I also think that adding the FP to MFSR allows Disneyland to lessen the impact of FP on other rides, since if you are holding on for MFSR you can't also be getting one for another attraction. If they manage the allocation correctly I don't think that you will see huge increases in the standby wait time. Essentially if they use 50% of the capacity for FP then wait times for standby would only run up to about 60-90 minutes.
The problem isn't the impact on FP at other attractions, the problem is the impact on walkways, length of lines for dining, shopping and Standby lines and lines for attractions without FP.

I don't think Disney will want to risk how negative of an impact this could have for the minimal benefits of adding FP. Not to mention that due to how the FP queue is configured, adding FP could cause some issues for guests that have sensory/crowd issues, right now it works as there aren't many people in the FP queue, but that queue could become quite crowded and loud.

Does anyone have tips on seeing/meeting the characters in SWGE? Is it just hit or miss or are there certain times of day when you're more likely to meet them. I understand characters like Rey and Kylo Ren have certain areas of SWGE that they hang out in. Just wondering about time of day.
We see Rey a lot on the Resistance side. Chewie is there too. Kylo Ren is often near his ship, and between that area and the marketplace part. Actually Kylo roams quite a bit so if you’re in the land for any amount of time you’ll probably see him. We’ve seen Vi Moradi outside the Droid Depot and in the marketplace. Storm troopers pretty much everywhere although I haven’t seen storm troopers on the Resistance side.

We see Rey a lot on the Resistance side. Chewie is there too. Kylo Ren is often near his ship, and between that area and the marketplace part. Actually Kylo roams quite a bit so if you’re in the land for any amount of time you’ll probably see him. We’ve seen Vi Moradi outside the Droid Depot and in the marketplace. Storm troopers pretty much everywhere although I haven’t seen storm troopers on the Resistance side.
thank you! So we'll just plan to spend some time browsing/roaming around in the area.

I would say it should be feasible. I went on opening day and there were at least 50 people who brought their lightsabers. Considering we were all there for the ride opening, I'm sure they all went on it with theirs.

Thank you so much for the reply! I feel like a CM would stop me at the beginning of the queue if I couldn't take it on, also, but I'm a worry wort.

How long have lines for this been recently? I'll be at Disneyland for a quick girls trip with my mom and sisters 2 weeks from Saturday, just for the day. With RoTR opening, has that made MFSR lines longer? Best time of day to ride? That would be awesome if FP was available for it before we get there.

How long have lines for this been recently? I'll be at Disneyland for a quick girls trip with my mom and sisters 2 weeks from Saturday, just for the day. With RoTR opening, has that made MFSR lines longer? Best time of day to ride? That would be awesome if FP was available for it before we get there.
ROTR has not meaningfully impacted wait times at other rides in the park including MFSR.

Best time of day to ride MFSR is evening - lines are shorter. Best time to ride ROTR is whenever your boarding group is called ;)

Would FP for MFSR make my life easier... YES

However, MFSR should never get a Fastpass option at Disneyland. It doesn't really need it and when ROTR gets FP it will be nice to have one attraction in the land that doesn't have it.

ala Jungle Cruise and Indiana Jones, Pirates and Mansion

ME

Don't see why they wouldn't bring FP to it in DLR since the lines are set up for it, maybe they're gonna see how it goes in WDW and try to work out some of the issues before bringing to DLR?

Anyone else notice the app got a little update? Maybe its old news and I just noticed but it will not list the next available fast pass time for the ride under the name of the ride in the attractions list.

I can still see them in my attractions list...Samsung Galaxy 10.

Edit: never mind, saw your follow up post too late

The problem isn't the impact on FP at other attractions, the problem is the impact on walkways, length of lines for dining, shopping and Standby lines and lines for attractions without FP.

I don't think Disney will want to risk how negative of an impact this could have for the minimal benefits of adding FP. Not to mention that due to how the FP queue is configured, adding FP could cause some issues for guests that have sensory/crowd issues, right now it works as there aren't many people in the FP queue, but that queue could become quite crowded and loud.

The FP queue isn't very long and it's separated from the other one entirely. Even if it were full, it wouldn't get loud and crazy, as it's single file. You simply walk up a ramp, make a u turn, up another ramp, and are immediately at the pre show rooms. It is similar to the Space Mtn fastpass line.

Would FP for MFSR make my life easier... YES

However, MFSR should never get a Fastpass option at Disneyland. It doesn't really need it and when ROTR gets FP it will be nice to have one attraction in the land that doesn't have it.

ME
Wait...Indy and Haunted Mansion (at times) do have Fastpass lines. Or are you saying you wish they didn't?

I am a big Fastpass user, so the more rides the merrier, and the shorter the lines I have to wait in. I was under the impression that adding Fastpass doesn't have a big impact on the Standby lines -- some, of course, but due to the timed return, not so much.

The FP queue isn't very long and it's separated from the other one entirely. Even if it were full, it wouldn't get loud and crazy, as it's single file. You simply walk up a ramp, make a u turn, up another ramp, and are immediately at the pre show rooms. It is similar to the Space Mtn fastpass line.
Actually, the FP queue is extremely long and the materials used cause sound to echo much more than other FP queues.
Wait...Indy and Haunted Mansion (at times) do have Fastpass lines. Or are you saying you wish they didn't?

I am a big Fastpass user, so the more rides the merrier, and the shorter the lines I have to wait in. I was under the impression that adding Fastpass doesn't have a big impact on the Standby lines -- some, of course, but due to the timed return, not so much.
In general I like FP as well, but the FP queue for Smugglers Run is very poorly designed.

They were comparing having a ride with FP and one without in the same land. Not saying they don't have FP or that they wish they didn't have it.

Jungle Cruise and Indy are both in Adventure Land, only Indy has FP.

Pirates and HM are both in New Orleans, only HM has FP.

What they're saying is have ROTR with FP and MFSR without it so there's a ride with and a ride without in SWGE.

Actually, the FP queue is extremely long and the materials used cause sound to echo much more than other FP queues.

In general I like FP as well, but the FP queue for Smugglers Run is very poorly designed.

Gonna have to disagree with you. We have used it numerous times and the materials and construction are no different than the standby line, which we have waited in once. The standby line was worse, what with all the manufactured shop noises and radio "broadcasts." My son needed his headphones in the standby line. He doesn't when we use the FP line with a DAS.

They were comparing having a ride with FP and one without in the same land. Not saying they don't have FP or that they wish they didn't have it.

Jungle Cruise and Indy are both in Adventure Land, only Indy has FP.

Pirates and HM are both in New Orleans, only HM has FP.

What they're saying is have ROTR with FP and MFSR without it so there's a ride with and a ride without in SWGE.
Okay, got it now. But what difference does it really make? You can still go standby in Indy, or Haunted Mansion, or Smuggler's Run if you want to. And if it doesn't make a huge difference in the standby wait then the impact is minimal, and the status of the other rides in the land is irrelevant. (And RotR might have Fastpass one day, too...)

If I make reservations for ogas and we show up and have only a standing table available and we choose to leave will they still charge us? My kids are obsessed with Star Wars and I think they’d love the atmosphere but I don’t think they’d tolerate the standing part....

This is an establishment that is in the business of selling drinks and snacks. IMHO, I don't think people should visit and not buy something. You don't have to stay long. DH and I went in Florida, had one drink each and we were there about a half an hour. Most people stand as there are very few tables for sitting. If that doesn't work for your kids at this point, you might consider not going until they can stand for 30 minutes at a time. Some people have reported CMs allowing a guest to take a quick peek and leave but I wouldn't count on that, especially as a family.

You also have the option to request one of the sit down tables. They warn you that this can cause a long wait, but when we went with grandma she needed to sit. We only waited about 5 minutes with a group of 6. Could be Much longer if they are very crowded, but it is an option...

You also have the option to request one of the sit down tables. They warn you that this can cause a long wait, but when we went with grandma she needed to sit. We only waited about 5 minutes with a group of 6. Could be Much longer if they are very crowded, but it is an option...

this is a good idea thanks! They are capable of standing that long but when you are standing in lines and walking around all day it’s nice to at least let them sit for a drink and snack in my opinion. We will try that option!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter