complaints, but might have been the best solution for the massive crowd.

People out here are crazy, so it’s not all that unreasonable to think that someone could stagger out of Trader Sam’s at 2 a.m.… then just wander over to the main gate and get in line! At that point, it’s only a few more hours until open, right?!

I've been following. We will be there 1/25 and 1/26 (Saturday and Sunday). Not sure if that will be an EMH, but I hope not. The EMH today seemed to change everything. I'm in with the Trader Sam's plan :)

• Haha
Reactions: EmJ
I realize this is the WDW forum, but we go to both parks, and we are headed to DLR the weekend ROTR opens there (no on purpose, just worked out that way, and, now I am scared!). It opens on a Friday, and we will go on Saturday morning. That is an “early entry” day at DL on that Saturday where onsite resort guests and those with 3 day or more tickets (they get one early entry per ticket, so they have to choose their day) get into DL an hour early. Typically SWGE is closed during this hour, but they allow guests to line up during that hour outside the land.

I wonder if they will do the VQ there (I strongly suspect that they will), and if it will work similarly to the way they did it for EMH at WDW. It is a fairly large number of people who go to early entry on any given DL day anyway, and I can not fathom the crowds that this ride will bring!!!

We were at DLR during the reservation only period when SWGE opened, and the running of the bulls to get an Oga’s time was insane and dangerous, so hopefully the VQ will eliminate that part.

Has anyone had experience with a breakfast/almost lunch reservation at Oga's? I was able to snag a 9:50am ressie for Oga's for our last minute trip. According to the menu, breakfast switches over at 10:05am. I am assuming there may be a slight delay to checking in with the host/hostess and being seated (or I guess stood 🤣) with a menu. I am interested in trying the Bloody Rancor, but wouldn't be too upset if we had the larger lunch drink menu to choose from. Any experiences with 9:50am resssies? Thanks!

When do you guys think they will add FP for MFSR and RotR? Have they ever said definitively if they will for sure be adding FP?

On the website it says that the builder can bring one guest, but the confirmation email says that the builder can bring two guests. Has any tried taking two guests with them?
My friend built one a month ago and Disneylords let his sister and me watch.

I would kind of doubt it. Magic Mornings in the park are for Fantasyland and Tomorrowland only. SWGE is not currently open during Magic Mornings.

It would be wonderful if they could offer priority boarding groups to hotel guests, but I’d think they would have advertised that by now...

Both attractions were built with FP queues. They will add them some day. I wouldn't be surprised if they add them in 2020, and I wouldn't be surprised if they don't add them in 2020. I wouldn't plan anything around SW:GE adding FP at a particular time, if that's what you're trying to do.

If I had to guess, I think it will be turned on for MFSR within a couple weeks after ROTR opens. I suspect ROTR FP won't be activated until that ride has been running reliably for at least 6 months.

I hope DL doesn’t quite use the same system WDW is using for the opening of ROTR. It’s a great system but you can only go on the ride once the entire day and I don’t like that at all.

I hope DL doesn’t quite use the same system WDW is using for the opening of ROTR. It’s a great system but you can only go on the ride once the entire day and I don’t like that at all.
I’m guessing they will do the boarding group system and basically do what they are doing at WDW.

They currently have enough people wanting to ride it to fill it to the current operating capacity. As long as that’s the case, it’s most fair to limit it to one ride per person per day.

That limit is a bit unfortunate for anyone who cannot visit regularly - meaning someone who travelled a long way and won’t be back will only get one ride - but it’s better than allowing multiple rides which would mean that person would have a greater chance of not getting to ride at all, which is definitely worse.

of course, there’s also the possibility that it won’t be crowded in the same way it is at WDW because the large local population with APs will have more flexibility to visit at different times.

Is there any reliable info as to whether ROTR will have single rider or fastpass when it opens?

Robert Niles (theme park journalist and editor of Theme Park Insider) checked with WDW park ops and the answer is no for SR (at least for WDW, and since the attractions are clones I imagine the answer will be no for DL as well). See the 7th comment at https://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201912/7141/ No FP for now either, though as discussed above it's built with a FP queue and there are scanners at the entrance ready to go whenever they decide to implement FP

I emailed Disneyland and asked about boarding groups just in case they knew something. This is what they responded:

“Thank you for contacting the Disneyland Resort in California!

We are happy to hear that you are planning an upcoming visit to The Happiest Place on Earth!

We haven't heard at this time. We do have the Virtual Queue.

The Virtual Queue will be used on busy days to help Guests visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge more comfortably.

It will not be needed every day. On some days, it may be used just for peak times of the day.

When it is in use, Digital Boards throughout the Park will display Boarding Group return times, and you can find information on call times for Boarding Groups in the “Important Messages” page on the Disneyland App, in the same place as reservations for Oga’s Cantina and Savi’s Workshop.

Thank you again for your message, and have a magical day!”

So it seems like they aren’t 100% sure what’s going to happen but those of us crazy people going opening day should probably plan to use Boarding Groups similar to the current ones at WDW.

I emailed Disneyland and asked about boarding groups just in case they knew something. This is what they responded:

“Thank you for contacting the Disneyland Resort in California!

We are happy to hear that you are planning an upcoming visit to The Happiest Place on Earth!

We haven't heard at this time. We do have the Virtual Queue.

The Virtual Queue will be used on busy days to help Guests visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge more comfortably.

It will not be needed every day. On some days, it may be used just for peak times of the day.

When it is in use, Digital Boards throughout the Park will display Boarding Group return times, and you can find information on call times for Boarding Groups in the “Important Messages” page on the Disneyland App, in the same place as reservations for Oga’s Cantina and Savi’s Workshop.

Thank you again for your message, and have a magical day!”

So it seems like they aren’t 100% sure what’s going to happen but those of us crazy people going opening day should probably plan to use Boarding Groups similar to the current ones at WDW.
Didn’t they take down all the digital boards a few weeks after SWGE opened? It’ll be interesting to see if those go back up in the coming weeks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter