Is it feasible to take a light saber built at Savi's on RoTR in the carrying case? I have 3 reservations on one of my Disneyland days and am worried about getting to the ride during my window if we get a BG.

If anyone can help me out with this question, I would SO appreciate it.

I just read on a thread on the WDW side of the boards that FP+ can now be booked for the Millennium Falcon ride at HS. FP+ begins at HS for that ride on 2/19. I wonder if FP for MFSR is going to be coming soon at Disneyland, too? ROTR opened at WDW in December, so maybe if Disney follows a similar timeline, then FP for MFSR at Disneyland might open some time in Feb?

I just read on a thread on the WDW side of the boards that FP+ can now be booked for the Millennium Falcon ride at HS. FP+ begins at HS for that ride on 2/19. I wonder if FP for MFSR is going to be coming soon at Disneyland, too? ROTR opened at WDW in December, so maybe if Disney follows a similar timeline, then FP for MFSR at Disneyland might open some time in Feb?
I almost wonder if it will happen sooner. 30 days notice at WDW for a FP tiering change is kinda important (if anything it's too short of a notice), but at DL there's really no reason to tell people more than maybe a day ahead of time that you're changing something to be on FP.

It's also been open here longer and has shorter waits.

Is it feasible to take a light saber built at Savi's on RoTR in the carrying case? I have 3 reservations on one of my Disneyland days and am worried about getting to the ride during my window if we get a BG.
I would say it should be feasible. I went on opening day and there were at least 50 people who brought their lightsabers. Considering we were all there for the ride opening, I'm sure they all went on it with theirs.

I almost wonder if it will happen sooner. 30 days notice at WDW for a FP tiering change is kinda important (if anything it's too short of a notice), but at DL there's really no reason to tell people more than maybe a day ahead of time that you're changing something to be on FP.

It's also been open here longer and has shorter waits.

True! I'm looking forward to FP being available for it.

Does anyone have tips on seeing/meeting the characters in SWGE? Is it just hit or miss or are there certain times of day when you're more likely to meet them. I understand characters like Rey and Kylo Ren have certain areas of SWGE that they hang out in. Just wondering about time of day.

I feel like its gonna happen at any moment. But also.... maybe not. They could have easily added it to the Disney parks blog post.

I kind of doubt it will, average wait times are under an hour at Disneyland for it, so there is no real need for it and in fact may cause more problems than adding FP would solve.

I kind of doubt it will, average wait times are under an hour at Disneyland for it, so there is no real need for it and in fact may cause more problems than adding FP would solve.
Perhaps, but I don't know if that's my criteria; they have FP for several rides that would be under an hour most of the time without it (IASW, HM, Goofy, Roger Rabbit)

I would think the fact that average wait times are under an hour would make Disney more likely to add FP, not less likely. If the average wait time was 4 hours they would be very unlikely to lengthen the SB wait still further by adding FP. But the fact that it’s under an hour allows much more flexibility to add FP.

I also think that adding the FP to MFSR allows Disneyland to lessen the impact of FP on other rides, since if you are holding on for MFSR you can't also be getting one for another attraction. If they manage the allocation correctly I don't think that you will see huge increases in the standby wait time. Essentially if they use 50% of the capacity for FP then wait times for standby would only run up to about 60-90 minutes.

Anyone else notice the app got a little update? Maybe its old news and I just noticed but it will not list the next available fast pass time for the ride under the name of the ride in the attractions list.

Anyone else notice the app got a little update? Maybe its old news and I just noticed but it will not list the next available fast pass time for the ride under the name of the ride in the attractions list.

I just opened my app (no updates available) and I still see the FP return times. That is strange your app doesn't show it. Are you on an iPhone or Android? I have an Android.

They have the queue set up (at least from what I saw) to accommodate Fastpass (right?). I bet they will do it fairly soon.

I wonder if adding FastPass gives them some ‘good press’ in regards to crowds. Most folks see FastPass as meaning=no wait. ‘We know ROTR is crazy but hey we have FP now for the other one!‘

I keep seeing articles (usually on non-DL focused) sites going on and on about how the new ride is causing crazy lines and people showing up at 3am, etc etc. And we all know that insanity was only day one and even if it’s crowded, it’s not that bad. I’m sure that’s not the press Disney wants since it’s clear that type of news makes people stay away.

Personally, I’ll be so happy if they add FP. Even 40 minutes standing is too long for me bc of health reasons and I don’t like to use a wheelchair/scooter bc I’m stubborn. 😂

I’m sure it’s coming soon! They didn’t add a FP line to not ever use it!

I just opened my app (no updates available) and I still see the FP return times. That is strange your app doesn't show it. Are you on an iPhone or Android? I have an Android.

They have the queue set up (at least from what I saw) to accommodate Fastpass (right?). I bet they will do it fairly soon.
Same on my iPhone - still showing return times.

I hope not! That was a great enhancment. Park opening was 9 AM this morning. Is it possible you opened app just before that?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter